Mark my words - India will still win the series

Series averages
Team Mat WonDescending Lost Tied Draw W/L Ave RPO Inns HS LS Start Date   Winner  
India 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 32.10 3.17 6 384 145 12 Nov 1988   India investigate this query
New Zealand in India Test Series, 1988/89
India 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 26.59 2.81 6 400 137 20 Nov 1996   India investigate this query
South Africa in India Test Series, 1996/97
India 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 48.74 3.42 5 633 169 6 Mar 1998   India investigate this query
Border-Gavaskar Trophy (Australia in India), 1997/98
India 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 34.16 3.09 6 657 171 27 Feb 2001   India investigate this query
Border-Gavaskar Trophy (Australia in India), 2000/01
India 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 51.51 3.86 4 675 241 28 Mar 2004   India investigate this query
India in Pakistan Test Series, 2003/04
India 3 2 1 0 0 2.000 30.87 3.26 6 393 112 12 Aug 2015   India investigate this query
India in Sri Lanka Test Series, 2015

All 3 match test series where we have won it 2-1.

Series won after losing first test: 2

2001 series against Aus

2015 series against SL

Series won after losing first test away from home: 1

2015 series against SL

Number of times Indian team won 2 matches overseas: 5

NZ 1968

Aus 1977

Eng 1986

Zim 2005

WI 2016

It will take great effort to save series from this point.

If India wins this, this will surpass 2001 victory.

Game on I say . Trust me saffie batters will be shitting themselves if another seamers track facing our boys . They batted best they could as it’s their home conditions 

meanwhile our batsman will improve considerably from the run out 

I expect big knock from kohli . Then over to you faf . 

Bring on Saturday . This is it . It’s war 

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

We defeated Australia on a fast and bouncy Dharamsala track in 2017  and defeated NZ on an up-and-down green seaming track at Kolkata in late 2016.  Both pitches were closer to the home tracks of Aus / NZ.

This gives me hope regarding this test team playing outside Asia.

Bouncy tracks of Aus/Sa are not same as Indian bouncy wickets...by that account Vinay Kumar should be the first name on the team sheet when we tour Eng and Nz...as a big follower of the game I am sure you have seen him bowl on green tracks at home.

our players have no problem with true bounce but on these pitches there is usually a lateral movement as well. Let Philander play on a bouncy surface in Mohali or Mumbai,he will get smacked around like a part timer but on a bouncy South African surface he is as effective as Morkel.

the zip off the pitch matters too and there will be a lot more of that in South Africa.

I get your point though pitches in Dharamshala was the closest we got to an overseas pitch in recent times.both against Aus and in the recent Srilankan odi game.

The only reason to have this kind of a bravado is if you have a bank balance like bill gates or the looks of Brad Pitt or a n18 inch 

Oh I forgot it’s an online forum 

I mean cmon guys it’s good to cheer the team if we find ourselves in the situation like we did in the first test within a shot but where is this bravado and confidence coming from...there are a lot of problems with the team....catching and batting the obvious glaring ones but even the much improved bowling has not shown the consistency...fantastic one day and mediocre the next like we saw in the first test itself.

16 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Game on I say . Trust me saffie batters will be shitting themselves if another seamers track facing our boys . They batted best they could as it’s their home conditions 

meanwhile our batsman will improve considerably from the run out 

I expect big knock from kohli . Then over to you faf . 

Bring on Saturday . This is it . It’s war 

:fear1:

37 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Agree 

bcci you mofos

bur due to awful prep . India has considerable scope to improve ?

But is it very very poor preparations or just another case of not being able to play outside Asia ?

My money on both and lose series 2-1

13 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I feel India is winning it. Our batting is going to click I am sure but not all of them will come to the party yet but we should post 350 after batting first and then bowl them out for around 240ish and take a 100 plus lead and will add 250ish and give them a target of 350ish and wll win by 160 some runs.

Chalo aa Gaya Tics Arsenic leke... :facepalm:

7 hours ago, maniac said:

Bouncy tracks of Aus/Sa are not same as Indian bouncy wickets...by that account Vinay Kumar should be the first name on the team sheet when we tour Eng and Nz...as a big follower of the game I am sure you have seen him bowl on green tracks at home.

Vinay Kumar never ran through international teams on Indian green tracks.  There is a huge difference between standard Ranji batters and international batters.

our players have no problem with true bounce but on these pitches there is usually a lateral movement as well. Let Philander play on a bouncy surface in Mohali or Mumbai,he will get smacked around like a part timer but on a bouncy South African surface he is as effective as Morkel.

SA batters had huge problems with movement and bounce too.   Reduced to 12 for 3 when ball was moving in the first innings and dismissed for 130 on a seaming pitch in the 2nd innings.

Also, look at the seam movement and zip of the Kolkata 2016 test pitch against NZ, which we won

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/2693/india-vs-nz-2016-2nd-test-day-2-bhuvneshwar-kumars-533

the zip off the pitch matters too and there will be a lot more of that in South Africa.

Look at the zip and bounce on the Dharamsala 2017 test pitch in the video below .....  no less than bouncy SA and Australian tracks .

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/4553/bouncers-served-hot-courtesy-umesh-yadav-bhuvneshwar-kumar

I get your point though pitches in Dharamshala was the closest we got to an overseas pitch in recent times.both against Aus and in the recent Srilankan odi game.

3 such test match pitches .....  Kolkata 2016 against NZ, Dharamsala 2017 against Australia and   Kolkata 2017 against SL. ( not considering the SL test due to the Asian opposition not used to such a pitch  )

By the looks of it, our maximum run scoring capacity in flat pitches is about 350, as I don't see anyone scoring double hundreds and helping the team to 500+. So if we get a flat pitch, we are doomed as SA can easily plunder to 550+. So I hope for another juicy bowler friendly wickets and we might do a Jo'berg 2006 or Durban 2010 encore. 

1 minute ago, Sonix768 said:

By the looks of it, our maximum run scoring capacity in flat pitches is about 350, as I don't see anyone scoring double hundreds and helping the team to 500+. So if we get a flat pitch, we are doomed as SA can easily plunder to 550+. So I hope for another juicy bowler friendly wickets and we might do a Jo'berg 2006 or Durban 2010 encore. 

Also the south African fast bowlers will be licking their lips.