Team management rejected BCCI's idea to send Test regulars early to acclimatise, claims report

9 minutes ago, Silva said:

No it doesnt. Bcci gave players the options to skip the odis and t20s. Giving an option isnt the same as a suggestion. If bcci wanted players to be in SA early they shouldnt have picked the players and sent them to SA instead. They didnt and are now deflecting the blame if news is true. 

"BCCI officials, and the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA), had reportedly asked the team management if they wanted to send India's core Test players to South Africa ahead of schedule, even at the expense of the limited-overs’ series against Sri Lanka which preceded the tour. The proposal was declined by the team management, according to a report published in The Indian Express."

It is very clear to most of us, you can read whatever you want. The bottomline is Kohli cancelled even the one practise game we had and opted for indoor nets instead. End of the day even when BCCI schedules something the captain can cancel or go against it if he wishes. We can maybe blame the BCCI for giving that much power to captain, which I accept.

1 hour ago, Prince_ said:

Indian fans will soon realise that what a great captain Ms Dhoni really was. He won wc and CT for India in limited overs cricket  and drew against the unstoppable saffers in tests whereas kohli began his captaincy career by getting humiliated against the arch rivals in a major tournament final. No comparison. :facepalm: 

LOL lol 

26169800_1648837851850866_6571341433095106719_n.jpg

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

"BCCI officials, and the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA), had reportedly asked the team management if they wanted to send India's core Test players to South Africa ahead of schedule, even at the expense of the limited-overs’ series against Sri Lanka which preceded the tour. The proposal was declined by the team management, according to a report published in The Indian Express."

It is very clear to most of us, you can read whatever you want. The bottomline is Kohli cancelled even the one practise game we had and opted for indoor nets instead. End of the day even when BCCI schedules something the captain can cancel or go against it if he wishes. We can maybe blame the BCCI for giving that much power to captain, which I accept.

Fair enough but why would it even matter to kohli if players skipped the limited overs games vs lanka?  Bash kohli for picking rohit and dhawan, but this seems like a witch hunt conveniently put out after the public is upset after bad loss. 

11 minutes ago, Silva said:

Yes because kohli demanded the players not go to SA so thet can go to his wedding instead.

Wtf is going on in this forum. 

He doesn't need to demand.

That is the bad part.

When people are selected on the basis of friendships and other reasons , then people are insecure about their places.

When performance is not the main criteria, then people have to cover other bases.

19 minutes ago, Silva said:

Bash kohli for picking rohit and dhawan, but this seems like a witch hunt conveniently put out after the public is upset after

There is no witchhunt.

Most people are upset about the lack of preparedness of the batsmen. Now the bcci has also confirmed that it was the management decision to not go early and not the bcci.

How often does the bcci feel the need to clear the difference of opinion between them and the team management in public ?

I have never heard of the bcci having to defend itself like this .Atleast I can't recollect this happening in recent times.

It just means that management is responsible for the lack of practice . Management here is mostly Kohli . So who else to blame? 

Edited by beetle
4 minutes ago, beetle said:

He doesn't need to demand.

That is the bad part.

When people are selected on the basis of friendships and other reasons , then people are insecure about their places.

When performance is not the main criteria, then people have to cover other bases.

Fair enough, agree to disagree. 

Personal i think that kohli does select players based on who he thinks will do better.  He may be subconsiously biased towards his friends but thats part of human nature which is why captains shouldnt have too much power but thats just the way indian cricket has been run. 

9 minutes ago, Silva said:

Fair enough, agree to disagree. 

Personal i think that kohli does select players based on who he thinks will do better.  He may be subconsiously biased towards his friends but thats part of human nature which is why captains shouldnt have too much power but thats just the way indian cricket has been run. 

I feel he has no problem being biased towards his friends and unfair towards the others...as long as he gets to win. 

I don't think he will hesitate to throw the friends under the bus if he loses a few times..

He will get the ones he needs to win in tough conditions..only to dump them for his friends when the conditions are easier.

Edited by beetle
6 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

And the blame game begins.

If this were true, why on earth did Kohli start blaming the BCCI for not giving them enough match practice? Insecurity?

Anyways, IPL will happen in two months and all else will be forgotten.

Yes. Kohli was angry about only having a 9 day gap between SA and Sl series and said they needed a month to prepare for SA and set up a proper camp. This story could have been leaked by bcci because they expect kohli to complain about it again after the series is over.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

What is worse?

A) Captain who is inept but tries hard

B) Captain who is capable but dont bother.

Can you guess which Indian captain falls in A and B category? And which one you would choose?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

To answer your question- dhoni along with being incompetent didn't even care about the format lol ,forget about trying hard 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

This is precisely the reason why the legend Anil Kumble was sacked, I have had enough with this brat and his starry tantrums, we need another captain and another coach.

But we are scoring so high on you tests no? After all Olympic level fitness is more important than working on batting technique.

Edited by MechEng
6 minutes ago, MechEng said:

But we are scoring so high on you tests no? After all Olympic level fitness is more important than working on batting technique.

Absolutely. Match me 10-12 catch chore to kya, humaare bhaiyon ka yo yo score kya mast hai yaar. 

29 minutes ago, Silva said:

Yes. Kohli was angry about only having a 9 day gap between SA and Sl series and said they needed a month to prepare for SA and set up a proper camp. This story could have been leaked by bcci because they expect kohli to complain about it again after the series is over.

There was a much longer gap between end of SL Test series and start of SA..

BCCI report says they wanted to send the "Test" players who wouldn't play ODI / T20. That would include Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Virat, Rahane, Ashwin, Saha and a few others

This is basically our Test batting line up - none of whom played ODIs against SL.