Why don’t teams pick an 11 they think will win the game ?

Vk1

17 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

They need a phaast bowler. Too many trundlers. Who's their fastest bowler who can play tests? Mark wood?

It's rainy and cold in England throughout the year, not an encouraging environment for fast bowlers. You'll get more fast bowlers from people running in open spaces under warm sun than folks doing weights in the gym.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:01 AM, Straight Drive said:

What you are referring to is 1996 tour which was bad. The partnership which I mentioned was during 1992 tour. Seems there is some confusion.

It was  the best partnership I saw from our batsmen in South Africa.

Sachin Azhar Partnership was in 1996

On Sunday, January 07, 2018 at 2:29 AM, Vk1 said:

I think it's time that we make sense into how we select batting squads for overseas. Other  teams sometimes tend to pick players who use their feet and play spin well when coming to subcontinent. Why don't we do the same when going to white lands.  

It's  typical for white men to bring below average spinners to subcontinent expecting turners and these guys do well too at times. The aussie leftie against us in Pune. 

We pick tall muscular guys to get some bounce like vrv Singh.

Now, we all could foretell Dhawan and rohits inability on these pitches. Even Kohli is not sure on such pitches.

Now how do we know who plays swing and bounce well? What yardsticks to test this. Should we specifically play few matches every year in Dharmshala or Eden gardens and check?  

With all the money in the game, can't we do it more professionally ? Bring soil or drop in pitches  etc.. all this will encourage bowlers too.

White lands .....White men?

3 hours ago, eternalhope said:

I have been reading your posts for a while and I understand why they call you a bot now. I have no time for enlightening u and anyway I see many have tried and failed. If u have played at any decent level u would have understood anyway.

So you are making a assumption that you know more than someone else.

Best solution is to scedule short test/ practise series in places like Zimbabwe or even ireland before big tour rather than a home series vs sl. You can make indian pitches seam but not make them as pacy as SA pitches. Im sure if they played a test serids in zimbabwe.  If they played in zim rather than in india pandya would not have been rested so rohit wouldnt have played. And im certain dhawan wouldnt have outscored lokesh. 

You maybe thinking well they do . But they don’t 

nasser Hussain made good point. In football managers cjange team frequently to win a certain game and use certain tactics . No qualms picking different teams for away and according to oppo .

here in crixket there is this must get run of games . He has done well so does not deserve to be dropped it’s not fair blah blah 

look at india for example .

saha quality Glovework . At home spinning tracks need this . Away from home it’s simple catches standing back more important to strengthen batting . So home pick Saha , away patel .

rahane poor v spin . Don’t pick him at home . Pick him away we’re thrives 

Dhawan and Rohit monsters on India tracks . Poor away . Pick them just at home 

Bk will suck in oz . But do well in sa and England . But will be picked in aus were on fiat tracks with kookaburra ball will struggle .

just a few examples . Too much be loyal to this player , he done well blah blah . In other sports none of this , ruthless use of resources to win , no qualms benching someone if felt helps team win

Unfortunately in tests, you need a settled team which can perform well in all conditions barring minor changes. You don't see chopping and changing of teams in any test playing nation. There should be a core set of players like Kohli, Vijay, Pujara, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Bumrah etc. around which 1 or 2 changes can be made based on the conditions. But as you said, we can't definitely say that Parthiv will be better than Saha in SA or that Bumrah will be better than Bhuvi in Australia.