[Video] How many times SA have come close to winning in India- Kohli

23 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Is our country so small and vulnerable, and our cricket setup so fragile that some random foreigner can actually insult the one and create disharmony in the other by using words?

The issue is something else, IMO. We've all watched this over and over again in various forms and at various times with various individuals, not just in cricket. 

Forget right or wrong, when a public personality like Kohli fights gracelessly against people who are not in his league, unka kuch nahin jaata, only Kohli gets hurt.  And as the Indian captain, he actually does his country and the setup no favours. 

Whether he is successful in creating disharmony is another matter; it's the intention that counts. The journalist went on to insult Indian cricket; Kohli was just meant to let him carry on? He's sending a message to the world on our behalf. Our country needs to move on from Mahatma gandhis pacifist philosophy of life. 

Edited by mancalledsting
21 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

I have referred to Dhoni as these performances have to be referenced in comparison to the crap that immediately preceded it.

His chop and change strategy is what will take us to the promised land...he's trying to sift out the men from the boys. What's he supposed to say to Pujara..."well done puttar, keep getting run out". He's looking for horses for courses, rather than sticking to 'tried and not so trusted'. His intention was right in trying to have attacking batsmen (rather than batsmen who just sit in their bunker), just execution was wrong. He's a young captain and learning, again as opposed a captain who was flopping continually 7 years into the job.

im hurt because Kohli was questioned? Do some research please before spouting crap....I criticised his team selection on the forum just yesterday FFS. Any journalist being rude and sarcastic to any Indian player, I'd never tolerate. Journalist has responsibility to ask question in a professional manner.

Lol young captain? wtf man

He has captained 35 test matches and played cricket for over 10 yrs so far, ffs. What was he doing in past 3 years if he is still considered a young captain? If he could not find a playing XI worthy enough to be selected twice in past 3 years, he should be called dumb and incompetent. Neither did he gave any youngsters a chance, nor did he give a consistent run to anyone except himself. So what exactly he is doing? 

Worst thing is he even drops the best player who has performed very well and dropped next test or series just because he runs on his whims and fancies and then you come here and defend that he is trying to sift out the men from the boys. lol Cmon man.

And the journalist started by asking the fair question as to why is he chopping and changing the XI constantly and why is their no consistency. He just could not accept his own mistake and started defending his moves and turned into counter questioning and argument. Again, Kohli only seems to like YES-MEN around him which is obvious from his behavior on and off the field. Great Batsman does not mean great captain or leader.

Less said about other rants he did in last match is better with regards to "intent" and "current form" and "horses for courses" bs. lol, he just dropped bhuvi in this match after almost a match winning performance. What crap. No honest person believes horses for courses nonsense that he and his PR is trying to portray.

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Lol young captain? wtf man

He has captained 35 test matches and played cricket for over 10 yrs so far, ffs. What was he doing in past 3 years if he is still considered a young captain? If he could not find a playing XI worthy enough to be selected twice in past 3 years, he should be called dumb and incompetent. Neither did he gave any youngsters a chance, nor did he give a consistent run to anyone except himself. So what exactly he is doing? 

Worst thing is he even drops the best player who has performed very well and dropped next test or series just because he runs on his whims and fancies and then you come here and defend that he is trying to sift out the men from the boys. lol Cmon man.

And the journalist started by asking the fair question as to why is he chopping and changing the XI constantly and why is their no consistency. He just could not accept his own mistake and started defending his moves and turned into counter questioning and argument. Again, Kohli only seems to like YES-MEN around him which is obvious from his behavior on and off the field. Great Batsman does not mean great captain or leader.

Less said about other rants he did in last match is better with regards to "intent" and "current form" and "horses for courses" bs. lol, he just dropped bhuvi in this match after almost a match winning performance. What crap. No honest person believes horses for courses nonsense that he and his PR is trying to portray.

3rd test match as captain in South Africa/NZ/Aus and Eng...is he an experienced captain for these conditions? You tell me

i believe KL Rahul, Jayant Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah and Karun Nair all made their test debuts under Kohli....and your saying he doesn't give chance to youngsters? 

How would Bhuvi have fared in this match? He's a very similar bowler to Philander. Philander won the match for South Africa last test and was ineffective on this wicket. Pretty good anticipation of you ask me. Especially considering the bowling unit performed well in this match and weren't the reason for our loss.

if backing players consistently is the secret to all ills of this world; why did we fail last time with the same lineup game after game touring overseas.

blame lies squarely with the batsmen...and that's symptomatic of a wider systemic issue within the BCCI ie modern day t20 diet 

15 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

How would Bhuvi have fared in this match? He's a very similar bowler to Philander. Philander won the match for South Africa last test and was ineffective on this wicket. Pretty good anticipation of you ask me. Especially considering the bowling unit performed well in this match and weren't the reason for our loss.

Ok looks like you have made up your mind. All these topics are done and dusted repeatedly since last few weeks, I see you defending Kohli for anything now. So I give up.

BTW Just dropping Bhuvi, Kohli should now drop himself in England series. Who do you think should captain our side there in your opinion now? It will be best anticipation if you ask me.

30 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Ok looks like you have made up your mind. All these topics are done and dusted repeatedly since last few weeks, I see you defending Kohli for anything now. So I give up.

BTW Just dropping Bhuvi, Kohli should now drop himself in England series. Who do you think should captain our side there in your opinion now? It will be best anticipation if you ask me.

it's quite obvious that Kohli is the only player currently capable of captaining the side. Rahane is good, but he doesn't merit a place in the side in T20s, ODIs and tests in India so as good as he is you can't have a one trick pony like that as captain. Who are your alternatives: 

Vijay? ...near retirement 

KL Rahul...still rookie

Chepu....that'll sure improve our running between wickets 

The (S)Hitman?

Ashwin...that'll sure send the message of peak fitness across India cricket

Shami? sleeps first innings awaken second innings 

Ishant?

tell me who?

21 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

it's quite obvious that Kohli is the only player currently capable of captaining the side. Rahane is good, but he doesn't merit a place in the side in T20s, ODIs and tests in India so as good as he is you can't have a one trick pony like that as captain. Who are your alternatives: 

Vijay? ...near retirement 

KL Rahul...still rookie

Chepu....that'll sure improve our running between wickets 

The (S)Hitman?

Ashwin...that'll sure send the message of peak fitness across India cricket

Shami? sleeps first innings awaken second innings 

Ishant?

tell me who?

Rahane or Ashwin can take over in Tests. Rohit in ODIs and T20s.

7 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

Anyone remember @Gollum prediction in 2015 that Kohli era will be one of the darkest chapters in our history.

I didnt believe it then but looks like he was right.

Blame Dhoni all you want but he never *ed up team selection like this.

And this press conference...my god this guy is an A grade loser.

Pretender.

Kohli is compared to sachin before.. Being a sachin chamcha he is.. He is taking every opportunity to take a dig at kohli.. That's not the first time he said something like that...

Whereas KT goes.. Open a sachin vs Kohli odi thread his true colours ll come out. He is no kohli fan :cantstop: 

I like kohli reaction . Was great 

the loss hurt . He took heat of players performances by this press conference . Make it them v us .

Kohli is the Morounihio of cricket . Rallying the troops . Of course this will only work form 2 season like it does for Jose . 

This brilliant press Conference means we win 3rd test . 

No backward step by kohli . Just keep going lads :giggle: