The Kohli-Kumble fiasco started even before Kumble started as Coach

19 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Could be worse boys , you could have a nickname called Tattie and be on an Indian forum :aha:

I had a Chinese by the name of Faqing in my MBA class. He was smart enough to come up with a English name (Many Chinese / Koreans do that as their names are hard to pronounce) for    his new acquittances (even out of respect) .... Why would you be persisting with yours? 

1 minute ago, zen said:

I had a Chinese by the name of Faqing in my MBA class. He was smart enough to come up with a English name (Many Chinese / Koreans do that as their names are hard to pronounce) for    his new acquittances (even out of respect) .... Why would you be persisting with yours? 

Because in my country it  means something completely different and has been my nickname since I was aged 8 and that was many years ago :biggrin:

Also it gives Indians something to laugh at and think it bothers me when they tease me :aha:

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Because in my country it  means something completely different and has been my nickname since I was aged 8 and that was many years ago :biggrin:

Also it gives Indians something to laugh at and think it bothers me when they tease me :aha:

The point was that what it means in your country is irrelevant when you are on ICF :wink:

Imagine someone posting on some forum as an equivalent of vaginagirl for eg and sporting it proudly there. It may not impact vaginagirl but it would display a low EQ :rotfl:

1 minute ago, zen said:

The point was that what it means in your country is irrelevant when you are on ICF :wink:

Imagine someone posting on some forum as an equivalent of vaginagirl for eg and sporting it proudly there. It may not impact vaginagirl but it would display a low EQ :rotfl:

Never even been mentioned in all the years I played with and against Indians so not sure why it upsets you . 

so much 

It's also IQ so looks like mine is higher than yours :aha:

2 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Never even been mentioned in all the years I played with and against Indians so not sure why it upsets you . 

so much 

It's also IQ so looks like mine is higher than yours :aha:

That shows Indians are nice enough

Not competing with you or anyone on IQ levels. Though you must be smart to be able to evaluate IQ levels of others in such a short time :p:

Continue to tatie around 

On 1/19/2018 at 5:03 PM, Forever Indian said:

Just having a look back at what happened with the Kohli- Kumble fiasco, it is clear that Kohli did not want Kumble even before he started as Coach. Have a look at these reports from the horses mouth:

Shirke, who was part of the coach selection process last year,  told The Indian Express: “There had been some murmurs about this (Kumble-Kohli rift) even at the time of Mr Kumble’s appointment. At that time, our president (Anurag Thakur) had taken the initiative and had a detailed discussion with both parties, and it was decided that since the cricket committee (CAC) had recommended Mr Kumble as the best option, we should go ahead with that. Therefore, I think the real reason for a one-year contract was that we would work and evolve, and see how this went, so as to keep the options open at a future date.”

Let us say he (Kohli) had his own views about it. And like I said, our president, Mr Thakur, took the initiative and told him that this was the unanimous choice of the cricket committee and we would have to abide by their recommendation and Kohli should accept it,” Shirke said.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/virat-kohli-had-questions-on-anil-kumble-says-ex-secy-ajay-shirke-4685173/

We also had the case of Mr Shastri interviewing from Bangkok and then when he did not get the job was mouthing off in media as if he was entitled to be the Indian Coach. It was as if someone had promised him the role and he was pissed off as it didn't come through, and then he attacked Ganguly with personal remarks on media, and this is what Ganguly said:

Ganguly said, “I have some advice for Shastri also—that you know when the coach of India is selected, it’s one of the most important jobs in cricket, you should be in front of the committee giving your presentation and not sit in Bangkok on a holiday and make a presentation on camera. Especially when one of the greatest cricketers of India of all time spoke for two hours nearly—Anil Kumble. So that’s my advice to him. I’m hurt because of the personal attack, which was not required. If he’s talking about respect, he should have been here as well.”

http://www.livemint.com/Consumer/CjJTNcl7vPsDmOUD3Jbr3H/The-spat-dividing-Indian-cricketSourav-Ganguly-vs-Ravi-Shas.html

Who in their right mind would have done an Indian team Coach interview over Skype, unless he is not interested in the job or has been said the interview was just a formality to get him the job?

Linking the two together it was clear that Kohli wanted Shastri only at coach and hence was unhappy with Kumble's appointment. As far as I remember Kumble was the only coach who as given a One year tenure, previous coaches had a minimum of two years tenure.

So Kohli later on saying that the team was not comfortable with Kumble's style is all Pure BS. It was pre-planned that Kumble should be ousted after his one year tenure.

Champions Trophy final took place on 18th June, and this report from 8th June (10 days before the Final) clearly shows that Kphli had planned for all this even before the Champions Trophy started:

"It is emerging that before the team left for England on May 23, Kohli had mentioned to both Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman - two of the three-member cricket advisory committee - to consider Shastri's candidature. The Indian captain also requested both the former stars to invite Shastri for the interview process."

https://www.indiatimes.com/sports/virat-kohli-wanted-ravi-shastri-to-be-india-s-new-coach-before-they-left-for-the-champions-trophy-323397.html

It is very clear to me that it was not Kumble's skills or man management that lost him the Coach job, but rather another one of Kohli's nepotism.

Reaping rewards of skype rounds, this Indian team.

Kohli is an amazing batsman but seems incapable of cool, objective thinking. He was fixed on ousting Kumble and didn't budge from this stance despite the team getting very good results. He doesn't seem like a person who listens to an opposing view with an open mind. He is adamant and will continue making wrong choices like dropping match winners such as Kuldeep and good players like Rahul. He knows these type of decisions will be questioned by the media and fans, so he does these things as if to prove a point. 

If the old BCCI guard was at the helm, minus Srini, I wonder if Kohli would've gotten away with sacking a coach as respected as Kumble!

16 minutes ago, nevada said:

Kohli is an amazing batsman but seems incapable of cool, objective thinking. He was fixed on ousting Kumble and didn't budge from this stance despite the team getting very good results. He doesn't seem like a person who listens to an opposing view with an open mind. He is adamant and will continue making wrong choices like dropping match winners such as Kuldeep and good players like Rahul. He knows these type of decisions will be questioned by the media and fans, so he does these things as if to prove a point. 

You also have to wonder if Kohli decided to bowl first in the CT final, just to prove a point?