Khaleel Ahmed

rkt.india

On 11/7/2019 at 11:19 AM, express bowling said:

Exactly  !

Too many " slower balls " means that they stop being slower balls and just become predictable slow balls.

he only bowls two types of balls these days: slow balls and slower balls. I heard that he is working on the "slowest" ball now. somewhere in the vicinity of 80 km/hr.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:26 AM, rkt.india said:

Guy is just 22, has all the potential, just need right guidance.

For some reason i feel the same. Yes he has looked awful, given away runs but if you see his good deliveries few were unplayable. Few yrs from now he will come back strong. 

Talent is very much there but im not understanding what happens to his bowling in international cricket. The zip, pace goes missing....i can understand quality of batsman is diff but a bowlers zip going missing is a diff case. He didnt look great last when debut but as soon as he started playing IPL his bowling quality started looking great again.

Someone shud really put his videos in comparison to see the diff. One thing i feel is he is doesnt try to hit the deck hard in international cricket and doesnt use his full body . May be its been told to him to try to swing the ball so he tries to release the ball in air rather hitting the deck . Is it the pressure from TM that they need a left armer to bring the ball back in which is forcing him to bowl diff length and trying to release the ball in air. 

@express bowling what do u think is the reason that this guy looks diff while playing for India as compare to domestic ??

Also one more thing i noticed when he bowls full he isnt as quick as he is back of or short length. His runup here has more intent and he is using more body as he wants to hit the deck hard n bowl fast. 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Talent is very much there but im not understanding what happens to his bowling in international cricket. The zip, pace goes missing....i can understand quality of batsman is diff but a bowlers zip going missing is a diff case. He didnt look great last when debut but as soon as he started playing IPL his bowling quality started looking great again.

Someone shud really put his videos in comparison to see the diff. One thing i feel is he is doesnt try to hit the deck hard in international cricket and doesnt use his full body . May be its been told to him to try to swing the ball so he tries to release the ball in air rather hitting the deck . Is it the pressure from TM that they need a left armer to bring the ball back in which is forcing him to bowl diff length and trying to release the ball in air. 

@express bowling what do u think is the reason that this guy looks diff while playing for India as compare to domestic ??

Also one more thing i noticed when he bowls full he isnt as quick as he is back of or short length. His runup here has more intent and he is using more body as he wants to hit the deck hard n bowl fast. 

Last game, his fuller balls were quicker than shorter balls 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In recent times, Khalerl hasn't bowled flat out in domestic cricket either.  He was at his quickest in the earlier part of 2018. 

Moreover, in international cricket, he goes for too many variations. In a spell, you would often fail to see any stock ball being bowled. I think this attempt messes up his rhythm.

Khaleel needs to keep things simple and use variation deliveries as surprise deliveries only. And bowl flat out while trying to hit good areas.

His fuller deliveries were quite quick yesterday and that is a goid sign. But he needs to bowl that quick good length off stump ball atleast 4 times an over ...  unless it is the slog overs when he needs to try 3 or 4 goid quick yorkers every over  (  he bowls it well )

Nobody can teach you bowl at lively pace,if you can do it

Khaleel unfortunately hasn't tried once after last asia cup,maybe he is thinking about his place in the team

There can be n number of reasons for his this approach,one of them can be he is not fit,but i have seen him bowl his all 4 overs at express in SMA trophy early last year, can't digest he is trundling most of the times these days

He looked best when he used his natural ability,maybe he's thinking too much about bringing the ball back to right handers and wrist position and all ,just hope he sorts out his rythem and gets back to bowling at pace(im sure he has brains to combine it with line and length)

On 11/10/2019 at 12:49 AM, Suhaan said:

Nobody can teach you bowl at lively pace,if you can do it

Khaleel unfortunately hasn't tried once after last asia cup,maybe he is thinking about his place in the team

There can be n number of reasons for his this approach,one of them can be he is not fit,but i have seen him bowl his all 4 overs at express in SMA trophy early last year, can't digest he is trundling most of the times these days

He looked best when he used his natural ability,maybe he's thinking too much about bringing the ball back to right handers and wrist position and all ,just hope he sorts out his rythem and gets back to bowling at pace(im sure he has brains to combine it with line and length)

He is not express by any means, he maybe lively on his best day.But he does not have any other skills like swing.Akram was fast but what made him great was his swing.Unless this guy learns how to swing the ball , I don't think he will last long in international cricket.

If some Tom Dick or Harry can't see what this kid has potentially they don't understand then, young kid, left arrmer, has touched 150 at young age, great action, get bounce, swing is good but even seam works, I could be a slower swing or faster reverse swing bowled or not the deck seam bowler.

what he needs is guidance, some one of Shoaib's mentality and youngsters should not be groomed with t20 but test of kid cricket, he has the potential to be far better then Zaheer, 

The big question is is he going to sustain bowling at those speeds/ hitting the deck or will he revert back to bowling excessive slow balls.

Also, he needs to get consistent rhythm wise. There's too much variation at the moment and looks raw. Best to keep things simple at this stage.

Just focus on getting fitter and hitting the deck hard in good areas. And a single type of slow ball that is used judiciously.    

22 minutes ago, MK55 said:

The big question is is he going to sustain bowling at those speeds/ hitting the deck or will he revert back to bowling excessive slow balls.

Also, he needs to get consistent rhythm wise. There's too much variation at the moment and looks raw. Best to keep things simple at this stage.

Just focus on getting fitter and hitting the deck hard in good areas. And a single type of slow ball that is used judiciously.    

He was trying to become combination of mustafizur and Bhuvi too quickly. Needs to focus on his strength that is pace.