Does Rohit have what it takes to open overseas against quality pace attacks?

Rohit opening in ODIs overseas?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Rohit opening in ODIs overseas?

• Rohit is a very competent opener (in the context mentioned)
    • He's not ideal, but we don't have suitable alternatives
    • He's not good enough, find a new opener

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Not the same ...apples to oranges....Rohit played in the middle order for 4 years, stop trying to con people...can you pull the odi stats for both as openers?

good try though 

good try by you actually. crux of your point was that Dhawan had two moments under the sun. Never realised average of 44 and SR of 92 across nearly 100 ODIs equated to two moments under the sun. Rohit plays for his average by aiming for high personal scores, even if it comes at expense of the team, Dhawan plays to win the game for India. 

this is a non Sensical topic.

we are all haters of rohit in tests and I completely agree that he is definitely not a test batsman.

even outside of india in ODI, normally the pitches are a bit flattish or dont support Swing and Pace too much.

Just Notice BHuvi was a FLop in the first ODI and was even hit for three 4's by FAF on continuous deliveries.

Rohit sharma is world's best Opener for ODI, he has challenges when the Pitch is Green, everyone has , not just him, even pujara and rahane have issue's but they may be able to manage a little.

rohit and shikhar both are cool openers for ODI and KLRAHUL should also be played often as an opener and 2 out of these 3 should be rotated.

at no 4 Shreyas Iyer is the best and not Rahane. i would say even Manish is better than rahane.

Shreyas Iyer and Manish may not have such a great technique as Rahane but both of them have them the POWER HITTING capability  which are required in an ODI player , specially some one who is at no 4 as he may play till 50th over many times.

So from my point of view Shreyas IYER is the ideal no 4 and Manish Pandey is the Back UP no 4 and Rahane should not be played in ODI.

7 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

good try by you actually. crux of your point was that Dhawan had two moments under the sun. Never realised average of 44 and SR of 92 across nearly 100 ODIs equated to two moments under the sun. Rohit plays for his average by aiming for high personal scores, even if it comes at expense of the team, Dhawan plays to win the game for India. 

Thanks for refreshing memories of some good times, there used to be a similar argument among fans of 2 now retired(one of them still doubtful) players from 2 neighboring countries in the past.

My friend / club mate was his coach at one point of time. He said to me that head of Rohit , like Rahul Dravid, falls early at start of his innings and hence is prone to LBW decisions. But it was more than a decade back. He shared a lot of good things as well as things that Rohit could work upon.  

Edited by Straight Drive
6 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Rohit has always been someone who would bash average bowling attacks on less helpful ODI decks and struggle against half decent bowlers. What's new here? It's not for nothing that his career skyrocketed only after the 2 new ball rule. Will cost us heavily at the World Cup.

Eng pitches are very flat these days. Should not be too much of an issue. we should be more worried about whether our players do well in KO matches, or do a CT 2017 again.