MS Dhoni’s strike rate a big concern, says Krishnamachari Srikkanth

saik

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Except for the part where after Sachin was the highest score in the world cup, he only played 11 Odis out of 30 till the day of his retirement.  We had loads of matches to give others a chance. He even used to pick and choose series before the world cup. Tests are a different story. Can't  argue that he didn't overstay. And here we have dhoni who doesn't even have the decency to stop playing t20s where he undoubtedly one of our worst t20 players in history. Don't worry though he's gonna tonk a few boundaries against thisara perera in the all prestigious nidahas trophy and his chamchas will be waiving pom poms in the air.

I don't blame Dhoni for playing there is lot of money at stake in IPL, once he is out of the Indian team he will lose lot of his marketing ability.Selectors have to grow a pair and kick him out.

Other than Gavaskar who quit while on top I have not seen any Indian superstar give up so easily. 
Dhoni was done in T20s long long time back but he is hanging on to get his IPL money.I don't see any other reason for him to play T20s.

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Pretty much. Only included knocks where he played a reasonable number of balls to make a difference (which he did :cantstop:) .

Surely he cannot be the sole reason for the loss. 

Yes, it does looks like he wasted many balls in all of these matches so he is one of the culprits without any doubts.

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

The funny thing is he plays much better for csk or at least used to play much better when meyeppan was around. Maybe he was motivated by meyeppan. He also looked more enthusiastic playing for chuskis than playing for India :dontknow:

there we go the real reason comes out from the other scum floating around...:wp3:..  

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I know he has been pathetic as a lower mid hitter but he still has better strikerate than Rohit and Rahane in completed games an thir best strikerate amoung all top/middle order for India. He is batting like a keeper of old basically. I think this is an over reaction. 

He is not willing to play at no 4 , never was willing to do it. He needs to judged based on his SR for lower middle order and not top 4.

Rahane stinks but Rohit is different as he along with Kohli and Dhawan are the only players who are keeping this batting line up relevant

His SR is not acceptable for the lower middle order.

Edited by putrevus
6 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Surely he cannot be the sole reason for the loss. 

Yes, it does looks like he wasted many balls in all of these matches so he is one of the culprits without any doubts.

Well, if not the sole reason, he's the major/biggest reason for the losses in the games mentioned. You may not agree with that which is fine.

Edited by Jimmy Cliff
1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

That's some rubbish list lol.. Look at one first one..Gambo who has 76SR.. Apparently its not his fault but someone is responsible.. I saw first one and I knew how rubbish that's going to be.. :cantstop: Didn't even bother checking rest of them..

He played badly in those games, but saying we lost match because of him is OTT and the proposition of Dhoni is the reason for our loss itself is nitpicking. Yes he has played bad games in his career, also his SR is not very good in recent year, but too much nitpicking can show anyone in bad light if wanted.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

He is not willing to play at no 4 , never was willing to do it. He needs to judged based on his SR for lower middle order and not top 4.

Rahane stinks but Rohit is different as he along with Kohli and Dhawan are the only players who are keeping this batting line up relevant

His SR is not acceptable for the lower middle order.

then he needs to move up the order that should be the ask. The point is he is doing a decent wk bat actually so should be judged based on that than some 'he plays for CSK and not some other Indian franchise' emotion basically. Anyway its till he gets the 10k or since its Dhoni till he gets 9997 or something, he might probably walk out.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

then he needs to move up the order that should be the ask. The point is he is doing a decent wk bat actually so should be judged based on that than some 'he plays for CSK and not some other Indian franchise' emotion basically. Anyway its till he gets the 10k or since its Dhoni till he gets 9997 or something, he might probably walk out.

He didn't move when he had a chance to be relevant for last world cup what is point in moving him up now. He had every chance to do it since 2013 overseas leg instead he tried to move Kohli down to no 4.He is just unable to even rotate strike and will clogg up in the middle and ruin Kohli's flow.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

For the sake of Indian cricket, I hope he is exposed this ipl.I never say this for anyone because I feel ipl is just fun cricket and hope even the pks and munaf patels do good...

Don’t worry. He’ll have one good match where he’ll hit Axar or Vinay kumar for a couple of sixes and have media going ga ga over him again.

13 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Don’t worry. He’ll have one good match where he’ll hit Axar or Vinay kumar for a couple of sixes and have media going ga ga over him again.

most of the gun odi bats ( irrespective of their type either tech greats or hand to eye hitters) had a nice second wind in IPL trashing the second rung, hayden gilly kallis smith sehwag list is endless. Dhoni would be no different, he has declined from ODI international level but will probably cut if at IPL for a couple of seasons, his settling down with CSK has mark of a man who is looking at a swansong retirement there too.

55 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Is he going to hide behind Ashwin and jadeja again next time he faces the IPL champions? :p:

I know Ashwin isn't there anymore. Acha Tahir Bhai is there. He will promote Tahir before him when the game is on the line and his chamchas will shout Aman ki asha crap :giggle:

14 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Is he going to hide behind Ashwin and jadeja again next time he faces the IPL champions? :p:

I know Ashwin isn't there anymore. Acha Tahir Bhai is there. He will promote Tahir before him when the game is on the line and his chamchas will shout Aman ki asha crap :giggle:

is sachin still your mentor ? :giggle: 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

most of the gun odi bats ( irrespective of their type either tech greats or hand to eye hitters) had a nice second wind in IPL trashing the second rung, hayden gilly kallis smith sehwag list is endless. Dhoni would be no different, he has declined from ODI international level but will probably cut if at IPL for a couple of seasons, his settling down with CSK has mark of a man who is looking at a swansong retirement there too.

I don't mind him playing IPL for 2 more years, but pls spare Indian cricket. He is way past his best and anyone can do a better job than Dhoni is doing in LoIs. Honestly, I don't even mind Dinesh Karthik as the keeper in ODIs, if Dhoni is the only other alternative.

I can't believe he doesn't want to even stop playing even T20Is against minnows.

I thought Sachin was selfish chasing the 100th ton.. Dhoni has taken it two notches higher.

At least in Sachin's case he was clearly after something. Dhoni's case, I fail to understand what he is after.

It's time for Samson/Pant/Kishan in LoIs.. Let's start with T20s.

Edited by bowl_out