Anything less than 2019 World cup is not acceptable

Singh bling

One player can’t win you every time. Reality is that our bowlers have to step up also in the ICC tournament playoffs like they did in 2011.

Onus is also on guys like Bumrah, Chahal or Kuldeep or Bhuvi and whoever is in the line up to perfom together.

Bumrah has bowled well but has been guilty of bowling no ball in crucial situation. We need to watch out for those things and need to work hard that we don’t make such silly errors in the future, especially in the icc tournaments.

its going to need a collective effort. If one of the big guys like Bumrah or Kohli fail, we need to ensure the other players like Bhuvi or Rohit or Dhawan or Dhoni, all of whom are sure to be in the squad for the world cup, are putting their hand up and taking the responsibility to perform when their fellow team mate has failed.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

That aus team was on diff level, we certainely arent their at all

As i said one player cnt win u the cup, coz if he has an off in final or crunch game we r out 

1999 team barely escaped elimination ,2015 team was also not invincible .

At present we have one of the most solid odi team , If we cannot expect them to win then when should expect Indian team to win??

2 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

1999 team barely escaped elimination ,2015 team was also not invincible .

At present we have one of the most solid odi team , If we cannot expect them to win then when should expect Indian team to win??

Keep ur expectation low 

in a big tournament anything can happen on the day 

We have many issues with the team which can be exploited on any day and that happened in Ct to, can happen

Again dnt have such big expectation u might end up heart broken

14 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Well as long as we give ourselves the best shot by picking the best available squad, I am happy. What would be unacceptable is if we continue to carry multiple passengers/has beens/never have beens. It took an almighty phainty in CT final for us to finally bring in wrist spinners in our ODI side and get rid of Yuvraj shortly after. I just hope we don't wait until another humiliation in the WC to finally realize our middle order is a shower of shite.

all signs are pointing that way: continued selection of Dhoni despite his clear decline, confusion about how and where to use pandya the batsman effectively, and then the musical chairs between jadhav, karthik, pandey and rahul.

18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

all signs are pointing that way: continued selection of Dhoni despite his clear decline, confusion about how and where to use pandya the batsman effectively, and then the musical chairs between jadhav, karthik, pandey and rahul.

No point expecting Dhoni to be dropped as the WC is too close now. Pandya will be there too. All I want is a decent no. 4 and 5 which means no Rahane and Karthik type picks. If by some miracle we can get Rahul to establish himself as a 4 and get a decent power hitter at 5 I'd be happy enough. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

No point expecting Dhoni to be dropped as the WC is too close now. Pandya will be there too. All I want is a decent no. 4 and 5 which means no Rahane and Karthik type picks. If by some miracle we can get Rahul to establish himself as a 4 and get a decent power hitter at 5 I'd be happy enough. 

No.5 will be tricky. As you noted, Rahul could occupy No.4. One other point is that the No.5 (or No.4) will need to be able to bowl 3-4 overs if needed. I don't think pandya will deliver 10 overs per match safely everytime. and even if he does, one of the others can have an off-day. It will be necessary to look at krunal, hooda, shankar for this purpose but I have my doubts regarding all of them. of the 3, since we need a batsman who can bowl a bit, I'd think that hooda seems the best bet (going by List A at least).

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

No.5 will be tricky. As you noted, Rahul could occupy No.4. One other point is that the No.5 (or No.4) will need to be able to bowl 3-4 overs if needed. I don't think pandya will deliver 10 overs per match safely everytime. and even if he does, one of the others can have an off-day. It will be necessary to look at krunal, hooda, shankar for this purpose but I have my doubts regarding all of them. of the 3, since we need a batsman who can bowl a bit, I'd think that hooda seems the best bet (going by List A at least).

Haven't seen enough of Hooda but 5 may be one spot too high for Krunal. Dreading a Raina recall in the ODIs :facepalm:.

We must remember the ideal number 4 would be who works well for our number 3. What I mean is that the ideal number 4 is someone who can help ease of pressure from Kohli and stick around with him instead of scoring quick fire 30 odd and throw it away and we are 3 down for 100 in no time. 

Kohli loves to bat with Rahane in test cricket and they have had good p’ships because he takes of pressure of him in test cricket. Similarly, he has had him in ODI’s too right after him and giving him one more run(he even mentioned that in press conference) since he feel such players can be ideal for the time.

As much as I like Rahul, I am not sure if he will be able to help Kohli at 4. He might play good 35 run knocm and keep his average higher than current Rahane’s average, but he will often thrown his wicket away as he doesn’t probabaly rotate as much. I feel Rahul is better suited for opening slot than number 4 and he can give us better start too, just that it sucks for him that we have Rohit and Shikhar for now. But overall India needs a better version of Rahane in odi’s which could be Manish Pandey may be, and If Rahane shows the form like he showed in India where he hit 7 50s then I am more than happy to have him at 4 and continue. 

We need to help Kohli out here and make sure there is less pressure on him to score runs everytime he comes.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Haven't seen enough of Hooda but 5 may be one spot too high for Krunal. Dreading a Raina recall in the ODIs :facepalm:.

I think other posters may disagree but I don't think either of pandya bros should bat at 5. Would rather see them at 6 and 7, if they play. In contrast, in domestic cricket (both FC and List A), Hooda and Shankar are at least top-order bats who have experience playing at 4 or 5. However, neither of them can bowl particularly well - they should suffice as the 6th bowler in principle.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Can you find someone remotely like him? Otherwise forget about it.

It's worth noting here that Yuvi took many, many years before he produced knocks like these on a regular basis - for the first 5 yrs or so, he played occasional classy knocks (like his debut or Natwest final) but was a big underachiever. In fact, his avg and SR were most likely lower than Hardik Pandya at the same stage. Most lilkely, we are not going to unearth someone new who can come in and start striking the ball so well before 2019 WC since most cricketers need some time to settle. Dobby was an exception, but such batsmen are rare.

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

It's worth noting here that Yuvi took many, many years before he produced knocks like these on a regular basis - for the first 5 yrs or so, he played occasional classy knocks (like his debut or Natwest final) but was a big underachiever. In fact, his avg and SR were most likely lower than Hardik Pandya at the same stage. Most lilkely, we are not going to unearth someone new who can come in and start striking the ball so well before 2019 WC since most cricketers need some time to settle. Dobby was an exception, but such batsmen are rare.

Yes he was dropped twice. But anytime he clicked he was super effortless with his shots. Often he would touch ball would just fly of his bat. Once he is in no matter where you bowl he will murder you. You can contain someone like Dhoni by bowling wide outside off stump. Yuvraj is uncontainable. Raina brilliantly complemented him. We miss  guys like him there.

Pant, hardik, hooda, tripathi, vohra, players who are more t20 suites are generally going to be the ones who can get going earlier in their innings so these would be the guys you need to give experience in preparation for the next WC if you’re needing or wanting players that can hit earlier in their innings. Trick is to find the t20 batsmen who are capable of playing the longer innings so if they come in earlier they can still make a proper game of it.

i think 3-5 need to be versatile and need to be able to change gears almost at will at anytime so ideal guys for 3-5 would be kohli, Rahul and Gill. Vohra has potential but he’s not consistent enough, imo to bat higher up just yet.

16 minutes ago, gazza said:

Pant, hardik, hooda, tripathi, vohra, players who are more t20 suites are generally going to be the ones who can get going earlier in their innings so these would be the guys you need to give experience in preparation for the next WC if you’re needing or wanting players that can hit earlier in their innings. Trick is to find the t20 batsmen who are capable of playing the longer innings so if they come in earlier they can still make a proper game of it.

i think 3-5 need to be versatile and need to be able to change gears almost at will at anytime so ideal guys for 3-5 would be kohli, Rahul and Gill. Vohra has potential but he’s not consistent enough, imo to bat higher up just yet.

yes, he is way too inconsistent.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:41 PM, WC2011INDIA said:

Darkest moment in Indian cricket. 

If Kohli doesn't make up for that by scoring daddy runs and winning the world cup 2019 then I will declare him a choker in big ICC tournaments. 

you cant be serious . pak won fair and square outplayed us that day how is that darkest moment ?