in DK I still dont trust !

4 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Converted. This guy had a golden opportunity to take the team home, instead bottles it off a full toss on the pads. If he can't cashin under Rohit, he definitely can't under Kohli.

Have to agree to this. The opportunities are limited and he should have cashed in . But still I feel the dhoni factor is mentally haunting him . If dhoni retires and we have him play for 5 matches as keeper and at 5 without pressure it could do wonders. 

Bringing in rayudu also does not help.

I am trying to put myself in DKs shoes. Most probably I would also fail 99% of the time if my performance is always under the scanner. One small mistake I am out and decent contributions not considered.

DK's fault is he had a ton of opportunities here and there earlier and he never cashed on it big time because he was competing with dhoni who was almost on a different pedestal for quite a few years. Before he realized that he should be competing for batsmen slot he became 33.

I feel KL , Kohli and DK followed by Jadhav is a fantastic middle order but it's up to DK and selectors (make dhoni retire).

I am just not convinced with pant and Pandya in quick succession .this could have been possible if pant played a year back. Now too late.

7 hours ago, prasen82 said:

Have to agree to this. The opportunities are limited and he should have cashed in . But still I feel the dhoni factor is mentally haunting him . If dhoni retires and we have him play for 5 matches as keeper and at 5 without pressure it could do wonders. 

Then u shud not play international cricket

some or the other mental factor will always exsist 

Now pant will be on his throat 

I am trying to put myself in DKs shoes. Most probably I would also fail 99% of the time if my performance is always under the scanner. One small mistake I am out and decent contributions not considered.

What about that poor running between wkts when being so senior u dnt even plant ur bat 

what about Eng series , their was no dhoni on his throat

DK's fault is he had a ton of opportunities here and there earlier and he never cashed on it big time because he was competing with dhoni who was almost on a different pedestal for quite a few years. Before he realized that he should be competing for batsmen slot he became 33.

he failed when played wit dhoni in 11 to , so he was competing for batsman spot in 2013 when he wud be 5 yrs younger n got some 3 odd games regulalry 

n in 2014 his keeping in asia cup was horrible, no one will accept that 

I am just not convinced with pant and Pandya in quick succession .this could have been possible if pant played a year back. Now too late.

pant made runs in diff conditions

karthik is blowing his chances one after another, so whats the distrust in pant.....jst becoz he is junior 

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
pant made runs in diff conditions
karthik is blowing his chances one after another, so whats the distrust in pant.....jst becoz he is junior 

No not the junior thingie. Somehow pant reminds me of someone like sehwag and not one who can rotate strike in middle and go beserk.i feel Rahul will come into number 4 slot. It will happen. Rahul, pant and Pandya seems to be too explosive and risky .

By the way pant averages 23 in Vijay hazare now when there are ton of folks higher than him. 

I know DK is also not in that pedestal but I just have a hunch he could get into a Mike hussey avatar if he gets over his mental demons . Maybe it's wishful thinking , but just feel he could do it .. very badly want him to succeed, like rooting for the underdog. Why can't DK get his misbah career :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by prasen82
15 minutes ago, prasen82 said:

No not the junior thingie. Somehow pant reminds me of someone like sehwag and not one who can rotate strike in middle and go beserk.i feel Rahul will come into number 4 slot. It will happen. Rahul, pant and Pandya seems to be too explosive and risky .

DK looks like he can get out any ball or can get run out or make his parter run out......whats not risky in that

Now u sound like virat.....experinece means safe

LOI men kaisa safety, match winners will never be safe

Remeber the mighty aussie - none played safe in that 

Explosive will win u games

what is safety of dhoni, karthik, rayudu winning us nothing not 220 feels easy 

By the way pant averages 23 in Vijay hazare now when there are ton of folks higher than him. 

I dnt take domestic cricket stats to srsly

Dk came after pilling on runs in domestic- what happened to those runs now

Eng his feet frooze 

now also bats so fidgety 

I know DK is also not in that pedestal but I just have a hunch he could get into a Mike hussey avatar if he gets over his mental demons . Maybe it's wishful thinking , but just feel he could do it .. very badly want him to succeed, like rooting for the underdog. Why can't DK get his misbah career :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hussey :hysterical:

i hve never had any doubts about his talent but about his mental issues

if it didnt happen then wnt happen now, thats what i beileve .....now his abilites also looks a lil down

Misbah wasnt a match winner either , we have to go on top......nt to bottom. Coz misbah was a part of damn poor pak team ...do we want that 

37 minutes ago, velu said:

DK was struggling yesterday .. he looked like he will get out at anytime

massive struggle from both him and Dhoni.

i remember the Raina and prime Dhoni days 5 years back - when they used to just chase casually. Wonder where are those middle order batsmen now, who is it now ? definitely not Dhoni and DK.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

massive struggle from both him and Dhoni.

i remember the Raina and prime Dhoni days 5 years back - when they used to just chase casually. Wonder where are those middle order batsmen now, who is it now ? definitely not Dhoni and DK.

nah .. dhoni did play well until DK was there at the crease , probably the best i have seen him facing spin early

after DK got out , he did play out  fizz safely for 2 overs