Sutherland Press Conference - Lehman to remain coach, Maxwell, Burns and Renshaw to replace Warner, Smith and Bancroft. Paine captain

31 minutes ago, Vilander said:

its illegal per rule book, and the problem here is institutional tampering from a test captain and vice captain and potentially several team members and coach, making a rookie do it...reeks more than the actual crime. Say Smith got caught doing something to the ball, it would be just a ball tampering..but this is different with the whole leadership group being aware etc. 

Yep, it's also context.  They got caught red-handed breaking the DRS rule and made some lame "brainfade" excuses this time last year.  And now this.  Serial cheats, if you ask me.  

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

comman sense prevails among all accept sutherland, their must be an inquiry of the inquiry committee now 

Because CA has no obligation to investigate anything in the first place. ICC did and handed the ban. Stop making it like they did fixing. CA for sure will support their players like BCCI did before.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, UnknownGenius said:

It seems like you're a fan of bringing the game into disrepute and lack of integrity?

Are you a Mumbai Indian fan? Not knowing you, I'd wager you are....

Integrity, fair play these are really fashionable words and sound good to hear. It's all about win, only winners are remembered. No one remembers your fair play. All top sports are a business. They aren't just games anymore when players are earning millions. They are under constant pressure to win. Pressure of media, fans, board, sponsors. Australians were just trying to do that. This saga has just been blown out of proportions like they did match fixing. They did it but their bad luck that they got caught. ICC banned those players involved. CA has no obligation to do that because they did it to win games for the country. Don't equate this thing to match fixing. Posters at ICF are over-reacting. I remember Indians got banned in 2000. And BCCI fully backed them.

Edited by rkt.india

Funnily enough making the coach who is a worthless fat turd anyway a scapegoat would have been the ideal solution 9/10 times(not saying it is right or wrong but pretty much would have been the norm ) especially to protect the players however  hilariously enough in this case 2 of their biggest stars in  the last 10 years are the ones potentially taking a huge hit  while the coach is absolutely safe  :hysterical:

Un fkn believable 

Am I the only one desensitized to this whole thing and feel this reaction is a little over the top?

Ban them for a few games, fine some chump change and Move on already 

17 minutes ago, maniac said:

Am I the only one desensitized to this whole thing and feel this reaction is a little over the top?

I am sure Smith and Warner would feel that way. I do feel it's over the top now, no need for everyone in Australia to loose their marbles over this lol. But one can understand what they feel,their biggest sporting heroes in cricket and couple of the highest paid elite athletes just decided to cheat and make a rookie take all the risk. Made their country be counted next to Pakistan... Lol that's making them all kinds of mad right from their prime minister.. Man these guys are ruined. And it's sad to see. Smith and Warner damn. 

37 minutes ago, maniac said:

Funnily enough making the coach who is a worthless fat turd anyway a scapegoat would have been the ideal solution 9/10 times(not saying it is right or wrong but pretty much would have been the norm ) especially to protect the players however  hilariously enough in this case 2 of their biggest stars in  the last 10 years are the ones potentially taking a huge hit  while the coach is absolutely safe  :hysterical:

Un fkn believable 

Ban them for a few games, fine some chump change and Move on already 

i feel the same.

Furore in Aussie citizens regarding this. All are shaming this act by their players. Now there is a rift within the team as well. Some players have told CA that David Warner be removed from the hotel as this may lead to fights.

So one of the worlds test batsman (Smith) has been sacked and banned for one match. He has also been sacked from IPL captiancy. Oh i see he stepped down just to make it look easy for him. probably RR management giving it a feel to public that he went on his own and Smiths reputation is not tarnished (whatever is left if it all)  as well.If all this was not enough he is now taken to Australia, out of the tour. Australian people want them banned for an year or so. I think there is more to follow to one match ban, stripping of test captaincy, IPL captaincy sacking. CA are under tremendous pressure from their citizens as well as from their PM to add on to the actions they have taken against Smith and Warner. A judgement will be released shortly. I think atleast a 6 months ban is there in the proceedings given the backlash these 3 cricketers are getting in Australia. 

Even the sponsors want CA to take severe action.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5547991/Steve-Smith-quietly-removed-Weet-Bix-website-ambassador-amid-damning-cricket-scandal.html

• Cereal brand Weet-Bix has removed a picture of Steve Smith from its website
  • The company has had a relationship with Australian cricket captain since 2015 

Nobody wants the brand to be associated with cheaters and rightly so, otherwise the Aussie public will make mockery of these advertisements which have cheaters in it. Obviously the sponsors had no option but to put pressure on CA. Brand is more important than cricketers in business.  Faf got one match ban, but Smith and others involved have taken big blows in last few days with more to come.

Surely the toughest phase for him. When your own country fans are against you, there is hardly any core fan base left. 

Edited by Straight Drive