Kohli unlikely to play county or Eng series

diga

Cricket isn’t this popular in Canada. We usually practice after office hours on weekdays or mostly on weekends. 

Alright.
The competition in cricket is intense in India.Many of the boys I know left school and used to practice 6-8 hrs a day.

Even we girls used to practice 5-6 hrs often despite the competition being being much less intense.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Oh great. Surprised because I have seen girls play basketball, volleyball, badminton, TT...even football in school, never cricket. 

I started to play cricket and football with the local boys because all my playmates had either either coming to the local park or switched to cricket/football.
Basically I had none to play looka chhoopi
Later I was drafted as a replacement for our local inter-club tournament and earned accolades from the chief guest Arun Lal.
He said I can be an exciting prospect for the women's team in future.
And I was salivated by the amount of money Sachin, Yuvi, Bhajji, Mahi earned so I became ready instantly.
Only to realise later women's cricket apparently has no real future unlike the men's game
I am the daughter of a single mother , so I had to go for a job that gives me a stable income.
That's why I had to leave cricket and study Science.

To be frank, there is more encouragement in our social system for girls to cheer on their boyfriends whenever they hit 4s and 6s while playing cricket, standing in the sidelines, rather than aspiring to hit those 4s and 6s themselves.
Also, there is ABSOLUTELY NO opportunities for girls to cricket in school/junior level, apart from the stigmas girls pursuing sports anyways have to face in India.
Ofcourse , authorities can open a cricket programme for girls in school level, but nobody wants to take real initiative , citing lack of participants.
Sigh.

Yeah but I meant other sports are more popular in school level among girls. There are cricket coaching clubs for girls but if you see a common park/field, greater probability of girls playing basketball/volleyball/badminton. 
You are right.
Girls are rarely encouraged to pick up a sport other than badminton/tennis, swimming and chess in Kolkata where I live.
Both football and Cricket I remember were explicitly meant for boys in my town.
Infact, the other girl(older though) who used to play football and cricket with us got forcefully pulled out from the play sessions because her mother thought it will make her a lesbian and/or she will have a tough time getting married
One of my seniors from the U19 team was married off to some 40 yr old uncle to correct her "boyishness"(aka playing cricket).

Pursuing sports for girls , especially the ones marked being more masculine like football and cricket are truly a pain in India.

8 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I started to play cricket and football with the local boys because all my playmates had either either coming to the local park or switched to cricket/football.
Basically I had none to play looka chhoopi
Later I was drafted as a replacement for our local inter-club tournament and earned accolades from the chief guest Arun Lal.
He said I can be an exciting prospect for the women's team in future.

And I was salivated by the amount of money Sachin, Yuvi, Bhajji, Mahi earned so I became ready instantly.
Only to realise later women's cricket apparently has no real future unlike the men's game
I am the daughter of a single mother , so I had to go for a job that gives me a stable income.
That's why I had to leave cricket and study Science.

To be frank, there is more encouragement in our social system for girls to cheer on their boyfriends whenever they hit 4s and 6s while playing cricket, standing in the sidelines, rather than aspiring to hit those 4s and 6s themselves.
Also, there is ABSOLUTELY NO opportunities for girls to cricket in school/junior level, apart from the stigmas girls pursuing sports anyways have to face in India.
Ofcourse , authorities can open a cricket programme for girls in school level, but nobody wants to take real initiative , citing lack of participants.
Sigh.

Oh nice. Arun Lal was the coach of Bournvita Cricket Academy, have played against his club a couple of times. A really chilled out guy with no airs of being a big name in Bengal cricket. Even Ashok Malhotra and Utpal Chatterjee would drop in to help him or cheer for his side in the CAB matches. I saw a few lady coaches in the mens teams, unlike other towns Kolkata being a big metro had the culture of girl tournaments.

I agree with you that girls are discouraged from sports but I would also extend that to the other sex. Basically India has zero sporting culture and like every country the women folk have it even worse than the men. 

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli is anyway does not give much hope in England as a batsman.

Great players adjust and Kohli is a great player and bound to learn from his mistakes from earlier tour.

Time will tell how he does but we shouldn’t go by what happened few years ago for a player like Kohli who played brilliantly in recent test series and showed patience on pitches which might not be same like England but required great grit and determination to score runs on which most couldn’t show while Kohli did.

I back him to do well in this series.

8 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

You are right.
Girls are rarely encouraged to pick up a sport other than badminton/tennis, swimming and chess in Kolkata where I live.
Both football and Cricket I remember were explicitly meant for boys in my town.
Infact, the other girl(older though) who used to play football and cricket with us got forcefully pulled out from the play sessions because her mother thought it will make her a lesbian and/or she will have a tough time getting marriedemoji38.pngemoji38.png
One of my seniors from the U19 team was married off to some 40 yr old uncle to correct her "boyishness"(aka playing cricket).

Pursuing sports for girls , especially the ones marked being more masculine like football and cricket are truly a pain in India.

I have seen girls do badminton, basketball and track but not cricket. I used to spend summers in Calcutta and I alwys felt Bengalis had a better sport culture than Delhi. They were alwys very vocal about Mohun Bagan and East Bengal. unfortunately I have given up on playing cricket and I was not good to begin with. It was so tough to make it in Delhi.

He will undergo training from 15th of June,so fortunately it is not disc displacement/Hernia. Herniated disc is serious injury which leads to serious disability in everyday life and potentially career threatening for sportsperson..The pain it induces in Arm and leg is unbearable,so noway it is herniated disc,He couldn't have played a single match with that.It's a neck sprain.Few weeks of rehab would suffice it.Better to skip Ireland matches.

Edited by Bigg Brother

If Kohli is useless in some people eyes then they have no clue , this guy is all about showing improvement, show me one player who did not have a bad tour.

If kohli is unfit India's chances would be greatly reduced.

Edited by putrevus