We don't care about T20 cricket, says Indian coach Ravi Shastri !!!

velu

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

Because no one gave it a fair chance. There is no way a captain on the field can make real time decisions. Just no way. I know they do but those are not the best decisons that can be made.

thye have and have been for yrs, onfield u can read ur players body language n conditions better then off field 

why shud it be tried, has it ever worked .........NOPE 

yes u can send idea from dressing room which is done in drinks breaks but thats it . I dnt knw how a coach can tell from dressing room if one of bowlers is feeling nervous of not 

On 6/5/2018 at 11:03 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in cricket when has that worked well

chappell tried failed miserably

Buchanan tried with KKR.....worst season for KKR

Warne did this yr with RR....messed up everything 

Coach being boss has never worked in cricket

Its interesting that Warne would do that since he complained Buchanan tried to do the same with Australia. The rest of the team was ok with Buchanan but Warne took exception to his coaching saying coaches are killing players' creativity and he goes on to do the exact same thing as coach.

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Its interesting that Warne would do that since he complained Buchanan tried to do the same with Australia. The rest of the team was ok with Buchanan but Warne took exception to his coaching saying coaches are killing players' creativity and he goes on to do the exact same thing as coach.

some how i think owners wud have told warne ur incharge of the team since also won 1st tittle for them n i doubt they wud have faith in rahane for t20

On 6/5/2018 at 11:03 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in cricket when has that worked well

chappell tried failed miserably

Buchanan tried with KKR.....worst season for KKR

Warne did this yr with RR....messed up everything 

Coach being boss has never worked in cricket

Warne was not the coach. He was just a mentor and was not even there for half the matches. He went back to Australia mid season. RR coach is an Indian, Zubin Bharucha. 

8 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

So refreshing to hear Indian coach talking like this. Garbage format needs to be put in its place. 

His fee should be reduced then if he is disrespectful about the t20 format and if he doesn’t care regarding our win loss ratio in the t20’s.

41 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

His fee should be reduced then if he is disrespectful about the t20 format and if he doesn’t care regarding our win loss ratio in the t20’s.

No it’s a step in the right direction. T20I doesn’t have much utility as a format as it doesn’t reliably enable better sides to win consistently. Therefore what use is it? WT20 aside who really gives a damn. BCCI has been preoccupied with t20 for far too long, glad to see Kohli and Shastri setting the priorities

On 6/3/2018 at 11:08 AM, jf1gp_1 said:

Like in every walk of life even here most just want a fancy white coach. For me team has done its job under him dont see why he has to be replaced. 

Till now I have not been able to figure out what value add he brings to the INDIAN cricket team except Motivating them. I am not sure about the JOb responsibilities of a Coach is, he is just a Motivator.

BUt still the results are coming and he gets to save his Job even if I am the BCCI Head.

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Till now I have not been able to figure out what value add he brings to the INDIAN cricket team except Motivating them. I am not sure about the JOb responsibilities of a Coach is, he is just a Motivator.

BUt still the results are coming and he gets to save his Job even if I am the BCCI Head.

John Wright once spoke about how sehwag did the exact opposite of what he was asked and how he had to pull him up, Dhoni in WC final promoted himself or how Kohli decided to bowl in CT final when kumble wanted us to bat. At the end of the day its all upto the players.

The way i see it coach brings a pov of someone who has lived through similar situations and helps individual and team. That could be team strategy or man management. A kambli could have had a successful career in subcontinent, its made to sound by most as if its his colorful lifestyle which didnt allow him to establish himself atleast at home, who knows maybe Shastri is coaching Hardik on how not to make same mistakes. 

On topic team is doing well. By all means criticize the man but if you see continues failure (commenting on other posts not yours). The problem with most fans is they want well spoken/mannered but aggressive captain and coach. A combo of Shashi tharoor and Ragnar lothbrok (sorry couldnt think of anyone else)

Edited by jf1gp_1
On 6/7/2018 at 7:13 PM, Nikhil_cric said:

Mike hesson has resigned as NZ coach. We need to get either him, moody or heath streak as part of our coaching setup! Secondly , I agree with the two coaches idea as long as there is one coach for ODIs/tests and one for T20's. 

I find this Hesson guy tactically very good on match situations .  A good strategist kind of guy. Among all the foreign teams that toured India last year NZ looked much better , though could not put it across .

On 6/2/2018 at 10:52 PM, express bowling said:

T20 internationals assume importance only in World T20s.   Otherwise, it is important only in franchise based T20 leagues.

Shastri should have mentioned the importance of World T20s in his statement.  

Otherwise, he is spot on.  International teams don't care about T20Is unless they are playing World T20s  Everyone connected to cricket know this. Shastri is being criticised unnecessarily.

Nidahas cup victory was quite popular in India.Channels were showing celebrations when Karthik hit Six on last bowl.

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I find this Hesson guy tactically very good on match situations .  A good strategist kind of guy. Among all the foreign teams that toured India last year NZ looked much better , though could not put it across .

They didn't have the personnel to win in these conditions but this EnZed team has been doing well consistently for the last few years in both ODI's and tests and while many point to McCullum's role i personally think Mike hesson has been the reason they have been so competitive.