Rate Indian captains who backs the deserved youngsters [ and gives long rope ] !!!

velu

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not denying he was backed under dravid n chappell, chappell use to love and he wasnt ready 

But again under dhoni he was backed and i did write by that time he matured as well

backing is needed in any stage 

Yes he did. Fits the prototype of a Chappell player and that's why I had to object to you not pointing out Dravid backing Raina.

Nevertheless, I think we're on the same page here so let's move on.

13 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Yes he did. Fits the prototype of a Chappell player and that's why I had to object to you not pointing out Dravid backing Raina.

Nevertheless, I think we're on the same page here so let's move on.

You guys are not on the same page .. Me thinks :phehe:

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dada :adore::adore::adore:

Dravid :hatsoff:

<big gap>

Cool

<daylight>

Kohli

Old timers can give a better picture, for instance my Dad rates MAK Pataudi very highly in this department. 

Yes he was Gollum but he was very petty as well. Disagree with him and you were out.

A few weeks ago the BCCI announced an award for the late Budhi Kunderan , Pataudi destroyed Budhi's Indian career and he never forgave him for his treatment .

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

Yes he was Gollum but he was very petty as well. Disagree with him and you were out.

A few weeks ago the BCCI announced an award for the late Budhi Kunderan , Pataudi destroyed Budhi's Indian career and he never forgave him for his treatment .

Or maybe he rated Farokh Engineer above Budhi Kunderan. Budhi and Wadekar (expected) seem to be the only 2 who have criticized Pataudi, the others have been effusive in praise for his captaincy and mentoring. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Or maybe he rated Farokh Engineer above Budhi Kunderan. Budhi and Wadekar (expected) seem to be the only 2 who have criticized Pataudi, the others have been effusive in praise for his captaincy and mentoring. 

Budhi spoke back 

38 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Budhi spoke back 

Well Nawab Pataudi was quite aloof because of his social status and may even have been arrogant/rude, but most of his contemporaries praise his captaincy to the skies. MAK himself used to rate ML Jaisimha as a superior captain, his move to Hyderabad Ranji team was mainly to learn the tricks of the trade from the latter. 

Have you played/interacted with Budhi or Farokh? Or Pataudi for that matter?

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Well Nawab Pataudi was quite aloof because of his social status and may even have been arrogant/rude, but most of his contemporaries praise his captaincy to the skies. MAK himself used to rate ML Jaisimha as a superior captain, his move to Hyderabad Ranji team was mainly to learn the tricks of the trade from the latter. 

Have you played/interacted with Budhi or Farokh? Or Pataudi for that matter?

I was told he was very good as long as you didn't question him .

Yes I did 

Ganguly  was better in spotting talent and then he would back them. 

I would not think others would have brought R P Singh so early , after so few appearances .

or for that matter ZAK , UV , Bhajji, Sehwag .

Its imp  that a captain also gives a decent run once he is convinced of talent .

Come to think of it, Dada was so important for Indian cricket, came in after the match fixing mess and that time we were rightfully regarded as a joke of a team. Whatever we have achieved in this millennium, a great deal of credit should go to him. What he lacked in his cricket/athletic abilities (to be counted as an ATG) he made up via his leadership and mentoring.