I know what to expect in England: Ashwin

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

show me the facts

Here is a fudamental problem. You are very traditional and stuck to one line of thinking. Not your fault but that is how you think. I have a different way of thinking. Facts are that there are atleat 3-5 spinners ahead of Ashwin. We can go around with you quoting meaningless stats but there has to be a better evaluation and metrics. I think you are very wrong but I am done for the day now.

44 minutes ago, Khota said:

Here is a fudamental problem. You are very traditional and stuck to one line of thinking. Not your fault but that is how you think. I have a different way of thinking. Facts are that there are atleat 3-5 spinners ahead of Ashwin. We can go around with you quoting meaningless stats but there has to be a better evaluation and metrics. I think you are very wrong but I am done for the day now.

name these 5 spinner who are even on radar?

What is a better metrics?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 7/1/2018 at 12:58 AM, rtmohanlal said:

One think for sure.... I do not consider strange at all to play all the 5 all rounders(i mean who can hold the bat at the least effectively namely Ashwin,Jadeja,Kuldeep,Pandya & Bhuvi)   in the eleven in England test series. What ever these hacks Pujara, Dhwan,Rohit(or any new comer) combined  can do,  the 5 all rounders in the team can definitely do together combined. And that would  provide much variety in bowling too

You maybe right but you simply cannot do it, what you have said is good for discussion but it cannot be implemented.

No team can go into a match 7 bowling options and just three batting options. If hacks are not good enought you need to kick them out and get batsmen who can do something on spicy wickets.

But We have been facing these problems  since last 80 years, batsmen as a batting unit that can do well on spicy wickets.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

WI, Lanka, Bangladesh are home?

He has much better stats in Australia than other world class visiting offies of the last 2 decades namely Murali, Bhajji, Swann, Ajmal...and 3 of those had suspect actions. He outbowled Lyon in 2014-15 in the 3 tests they went H2H, without him we would have lost SCG test and surrendered 0-3. 

In England his bowling average is 32-33 in 2 tests where we got destroyed.

In NZ he has never bowled.

Can't understand the hate he gets here on ICF, so much fake news and refusal to count dropped catches while judging bowlers...an Indian superstar batsman gets a bad umpiring call and we will hear about it for the next 20 years. Maybe some can't stomach the fact that he already has more MOS than SRT and Kohli combined in 1/5th of the matches. We have always downplayed our bowlers, Srinath and Kumble too unjustly received lots of flak in their playing days for their overseas performances. If we don't respect our bowlers, we can't expect bowling culture to change. Batsmen have *ed up much worse than bowlers overseas yet they are always pampered and protected from censure.  Between 1986 and 2001 we won no test in SENA countries and our only 3 overseas wins were in Colombo, Dhaka and Bulawayo. If you check the match reports/scorecards you will find that batsmen failed to justify their reputation costing us some big scalps....but commentators were mum about spinelessness of the rockstars, bowlers were easy prey. 

They are Sub Continent where he always does well but he has been a flop overseas in England,Australia and South Africa lets see how he performs in England and I am not his hater.But he has done nothing overseas.

2 hours ago, The Unrealist said:

They are Sub Continent where he always does well but he has been a flop overseas in England,Australia and South Africa lets see how he performs in England and I am not his hater.But he has done nothing overseas.

Eng-> too low sample size, bowled 35 overs only because we suffered innings defeats in both those matches.

Aus-> underwhelming but all visiting offies have suffered there post 2000, besides 2011-12 and 2014-15 had unusually flat wickets. If you watched him bowl he outbowled Lyon in 2014-15 and it was stupidity to drop him in Adelaide. 

SA-> Bad in 2013 Jo'berg, good this time...completely outbowled Maharaj which Herath and Lyon were unable to do. 

I am not accusing you of being a hater of Ashwin, I commented on a general trend on this forum where our bowling greats are insulted/downplayed to make our batting greats look better than they actually are. Ashwin isn't alone in this regard...no bigger example than sidelining Kumble from our chronicles despite the fact that he was our MVP for over a decade. But logon ki baat sunoge toh lagega ki maano Kumble aur Srinath kabhi India ke liye khele hi nahi, poora din Fab 4/Fab 5 karte rehte hai saare ke saare. 

We can't write off achievements in WI and Lanka. WI is a solid team at home and 1st time we beat them in 2 tests in the same series. Lanka 2015 was a tremendous achievement where we came back from 0-1 down, Ashwin vs Sanga was a legendary tussle then and I am sure without him we would have extended our winless streak in Lanka to 24 years which would frankly have been an embarrassing record.  

Edited by Gollum
Just now, goose said:

I want to know why nobody in the side or coaching staff had the balls to tell Ashwin to sort it out during the match.

Coaching staff is a joke to be honest been a long time since 2011 nothing has been sorted out lower order continues to be non existent and batsman like Dhawan or Kl getting out the same way again and again letting the game drift away nothing has been done.