Test Cricket is Best Cricket

Gollum

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

@velu bhai, please translate :p:.

நான் வீழ்வேன் என்று நினைத்தாயோ? - "did you think i will fall" - bharathiar to godess sakthi 

one of the lines taken from bharathiars poem from 1900s..

i was thinking its a rajni movie dialogue , did google :blush: 

Dei Maama @SriniMaama16, Kusal Perera epdi vechi senjaan pathiya.. Avanga aalunga, avanga edam, avanga bowlers.. Engaluku bayam illa, adhuku idhaan sample!!

"have you seen how our kushal perara did ( usually it implies committing murder ) . Its their place , their people and their bowlers.

We dont have fear , this is the sample" ..

Actually SriniMaama16 troll srilankan cricketers and cricket badly. arnlod is trolling him/her back :rotfl: 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

@velu bhai, please translate :p:.

You thought I'd fall? (A Bharathiyar proverb)..haha

See how Kusal Perera beat them to pulp. Their players, their country, their bowlers, home conditions...We don't have fear..this is just a sample..just a trailer :p:

Apparently Srini mama is a parody account, but this seems to be Russel Arnold's real account. Some good banter going on between them for sometime now.

7 minutes ago, velu said:

naan rajni dialogue nu ninachutu irunthaen :phehe: 

Neengah pesardu ellame ennaka puriya maateingarda, aana can understand 90% of the stuff. Slowly thanks to South stay and GF/colleagues ennodu Tamil improve aardeh, can't read/write Tamil though and probably never will :((. Konjah naal le Bengali maranda peidivein, Hindi maraka maatein, 1-2 South languages hopefully Tamil, Telugu kattindruvein especially to follow movies better. Naa eidinadhu ezada porinjidah @velu? If yes I will take it as a compliment, if no I will improve further and get back to you after some time.....forgive my spellings because weak in pronunciation. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Neengah pesardu ellame ennaka puriya maateingarda, aana can understand 90% of the stuff. Slowly thanks to South stay and GF/colleagues ennodu Tamil improve aardeh, can't read/write Tamil though and probably never will :((. Konjah naal le Bengali maranda peidivein, Hindi maraka maatein, 1-2 South languages hopefully Tamil, Telugu kattindruvein especially to follow movies better. Naa eidinadhu ezada porinjidah @velu? If yes I will take it as a compliment, if no I will improve further and get back to you after some time.....forgive my spellings because weak in pronunciation. 

can understand your tanglish :hail: 

dont bother about pronunciation , it varies every 100kms .. chennai tamil sucks and stinks :phehe:

18 hours ago, MechEng said:

ODIs were the best format before Australia, West Indies, Sri Lanka and South Africa lost the passion for the game, they are still decent sides but are only professional. World Cups were huge from 1987-2003, 2007 WC onwards ODIs lost that sheen.

Not true at all. World cups have always been great since 96 except the 2007 one which was one of the worst ever. 

ODIs are still the most dynamic format for me. T20's and tests are pure formats . Score fast and score big are the mantras respectively. ODIs, the real ones with just 1 ball, had an interesting middle overs phase which usually determined the outcome. There is no real one approach to ODIs. England rely on power hitting. India relies on wrist spin in the middle overs, Australia rely on a powerful pace attack etc. Just go back to 1 ball and it will become interesting again. 

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not true at all. World cups have always been great since 96 except the 2007 one which was one of the worst ever. 

The brand of limited overs cricket has changed a lot post T20 cricket, batsmen are more athletic and play bigger shots, you'll never see Brendon McCullum playing a classic cover drive in ODIs. Which is why world cups till 2003 were my favourites, slogging was strongly discouraged unless you were either Afridi or Klusener, all cricket shots including sixes required a very technical approach.

Also, back then the ODI and test squads were 99% same and players had very long ODI careers, unlike today where everything is so professional that you get get dropped if you underperform in a game and the squad keeps changing every series.

5 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

I hate test cricket. There, I said it. It is boring, super long and waste of time to watch. You play 40h to get a glimps of maybe one awe moment ... no thanks!

Tests are not for casual fans of the game, it's an acquired taste and only developed if you're too much into cricket.

The ECB developed T20 cricket for a reason, to attract more casual fans.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

The brand of limited overs cricket has changed a lot post T20 cricket, batsmen are more athletic and play bigger shots, you'll never see Brendon McCullum playing a classic cover drive in ODIs. Which is why world cups till 2003 were my favourites, slogging was strongly discouraged unless you were either Afridi or Klusener, all cricket shots including sixes required a very technical approach.

Also, back then the ODI and test squads were 99% same and players had very long ODI careers, unlike today where everything is so professional that you get get dropped if you underperform in a game and the squad keeps changing every series.

I think that also had to do with pitches, outfields and bats. Since 2002, there has been a consistent trend to make pitches flatter and faster in an effort to develop more strokemakers and to develop genuine quicks who hit the deck hard. No more slow, seaming pitches in NZ,ENG or greenish ones in SA etc. I'd argue that these measures improved the game. 

I do think bats need to be regulated further. These bat edges are ridiculous. But the single most damaging development was the introduction of 2 new balls in cricket. These balls stay harder and don't swing much even upfront. The result being the batsmen can hit through the line until the very end. Earlier as the ball got softer it was harder to score and reverse and spin came into play as well. 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I do think bats need to be regulated further. These bat edges are ridiculous. But the single most damaging development was the introduction of 2 new balls in cricket. These balls stay harder and don't swing much even upfront. The result being the batsmen can hit through the line until the very end. Earlier as the ball got softer it was harder to score and reverse and spin came into play as well. 

ICC ought to have been sued for this alone. They literally made run machines.

6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

ICC ought to have been sued for this alone. They literally made run machines.

All done to favour SENA nations. No major threat of spin or reverse for them. I don't buy the argument that Kookaburra can't produce a ball of sufficient quality to last 50 overs. If that's indeed the case , then Kookaburra should have been given an ultimatum for producing substandard white balls - ICC, in all their wisdom, decided to reward them instead for their mediocrity by allowing them to supply two mediocre balls per match. High time India and other non SENA nations switch over to the white Dukes or the white SG.