Make KL Rahul captain in one of the formats.

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

But who else in this Indian team are scoring runs exactly? Sometimes it's best if we give credit to the opposition bowlers. 

What does other Indian batsmen not scoring runs on this England tour got to do with what I said in your quoted post  ?

I was talking about Rahul's attitude regarding the less successful batsmen of his IPL team and his open criticism of them.  Public criticism of co-players is never a good sign even when it is from experienced players ... coming from a youngster who is not even the captain, it is beyond cocky. 

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

What does other Indian batsmen not scoring runs on this England tour got to do with what I said in your quoted post  ?

I was talking about Rahul's attitude regarding the less successful batsmen of his IPL team and his open criticism of them.  Public criticism of co-players is never a good sign even when it is from experienced players ... coming from a youngster who is not even the captain, it is beyond cocky. 

You sure you are not making a big deal out of nothing. Previous Indian captains have said much worse about their co-players, case in point Dhoni openly calling his bowlers brainless. As long as he didn't single out individuals, mild criticisms are accepted. Maybe IPL team culture is different to that of Indian team culture. 

5 hours ago, Lannister said:

You sure you are not making a big deal out of nothing.

I just stated an incident which is pertinent to this thread.  Stated it just once and the rest are just replies to your quoted posts.

People are free to interpret it as nothing if they want to.

Previous Indian captains have said much worse about their co-players, case in point Dhoni openly calling his bowlers brainless. As long as he didn't single out individuals, mild criticisms are accepted. Maybe IPL team culture is different to that of Indian team culture. 

And we criticized Dhoni rather heavily when he criticized his team mates in public despite being a senior captain.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I just stated an incident which is pertinent to this thread.  Stated it just once and the rest are just replies to your quoted posts.

And we criticized Dhoni rather heavily when he criticized his team mates in public despite being a senior captain.

He has to a regular in the side when our captain drops him whenever he wants how can he captain the side?

What next then KL Clarke captain

Manish Smith vice captain

Robin Uthappa Gilchrist  as a finisher 

Coaching staff starring:Stuart Binny

Bowling Coach:Sreenath Arvind :cantstop:

Edited by Switchblade
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

OK I agree with you.

What do you think of his captaincy prospects? Because clearly Kohli cannot remain in all three formats and many fans have been supporting the idea of different captains. If not him, who according to you is better suited to lead the team? 

7 hours ago, Lannister said:

OK I agree with you.

What do you think of his captaincy prospects? Because clearly Kohli cannot remain in all three formats and many fans have been supporting the idea of different captains. If not him, who according to you is better suited to lead the team? 

Rahul seems to be educated and sufficiently intelligent.  These are pluses as a captaincy prospect.  Whether he has the desire to assume responsibility of the whole team is unknown to me.

A good captain needs to be a good leader of men.  Kohli is failing in this aspect ... and we don't really know whether anyone else in this team has this quality.

By the looks of it,  BCCI has designated Rohit as the backup captain in LOIs. Whenever Kohli has missed any LOI series, Rohit has stepped in as the captain.

2 hours ago, velu said:

this migth actually work out ..

it is very difficult for the batsmen if their place is not secure ..

even rahane is pretty much insecure about his place in the playing xi which might affect him

Rahane has been given a pretty consistent run in tests, hasn't he?