Time is running out for KL Rahul

Gollum

22 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

Playing with Five batsmen gives no room for players who show no improvement.

So u see no improvement...he definitely improved from previous 2 matches. Feel sorry for u that Ur hatred has restricted from 2 to 1 player after pandya performance today.

1 minute ago, RAZPOR said:

So you want to drop him??

I think he has enough talent and skill to make it ,he needs to given a extended run.We can talk about dropping him after that.

If we keep dropping players left and right we ll never make great players 

No, where did I say drop him? He needs some tough love, fame has gone way over his head and his attitude won't help him realize his potential. He was thriving under Kumble, now we know the type of character Shastri is. KLR needs to refocus, reset his priorities and aim to let his bat do the talking...not Page 3 events or planted stories about his dating life. All I see these days is an immensely talented yet lazy kid who refuses to work on his shortcomings, polar opposite of Kohli....as I said earlier he is the cricket version of Kyrgios. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

140 runs in 11 innings with HS 36, still not good enough. SA and Eng are tough for Asian batsmen but don't warrant such disgraceful stats. Cook is an ATG on his last legs, nothing left to prove...when he was Rahul's age he was winning MOMs in India and Australia, not just England. Jennings is rubbish, I can't understand what ECB sees in him. I hold Rahul to higher standards but right now he is exhibiting a game that won't match up to lowly Pakistani standards...we have higher batting benchmarks. Today was a glorious chance to get a 100, shame he got out after a good start. 

Cook has been struggling for quite sometime now and they have also been struggling to find the other opener. I have heard that it's been going on for atleast 5-6 years and they are yet to find one. That just goes to show how hard it is to open in England. You are just being unnecessarily dramatic. The game has moved on from the times where scores like 400 or 500 were pretty common. Nowadays even 250 is more than enough to win provided you have good bowlers who can exploit the bowling conditions. 

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I can understand him having a bad series but this is second series with six months in between and he has done nothing. Let us not wet pants for him giving a good start. 

Lets look at our team, apart from Kohli, no one has looked like scoring. Only Rahane showed something in the last inning for the first time.

We can not drop or replace all at once, so some players go out and some players are backed. So going by that, I am ready to let someone like Vijay or Dhawan go for players like Rahul who is younger

and more promising.

We made a good change by bringing in Pant for now. No need to panic after two defeats and change full of top order. Rahul should be backed for this whole series.

Changes are needed when you are losing but too many changes aren’t required all at once.

45 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Do we have any Gavaskar in the sheds, any decent slip catcher in the bullpen?

why not give yougster like Shaw a chance, people with this technical issues don't do well especially as opener.People were making him to better techical batsman than Kohli and coimng up with ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

why not give yougster like Shaw a chance, people with this technical issues don't do well especially as opener.People were making him to better techical batsman than Kohli and coimng up with ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I do not see any serious issue with Rahul. Even Shaw has his issues. There are very few perfect batsman and Rahul himself isn't too old.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

He actually batted well today. Was looking positive, needed to capitalise on great start.

30 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lets look at our team, apart from Kohli, no one has looked like scoring. Only Rahane showed something in the last inning for the first time.

We can not drop or replace all at once, so some players go out and some players are backed. So going by that, I am ready to let someone like Vijay or Dhawan go for players like Rahul who is younger

and more promising.

We made a good change by bringing in Pant for now. No need to panic after two defeats and change full of top order. Rahul should be backed for this whole series.

Changes are needed when you are losing but too many changes aren’t required all at once.

Rahul will get his chances this series but these inept and spineless batting displays are ruining all the hardwork done by bowlers. This is the second series in a row other than Kohli noone of the batsmen have showed any fight. These gutless performances put so much pressure on bowlers.

Rahul  will be in the mix but I would give  Shaw a chance in place of Dhawan next test and if Rahul does not show rectify himself blood another youngster.

No more Dhawans, Vijays and other TTFs.

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Cook has been struggling for quite sometime now and they have also been struggling to find the other opener. I have heard that it's been going on for atleast 5-6 years and they are yet to find one. That just goes to show how hard it is to open in England. You are just being unnecessarily dramatic. The game has moved on from the times where scores like 400 or 500 were pretty common. Nowadays even 250 is more than enough to win provided you have good bowlers who can exploit the bowling conditions. 

Cook scored debut 100 and scored all over the world . There is a reason why he is in the team even after lean seasons.

7 hours ago, putrevus said:

Cook scored debut 100 and scored all over the world . There is a reason why he is in the team even after lean seasons.

There's a reason ever since SA tour, no team has crossed 400 once in matches involving India. The wickets were extremely bowling-friendly and Cook is equally failing in those. 

8 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

He does have an issue with sharp indipping deliveries. Not dissimilar to Laxman in that respect. He can still have a quality career despite the technical flaw.

But it look quite amateurish the way he got picked up quite easily.Infact looked uncomfortable against everything coming in.He has to correct it

Just now, gakgupta said:

He has a massive issue with bowl coming in

He's locking himself out of a good position, tbh it's also in part because he got out fishing outside off. He's trying to remedy that, now the inswing gets him. In slightly better conditions I'd argue he will do well.