India decriminalizes Homosexuality

Franco Vazquez

10 hours ago, MechEng said:

@Tibarn @Moochad  Indians have this knack of being a rebel, will aggressively support anything that's unconventional because it's a cool thing to do, of course without reflecting upon how the things they support will impact the value system. Will always be followers unlike Russia.

I don't think this is a fair statement, even if you are against this decision by the court. 

Based on the behavior of the legislative branch, one can predict where the majority of the people of India seem to stand on this issue. No major party, national or regional, had backed the decriminalization demands. Not INC, not BJP, not TMC, etc. They are the barometers for Indian people's opinions on the issues. To a party they have essentially remained neutral in order to not alienate those who actively are against decriminalization. That's how toxic this issue appears to be. Now all parties can lay the blame on the doors of the judiciary. 

The loudest support for this seems to be on the Internet and among the "prominent citizens" (another new category invented by the court recently).

If one was to label these people followers and not leadership material, then that would be more fair, (although I don't necessarily agree[or disagree:p:]). All Indians have hardly been involved in this decision.  

In fact, the court has essentially said that it doesn't care about the opinions of the majority of Indians(whatever it is). That is why I said India is becoming a kritarchy/kritocracy.

Proselytization is the next step in India.

It won't be as effective in India as in other places. Many of the electoral trends around the globe suggest a backlash against postmodernism. India is not so ripe for postmodernists like, say, Europe, with its legions of bugmen.   

Edited by Tibarn

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I don't think this is a fair statement, even if you are against this decision by the court. 

Based on the behavior of the legislative branch, one can predict where the majority of the people of India seem to stand on this issue. No major party, national or regional, had backed the decriminalization demands. Not INC, not BJP, not TMC, etc. They are the barometers for Indian people's opinions on the issues. To a party they have essentially remained neutral in order to not alienate those who actively are against decriminalization. That's how toxic this issue appears to be. Now all parties can lay the blame on the doors of the judiciary. 

The loudest support for this seems to be on the Internet and among the "prominent citizens" (another new category invented by the court recently).

If one was to label these people followers and not leadership material, then that would be more fair, (although I don't necessarily agree[or disagree:p:]). All Indians have hardly been involved in this decision.  

In fact, the court has essentially said that it doesn't care about the opinions of the majority of Indians(whatever it is). That is why I said India is becoming a kritarchy/kritocracy.

It won't be as effective in India as in other places. Many of the electoral trends around the globe suggest a backlash against postmodernism. India is not so ripe for postmodernists like, say, Europe, with its legions of bugmen.   

I genuinely hope so. Here in US at the college campus where I'm studying, the LGBT community is very strong, and these folks kind of impose their ideologies in you subconsciously, it's sort of creepy.

My only fear was the propaganda. Just like after India became secular 'officially', the marxists dominated the education system here and imposed their ideologies in a subtle way through education. The same with LGBT community I felt that they can misuse their freedom and mess up people's minds especially young children regarding gender identification stuff, already in UK it seems that boys are allowed to wear skirts at schools and in the US people actually discuss the possibility of gender disappearing completely in the future. This is extremism of a new kind.

I'm generally neutral when it comes to sensitive issues and I don't hate LGBT, feminists, alpha/beta toxic masculinity, Pakistanis and etc. It's just that propaganda of any kind makes me uncomfortable.

11 hours ago, MechEng said:

I genuinely hope so. Here in US at the college campus where I'm studying, the LGBT community is very strong, and these folks kind of impose their ideologies in you subconsciously, it's sort of creepy.

Something similar happened/happens at the different campuses I've been at there (of course I think you and I are in the same age group, so it's not unexpected that our experiences are somewhat similar). I have had to give a disclaimer before certain lectures as a Grad Assistant because there are so many special snowflakes who think everything is a social construct or a conspiracy by xyz to prevent "equality" or to "oppress " someone/something or the other...    

11 hours ago, MechEng said:

My only fear was the propaganda. Just like after India became secular 'officially', the marxists dominated the education system here and imposed their ideologies in a subtle way through education.

You'd be surprised that even in the US there are so many Marxists in the education system, which is where this postmodernism seems to come from. You and I are lucky in a sense in that you are taught in an engineering department and I am involved in a natural science department(s), so we are inoculated from the Marxists. Others are not so lucky:

Db_i2_cUQAE6D4U.jpg

In India, only from my own personal experience, it seems there are a lot more Marxists even in natural science departments. I am basing this off of my experience with people in the 40+ age band in India who seem to have been taught certain concepts in Biology from a Marxist "alternative reading" perspective.

The same with LGBT community I felt that they can misuse their freedom and mess up people's minds especially young children regarding gender identification stuff, already in UK it seems that boys are allowed to wear skirts at schools and in the US people actually discuss the possibility of gender disappearing completely in the future. This is extremism of a new kind.

I don't think it is really the homosexuals who are to blame for this. Leftists/liberandus hijack anything they can get their hands on in order to spread their nonsense. Homosexuals/their "rights" are basically only the visible front for these peoples' politicking , and homosexuals are turned into the scapegoats when the inevitable backlash comes in response when these leftists' stupidity turns everything into crap.

in the US people actually discuss the possibility of gender disappearing completely in the future. This is extremism of a new kind.

I think it's important to remember that campuses are just bubbles where this insanity ferments. Outside of the campuses, much of this postmodernist nonsense falls on deaf/unsympathetic ears. 

The idea of "gender" disappearing is utopian nonsense sold by charlatans like a completely equal world or Communism. These kooks self-remove themselves from the gene pool. 

Edited by Tibarn

Not too keen on this subject as for me a romantic relationship by definition is b/w a man and a woman .... this is designed by nature because we have to be encouraged to propagate as well 

But since the population is exploding in India, I hope that LGBT activities are promoted. As more people turn to these, the inclination and time to raise kids will reduce, therefore in the long term it will in someway help to further reduce the population growth rate .... If more people turn gay, sexual crimes against women can reduce too  

However, I hope that the next step is to not include poor animals as we can't interpret their consent to such activities 

Edited by zen

On 9/8/2018 at 6:59 PM, MechEng said:

In before Alam Dar comes up with a super rare example, it is natural. In fact coprophagia and cannibalism are natural too if you search hard enough.

Sab natural hai, jo karna hai karo.

I don't think it is natural for humans. Human anus contains so many harmful bacteria.If during prehistoric time cavemen would had screwed anuses then chances are their penises would had caught infection which either kill them or make unfir for sex.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

I don't think it is natural for humans. Human anus contains so many harmful bacteria.If during prehistoric time cavemen would had screwed anuses then chances are their penises would had caught infection which either kill them or make unfir for sex.

well that speculation is clearly false, because plenty of animals have gay sex and if you put their rectal bacterias into their blood-stream, etc. they too would get sick from it. Its not like ducks dont get sepcis.....

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

well that speculation is clearly false, because plenty of animals have gay sex and if you put their rectal bacterias into their blood-stream, etc. they too would get sick from it. Its not like ducks dont get sepcis.....

so does that make it natural?

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

so does that make it natural?

if it exists in nature widely, by default it becomes natural. 
We have no inherent cause to believe it is not natural. 

In that case, why is left-handed-ness not unnatural ? they too occur in nature ( left arm/paw etc dominant or right dominant) and they too, like homosexuality, are in significant minority.