Khaleel Ahmed is probably the biggest takeaway from this tournament for us

Global.Baba

8 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

No need to go flat out on these garbage wickets. I think he bowled well within himself. Was a bit too short initially but bowled much better lengths and is comfortably better than kaul, chahar. The only thing is to see if he can bowl around the wicket line and cramp batsmen. Very good prospect. 

Short is better length on these wickets.  Anything fuller was thrashed yesterday Shehzad.

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

@rkt.india @express bowling @Mosher @Rightarmfast @diehardpacer @Laaloo @speedheat  @zen @Ankit_sharma03 @tweaker@Jimmy Cliff

Ur views?

can he bowl quicker or is this a case of him bowling according to the conditions? If that is the case it is still impressive.

He has ability to bowl quick.As he was not played after his 3 wickets in his debut match, he may be in pressure to hold on his place.

He may be vary of loosing his place & may have to bowl as instructed to Arun, Dhoni & Shastri.

He should not be dropped after this series & should be given all the games possible.

He has all the skills,ie speed, yorker, bouncer, slower balls to succeed.

Only concern is team management does not dent his confidence.

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Short is better length on these wickets.  Anything fuller was thrashed yesterday Shehzad.

Sure. You have to bowl a metre shorter on these wickets and instead of the standard 6m-8m good length you gotta bowl 9m-7m length. Initially Khaleel bowled even shorter than that but he didn't get hit because I think he didn't bowl much to Shahzad who was ruthless on anything overpitched or too short. But he corrected his length and bowled a very high percentage in that area afterwards .

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

@rkt.india @express bowling @Mosher @Rightarmfast @diehardpacer @Laaloo @speedheat  @zen @Ankit_sharma03 @tweaker@Jimmy Cliff

Ur views?

can he bowl quicker or is this a case of him bowling according to the conditions? If that is the case it is still impressive.

their is definitely some talent their 

He needs to keep playing regularly from now on - give him Wi series , A games....keep him with the team

I see him becoming a really good bowler in next 2 yrs  

N yes the conditions are not suitable for fast bowling 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The only thing is to see if he can bowl around the wicket line and cramp batsmen. Very good prospect.

Tbh he is really good at that aspect in fact that's one of his strength, going around the wicket using the crease and cramping the batsman, pace also increases to 140+ when he bowls around the wicket.

6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

My only concern though is his speed is in 135-140K range.

Khaleel bowled a very high percentage of deliveries in the 137 k to 143 k range in his first match ...  with a fastest of 145 k.

In his second match, he has bowled atleast 20 slower deliveries.  Still bowled quite a few deliveries in the 137 k to 143 k range.   And there were quite a few quick bouncers which often register low speeds on speed guns. Moreover, this being a day match in hot conditions must have affected him a bit.

Have seen him bowl  142 k to 148 k overs in domestic T20s. 

And was bowling lots of 143 k to 145 k balls in the only IPL match he played.

However he has shown more brains than Thakur for sure and more aptitude than even Bhuvi

Comes across as a skilled and thinking bowler.  Seems like he knows which balls to bowl when the batsmen are attacking.

He will improve quickly as he is a thinking bowler like Bumrah.  Need to invest in him.

Edited by express bowling

We should try to include pacers who combine pace and  bounce with skills.  

Bumrah is an ideal example and he is doing so well.

Shami qualifies too and he has done well.

Khaleel is another such pacer.   He should get as many chances as possible in ODIs.

We should be on the lookout for other such pacers. Saini, Siraj and Rajpoot may qualify and are ready to play for India.   Mavi, Prasidh should quality too after some time.

It is difficult to believe that we are choosing Kaul, Shardul and Chahar keeping Saini, Siraj and Rajpoot on the bench. (  Siraj in tests and the other two in both tests and ODIs. )

^ I did not see yesterdays game but watched HK match. What impressed me most was his ability to go over and round the wicket and still bowl a line, a legth which was  accurate when the two Hong Kong were going so well.

Not only that, he was also hustling them.

By the look of his action and runup, I do not see any flaw which can invite injury so easy. So he is ready

Edited by mishra

Khaleel  ... Pluses

Good Pace ... can bowl upto 148 k

Good Height of around 6'2"

Natural bounce

Can hit the deck hard

Gets zip off the deck

Seems like a Thinking bowler

Nice run up and action

Looks like an accurate bowler 

Small movement both ways

Left armer

Just 20 years old

Good bouncers

Good yorkers

Good slower balls

Can bowl from round the wicket too

Can bowl cross seam with control

Genuine wicket-taker in A-team games   and List A matches.

Too many pluses to ignore.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He has bowled several deliveries 140+ and he is just 20, also bowling a lot slower than he actually can.

Yes, He looked concentrating on accuracy. But if you see, He is always standing at the end of runup in a flash. To me that means bowler is ready in his mind that what his next delivery going to be.

Dubai is not the place, but what he does with ball in SENA, will be interesting

Here is a video showing Khaleel bowling.

First ball at 148 k.  The screen shows speeds of that over ... 139 k   142 k  147 k  141 k.  

All 3 videos show the steep bounce that he gets ...  and this will make him a handful on most decent pitches.

Watch the following video from 0.42.

Gets a wicket with a vicious bouncer against South Africa - A.   Also observe how far the keeper is standing but still collects the first ball very high.

The next video shows him taking a wicket against the West Indies.

Yes, He looked concentrating on accuracy. But if you see, He is always standing at the end of runup in a flash. To me that means bowler is ready in his mind that what his next delivery going to be.
Dubai is not the place, but what he does with ball in SENA, will be interesting
He's good but I don't think he's not getting a chance until the Boobie retires

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Here is a video showing Khaleel bowling.

First ball at 148 k.  The screen shows speeds of that over ... 139 k   142 k  147 k  141 k.  

All 3 videos show the steep bounce that he gets ...  and this will make him a handful on most decent pitches.

The next video shows him taking a wicket against the West Indies - A team.

This is U19 WC video