Navjot Sidhu demeans South India. Says travelling to Pakistan is a better experience than travelling to South India

DHONI_FANN

43 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

If it is your opinion, then it is fully ok.

Facts are not the same as opinion. 

But if Sidhu has different opinion, then it should also be respected. One has to disagree with him, but coming up with all this dirt is not a healthy behaviour. One should get the full right to express one's opinion without being fearful to be called a traitor or getting other type of hatred. 

In that case, treason is also a matter of opinion. So is murder - its just a matter of 'opinion' on what basis you can kill a person or not. 

And my personal opinion is this that every one come up with some kind of excuses for one's behaviour. If Kashmiri people were not against becoming part of India, then Pakistan would have got ZERO success in Kashmir. Pakistan is successful only while it is the voice of the Kashmiri people too. It is the native Kashmiri Population resistance due to which India has to keep hundred and thousands of troops in Kashmir. 

Having success has nothing to do with whether the kashmiris wanted to be with India or not. Money and religious zealotry can tilt the scales significantly. If Kashmiris were anti-Indians, Kashmir wouldn't be the safest and the hottest tourist destination in India for decades leading up to the late 80s. 

Its the porous border of Kashmir and the inability to quickly respond to a military situation in Kashmir is why India has so many troops there. Pakistan did afterall, try MULTIPLE TIMES to conquer this piece of our land. 

Life is not perfect. Some times compromises bring the better results.

Except i disagree that compromising with Pakistan is going to bring better results. Its akin to compromising with a psychopath. 

Keeping such huge numbers of troops in Kashmir is a load on Indian economy.

Not really. India is not going to disband its army if Kashmir is lost. They are still gonna go sit somewhere. Sure, the few hundreds posted in Siachen costs an extraordinary amount of money, but most of the rest will cost the same, whether sitting in Jammu, Srinagar or Patna. 

Only Pakistan is not loosing, but India is also loosing some thing.

Sure. But we are bigger, stronger and richer. We can take the hits better than Pakistan. This is a mutual choke-hold, with Pakistan being the gorilla and India being the elephant. It hurts, but the elephant will eventually win. 

And if not Pakistan, then any time some 3rd power like China or others could use this situation for them. China is actually already benefiting from it. 
You don't have to agree with me, but I am still of this opinion if any reasonable peaceful solution could be found for Kashmir, then it is best for this region, including India. 

The reasonable peaceful solution to Kashmir begins first and foremost with Pakistan not allowing 'freedom fighters' to train and hide in their part of occupied Kashmir. Before this, there can be no negotiation on the issue with someone who actively funds, trains and shelters terrorists.

You misunserstand me.From his context, he is saying that he can relate culturally more with people across border.And that is absolutely true.

You can say the same about some Bengalis whose roots are in E. Bengal.Culturally they are closer .

Great to hear some ICFers have visited Pakistan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

While we make fun of Sidhu for thinking Pakistan is closer to North India (culturally), while South India is a different country.. These ideas are from Nehru himself. Look at this find.. He thinks South India was a different country. English babu Macaulay scholar thinking about the Aryan Invasion theory.

While we make fun of Sidhu for thinking Pakistan is closer to North India (culturally), while South India is a different country.. These ideas are from Nehru himself. Look at this find.. He thinks South India was a different country. English babu Macaulay scholar thinking about the Aryan Invasion theory.

....and we have outer ring road and a zoo park named after him.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Sidhu is right on this.  He spoke about similarities of Punjab on both sides of the border.  Of course, Punjabis who have share the same language, music, movies, literature, culture, food, historical sites,etc will obviously have more in common with other Punjabis than say Tamils.  Just same like Indian bengalis and Bangladeshis have a lot more in common than say Gujaratis. Or Tamils in general will find lot more in common with Keralites than Punjabis.   I don't think this is demeaning any region.  

WTF does racism come into this?

Edited by PBN