BCCI’s stand on Indo-Pak series is hypocritical: Ehsan Mani

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it is a prerogative of ICC and is a money muncher for ICC.  ICC also wants to earn money and if BCCI starts asking all these things, people will again start calling BCCI=ICC.

ICC wants to make money out of India Pak in its event. BCCI doesnt.

ICC care a damn about how Indian feel everytime their people are killed in their own country by Pakistan. Its blood money

Edited by mishra
12 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Thats why they played twice with them in Asia cup? 2019 WC we are playing again anyway due to the format..so not sure what they had requested

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And lets be honest the contest now is not what it used to be 10 years back with Viru,Tendulkar and co being there and them having Inzi,Yk and co media just hypes it for the sake of it same stuff you are going to hear their bowling vs our batting contests are more or less one sided now despite the hype.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

So are you saying we forget our principles when it comes to ICC events?

Look I despise Pakistan and its state sponsored terrorism too. But I agree that BCCIs stance is hypocritical. If you think Pakistan is killing our soldiers and we should not engage with them in cricket field, stop all matches. It cant be, oh look its an ICC event or an Asia cup...so we have to play. Our media goes gaga about the game, Mamta Banerjee felicitates ex Pak players in Eden Gardens etc etc. But come bilateral we suddenly turn patriotic and think about martyrs.

And if its about not losing points in ICC tournaments by forfeiting the Pak game, why cant BCCI request ICC not to place Ind & Pak in same group? Its a simple request and BCCI has enough clout to make it happen. But they would never do that because its a money maker. Since 2011 WC, every ICC events had Ind-Pak in same group.

Its all about money for BCCI and they are fooling aam hindustani janata. Its far from being a principled stance.

Aim is to hurt Pakistan more than anything else,if we don't play them in ICC they ll get free points. Why shall we give them easy ride. Talking about hypocrite look who is talking , they sponsored terrorism on one hand and on other hand talking abt people to people connect bullshit. And these beggars if they don't need money y they keep bringing this issue all the time.

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Look I despise Pakistan and its state sponsored terrorism too. But I agree that BCCIs stance is hypocritical. If you think Pakistan is killing our soldiers and we should not engage with them in cricket field, stop all matches. It cant be, oh look its an ICC event or an Asia cup...so we have to play. Our media goes gaga about the game, Mamta Banerjee felicitates ex Pak players in Eden Gardens etc etc. But come bilateral we suddenly turn patriotic and think about martyrs.

And if its about not losing points in ICC tournaments by forfeiting the Pak game, why cant BCCI request ICC not to place Ind & Pak in same group? Its a simple request and BCCI has enough clout to make it happen. But they would never do that because its a money maker. Since 2011 WC, every ICC events had Ind-Pak in same group.

Its all about money for BCCI and they are fooling aam hindustani janata. Its far from being a principled stance.

If you can't distinguish between bilateral series, and ICC tournaments, then that's your problem.  

9 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

seems like each upcoming PCB president  rivals the bygone one in  hypocrisy & dumbness

You have to take the guy's interview in the appropriate context.  Its a cyclical thing - there are different factions that jockey for power within the PCB.  And they take turns blaming the 'previous administration' for all that is wrong in Pak cricket.  This guy is now making noise about "constitutional" changes in PCB bla blah, which is just another way to cement power for his faction.   While he's doing that, he needs to make sure that he says the things that Pak audience wants to hear, regarding India and the dispute. 

7 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I don't understand that argument, why should India suffer in ICC tournaments by boycotting its matches against them. ICC tournaments Pakistan is going to get its share with or without India matches in ICC tournements so boycotting those matches wil only hurt India .

Bilateral series Pakistan gets very big chunk if the series is against India and India not playing them in bialateral series hurt Pakistan, that is where PCB needs to get hurt then only Pakistan will behave.

I don't understand that argument, why should India suffer in ICC tournaments by boycotting its matches against them. ICC tournaments Pakistan is going to get its share with or without India matches in ICC tournements so boycotting those matches wil only hurt India .

Bilateral series Pakistan gets very big chunk if the series is against India and India not playing them in bialateral series hurt Pakistan, that is where PCB needs to get hurt then only Pakistan will behave.
Arre bhai...you are missing the point. All I am saying is BCCI to request ICC to keep Ind & Pak in seperate groups. Yes if we meet in knockouts and hv to play, that is different. But I hv never heard BCCI vocal with ICC or ACC for that matter in keeping Indo-Pak in same group. And its happening in every ICC events since 2011 WC.

Arre bhai...you are missing the point. All I am saying is BCCI to request ICC to keep Ind & Pak in seperate groups. Yes if we meet in knockouts and hv to play, that is different. But I hv never heard BCCI vocal with ICC or ACC for that matter in keeping Indo-Pak in same group. And its happening in every ICC events since 2011 WC.

It doesn't matter if we play them in group or knockout,we should play them and make them realize how important India is for them.

They did as mishra bhai posted understand that India Pakistan for Icc is a huge money maker and for broadcasters as well so they were placed in the same group.