King Kohli averages 59 in ODIs now

FischerTal

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Only Virat is special, if you look around every teams top order looks strong. 

Pakistan of all the teams has a top3, all averaging above 50. So stop overrating these guys. 

England easily has the best lineup, even the top order is much much better. 

Pak top 3 stats are misleading, you saw their quality in the recent Asia Cup, equating them with India's top three is not right

18 hours ago, mishra said:

Not really, Thought exactly the same for CT 2017. It all came crashing. It requires just 3 balls. You can not win multi team format with 3 bats. Whole team needs to perform.

So , forget 2019 WC.

Yes whole team needs to perform, but do you really think if top three go out like they did in CT 2017 , you have any chase to score 320 plus anytime.Answer is no and that applies to all team when you top three go out under 20 you stand no chance of chasing anything over 280.

Just now, putrevus said:

Yes whole team needs to perform, but do you really think if top three go out like they did in CT 2017 , you have any chase to score 320 plus anytime.Answer is no and that applies to all team when you top three go out under 20 you stand no chance of chasing anything over 280.

This is incorrect.

Pick any team which have won the world cup and you will see that there were some match winner or near match winner at 3-4-5. The time we won world Cup, We had MSD and Yuvi as our match winners with Raina as one of quick 30-50 run guy.

You need a match winner where we currently are batting Rayudu, and Dhoni. Believe me, I observe it all the time, every top team can and do get atleast 1-2 top wickets each game simply based on planning.

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

This is incorrect.

Pick any team which have won the world cup and you will see that there were some match winner or near match winner at 3-4-5. The time we won world Cup, We had MSD and Yuvi as our match winners with Raina as one of quick 30-50 run guy.

You need a match winner where we currently are batting Rayudu, and Dhoni. Believe me, I observe it all the time, every top team can and do get atleast 1-2 top wickets each game simply based on planning.

What match winner is going to chase 320 plus from 20/3 in any world cup winning team.While I agree  Rayudu and Dhoni are not the answer but I don't think you have any Bevans or Butlers waiting in wings in domestic cricket. You need a solid no4  as I think Pant is going to be okay at no5.Pandya is not to be bad at no6. 

Don't overrate guys like Shaw and Gills.The way Indian team is constructed there are no bowlers who can bat and no batsmen who can bowl so that puts so much pressure on top 3.

England has deepest batting lineup do you think they are going to chase that 360 plus today when 4 wickets went down so early.The answer is no.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What match winner is going to chase 320 plus from 20/3 in any world cup winning team.While I agree  Rayudu and Dhoni are not the answer but I don't think you have any Bevans or Butlers waiting in wings in domestic cricket. You need a solid no4  as I think Pant is going to be okay at no5.Pandya is not to be bad at no6. 

Don't overrate guys like Shaw and Gills.The way Indian team is constructed there are no bowlers who can bat and no batsmen who can bowl so that puts so much pressure on top 3.

England has deepest batting lineup do you think they are going to chase that 360 plus today when 4 wickets went down so early.The answer is no.

I firmly believe that someone like Yuvi Dhoni of 2011 will allways chase down 300+ with modern 2 new ball cricket. Just watch todays game. SL scored 366 against some very decent bowling lineup. England are 48/4 but they will most likely still cross 300, if they dont try to win the game.

We need Kedhar and Shaw in the side. Dhoni out and Pant as W/K. Shaw is not for winning, but I will rather loose with Shaw then choose Rayudu where I know we definitely going to loose

If we dont do it. We wont win it.

22 minutes ago, mishra said:

I firmly believe that someone like Yuvi Dhoni of 2011 will allways chase down 300+ with modern 2 new ball cricket. Just watch todays game. SL scored 366 against some very decent bowling lineup. England are 48/4 but they will most likely still cross 300, if they dont try to win the game.

We need Kedhar and Shaw in the side. Dhoni out and Pant as W/K. Shaw is not for winning, but I will rather loose with Shaw then choose Rayudu where I know we definitely going to loose

If we dont do it. We wont win it.

Crossing 300 and winning are totally different ball games. I don't think Yuvraj or Dhoni are chasing 320 plus from 48/4 in any match forget finals of any world cup or CT .Kedhar is not dropped he is out injured and if fit he will play in world cup.No one said Rayudu is the answer.Like it or not Dhoni is going to be the keeper.

If your top order is gone early you are not winning any knock match chasing huge score.Shaw has whole Australian test series to prove his credentials.

You can't have guy like Raina in this squad becuase you are playing with 5 bowlers.Don't even compare 2011 to this team, they are totally different.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Crossing 300 and winning are totally different ball games. I don't think Yuvraj or Dhoni are chasing 320 plus from 48/4 in any match forget finals of any world cup or CT .Kedhar is not dropped he is out injured and if fit he will play in world cup.No one said Rayudu is the answer.Like it or not Dhoni is going to be the keeper.

If your top order is gone early you are not winning any knock match chasing huge score.Shaw has whole Australian test series to prove his credentials.

He should be inducted against windies in odis.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

No need, let him do well in the format he has been selected. He is playing domestic List A and  he is not lighting up any scores there , let him take his time.

Kohli is actually letting Dhoni, Rayudu, DK and Yuvi take his time. I read some news recently, where Yuvi said he is batting well

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Kohli is actually letting Dhoni, Rayudu, DK and Yuvi take his time. I read some news recently, where Yuvi said he is batting well

Rayudu is stopgap , I wouldn't worry about him at all. If guys like Shaw and KLR lightup the scores in Australian test series they will be contending for those spots, Dhoni is one big headache unless he quits on his own who is going to drop that guy.

If I were Rahul I would have been batting in middle order every chance I got even in domestic cricket but he seems to be very relucant.If he wanted no4 to be his own he needed to do that in my opinion.