Will Modi be biggest loser in Indian history if Rahul Gandhi trumps him in 2019?

Trichromatic

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

Thats just putting bandaid...modi focussed on ground initiatives like jan dhan, electricity,swacch,increasing tax base etc.Anyways, ppl are impatient.Khangress will show what good governance is i suppose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Electricity- I will give him the benefit of doubt here but every state government is taking credit for example in Telangana that is pretty much the selling point for KCR as he takes credit for no power cuts in both urban and rural areas. Congress claims it was their initiatives that current government are reaping benefits, anyways let us give him the benefit of doubt.

Swacch Bharat- I take it you haven’t visited India recently.

Jan Dhan Yojna-getting people into the banking system was one of the biggest victories of this government. Agreed. Infact I will day even the digital currency concept we are way ahead of the west in that regard so that will be what this government will be remembered for.

People were willing to stand in line for Demo or even the invonvinence of submitting a million proofs to get an Adhaar card without which  you can even get a simple pre paid SIM card . Common folk are more than cooperating.

GST doesn’t work without abolishment of income-tax. Half assed implementation again.

The let down is there were no populist initiatives especially after an overwhelming majority. 

SP statue before the Ram Temple did him no favors either. The tourism excuse is bs and everyone knows that. India doesn’t need anything additional to sell tourism. Better management of existing heritage sites would do wonders.

As I said before the common man isn’t as dumb as before. It is wrong to think the anti-Hindu and ghettoized communities are the only ones opposing Modi. There is definetely a frustration especially in the South. After  2014 it looked like BJP’s best bet to make inroads there as people were getting frustrated with these regional

parties but BJP has screwed it up. Now clearly the mandate doesn’t look promising in the Hindi belt either.

Populist moves are required. Shastri,PVN and Vajpayee were the best PM’s this country had but they all got routed badly even though most progress happened under them. 

Modi with the unanimous mandate could have made so many daring decisions be on the Kashmir issue, Ram Temple,uniform civil code etc. he could have focused on ground initiatives on the side as well. Both can be mutually inclusive.

Edited by Global.Baba

4 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Liberal Hindus , Atheists  Muslims,  Christians , Feminists and Dravidian fanatics having a field day. 

you mean the 'non-fundamentalist/chaddi hindus' aka 80% of India ? Sure....

Modi has also demonstrated that he is either a chaddi-dhari himself or a weaker leader than he projects himself to be due to his inability/unwillingness to reign in the chaddi-dharis of his party. 

38 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

BJP did better than congress at all those things. 

What BJP miscalculated, is the support for neo-fascistic hinduvta movement outside of a few areas of the hindi belt. most indians are highly embarassed by our gau-mutra drinking, ' vedic scientist' toting idiot ministers and the loony fringe in BJP. Most Indians are NOT religious fundoos and as such, BJP trying to create a 'hindu saffron wave that goes toe to toe with Islamic fundoos' is whats backfiring. 

BJP became hinduvta nationalists, instead of Indian patriots. And they are slowly starting to wake up to the price they will pay for it. 

Again communal politics is not a new phenomenon. You don’t understand how India works. The guy getting lynched or the guy getting offended by lack of steak is obviously not an existing Vote bank for the BJP and is never going to be one.

It is not that someone wakes up one fine day and is overcome by this guilt and feels responsible for  communal violence and start voting for congress. This might happen say may be 1 in every million cases(being generous). A drop in the ocean.

Dont insult the intelligence of the common public. I see this with the so called intellectuals or NRI’s who start barking on this whole communal angle when it comes to BJP. The common man especially in the cities is much more articulate and has a much more refined decision making process when it comes to voting.

I am surprised you only came across people still accusing Brahmin priests or having archaic view points of the society because people have a much better pulse on what is going on and can think for themselves these days. They focus on how decision making of the government impacts them and act with common sense rather than this whole religious and communal angle. 

Edited by Global.Baba

17 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Yogi Adityanath should be the face of BJP in 2019

He has been a let down to.

He promised better law and order and after becoming a terror for criminals for sometimes....he has gone back to the usual rss type bullshit.

He has disappointed.

39 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Again communal politics is not a new phenomenon. You don’t understand how India works. The guy getting lynched or the guy getting offended by lack of steak is obviously not an existing Vote bank for the BJP and is never going to be one.

Bud, i get how Indian politics work, given how politically involved some members of my family are. Communal politics is not a new phenomenon. the 'IN-YO-FACE' out in the open, headline-grabbing communal politics from grassroots-up is a new phenomenon. Congressi communal politics is more insidious and better for optics and optics matter. Its just that simple. 

It is not that someone wakes up one fine day and is overcome by this guilt and feels responsible for  communal violence and start voting for congress. This might happen say may be 1 in every million cases(being generous). A drop in the ocean.

well, a lot of Indians are scared of the saffron-chaddis beating their 'patit pawan siya raam' narrative openly. THAT is what people are getting scared of. BJP bhakts telling people how to dress, what to eat, making too much fuss about temples, making idiotic gau-mutra and vedic 'science' statements, etc etc. People are seeing the fundamentalist side of hinduism out in the open with BJP and as i said, most hindus are moderate hindus, especially outside the hindi belt and they are tilting away slowly. 

Dont insult the intelligence of the common public. I see this with the so called intellectuals or NRI’s who start barking on this whole communal angle when it comes to BJP. The common man especially in the cities is much more articulate and has a much more refined decision making process when it comes to voting.

Yep. Which is why the common man is getting slowly scared of the saffron wave politics. 

I am surprised you only came across people still accusing Brahmin priests or having archaic view points of the society because people have a much better pulse on what is going on and can think for themselves these days. They focus on how decision making of the government impacts them and act with common sense rather than this whole religious and communal angle. 

tell that to the BJP who have practically every other day statements from their chaddi-dharis in the vein of 'haw haw hindus are so great, gau mutra haw haw, vedic science haw haw, dress conservative haw haw' idiocies. 

31 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Only if you want to make sure that BJP becomes a fully fascistic hindu party that appeals to hindi belt first, hindus second and everyone else is a second class citizen. Adityanath makes a good case for why India should follow the civilized world and ban religious dresses from government. Man is a walking, talking embarassment to India and history of Hinduism.

Making this fundamentalist party leader is tacit admission of defeat to Congress/Mahagatbandhan forever. 

Edited by Muloghonto

15 minutes ago, beetle said:

Modi losing to the clown will be worse than Hillary loses to Trump.

Yep. Trump knows how to manipulate an audience excellently - in that respect he is far closer to Modi than Pappu. Plus Trump and Hillary were on level playing field, with both wanting to be first time in power. Modi is an incumbent and has all the advantage. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

Electricity- I will give him the benefit of doubt here but every state government is taking credit for example in Telangana that is pretty much the selling point for KCR as he takes credit for no power cuts in both urban and rural areas. Congress claims it was their initiatives that current government are reaping benefits, anyways let us give him the benefit of doubt.

Swacch Bharat- I take it you haven’t visited India recently.

Jan Dhan Yojna-getting people into the banking system was one of the biggest victories of this government. Agreed. Infact I will day even the digital currency concept we are way ahead of the west in that regard so that will be what this government will be remembered for.

People were willing to stand in line for Demo or even the invonvinence of submitting a million proofs to get an Adhaar card without which  you can even get a simple pre paid SIM card . Common folk are more than cooperating.

GST doesn’t work without abolishment of income-tax. Half assed implementation again.

The let down is there were no populist initiatives especially after an overwhelming majority. 

SP statue before the Ram Temple did him no favors either. The tourism excuse is bs and everyone knows that. India doesn’t need anything additional to sell tourism. Better management of existing heritage sites would do wonders.

As I said before the common man isn’t as dumb as before. It is wrong to think the anti-Hindu and ghettoized communities are the only ones opposing Modi. There is definetely a frustration especially in the South. After  2014 it looked like BJP’s best bet to make inroads there as people were getting frustrated with these regional

parties but BJP has screwed it up. Now clearly the mandate doesn’t look promising in the Hindi belt either.

Populist moves are required. Shastri,PVN and Vajpayee were the best PM’s this country had but they all got routed badly even though most progress happened under them. 

Modi with the unanimous mandate could have made so many daring decisions be on the Kashmir issue, Ram Temple,uniform civil code etc. he could have focused on ground initiatives on the side as well. Both can be mutually inclusive.

The biggest let down of Modi Govt was Jobs and farmers not getting adequate price for production. You can easily visit labour chowk Delhi , NCR and see that on any bad day they even agree to 250 daily wage , standard rate is 300. This is even worse than 2013-14 when 400-500 was average daily wage rate. 

33 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Yogi who ? Let him show some results in UP first. Needs to win thundering majorities for 2 terms rather than be anointed as the holy one because of the color of his robe. 

In general, too much is being made of state elections. Don't park anti-incumbency in MP/CH & Raje's term as well as history of Rajasthan's state elections before giving verdict on 2019. BJP may not get 272 but they can manage it better to score ~200+ and NDA getting to 272.

Bjp mouthpieces are hell bent to destroy Modi.

so today they are telling that Urjit Patel increased CRR requirement and still not ready to budge despite value increased to 36 trillion from 14 trillion.

why the eff they are not questioning Birala finance and Urjit patel and Congress nexus

When I see behaviour of Indian friends here at this forum, then I completely loose any hope for Pakistan. 

Indian friends at this forum are so much educated, but still religion successfully compels them to vote for BJP. If such thing could happen to educated Indian Hindu people, then Pakistanis are much less educated and religion of Islam has much bigger capability of brainwashing. 

India needs to be the lightening STAR in our region for democracy, human rights, Secularism, love and peace, so that other countries could follow the path of India. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Bud, i get how Indian politics work, given how politically involved some members of my family are. Communal politics is not a new phenomenon. the 'IN-YO-FACE' out in the open, headline-grabbing communal politics from grassroots-up is a new phenomenon. Congressi communal politics is more insidious and better for optics and optics matter. Its just that simple. 

well, a lot of Indians are scared of the saffron-chaddis beating their 'patit pawan siya raam' narrative openly. THAT is what people are getting scared of. BJP bhakts telling people how to dress, what to eat, making too much fuss about temples, making idiotic gau-mutra and vedic 'science' statements, etc etc. People are seeing the fundamentalist side of hinduism out in the open with BJP and as i said, most hindus are moderate hindus, especially outside the hindi belt and they are tilting away slowly. 

Yep. Which is why the common man is getting slowly scared of the saffron wave politics. 

tell that to the BJP who have practically every other day statements from their chaddi-dharis in the vein of 'haw haw hindus are so great, gau mutra haw haw, vedic science haw haw, dress conservative haw haw' idiocies. 

At best statements like Vedic science etc become social media memes. They don’t sway voters or impact the elections at all.

If someone agrees with the whole Sabarimala for women moment in Kerala they will suddenly not start voting for the communist party.  Similarly people who are against it will not start voting for BJP in another state like say a neighboring state like TN either.

I recently spoke to an Auto driver in Hyderabad as expected he was anti-BJP and anti-Modi but also he didn’t hold Owaisi in high regard. He was voting for TRS because he thought their schemes benefitted him. I was really impressed the way he articulated his political opinions.

I may agree or disagree with him but I respect his individuality. That might be an isolated example for the sake of this discussion but there are plenty such examples.

The whole beef controversy or some fringe groups harassing couples on Valentine’s Day make for good spicy headlines and sure they exist but they don’t have a huge impact on the voters Pshyce. Also this kind of anarchy exists regardless of who the ruling party is and has nothing to do with the BJP. This should be approached  as a law and order menace rather than a political one.

Nobody buys random propaganda that BJP will kill all Muslims or congress will bring back the Mughal Raj in this day and age. If Rahul Gandhi becomes PM maybe a repeat of Tughlaq Raj though lol.

I see this as a lazy argument for criticizing the BJP. As you are seeing on this thread and others people who vehemently defend Modi are Ponting out some of his failures as well.

Go to a village and you will see unemployed people playing cards and smoking tobacco and discussing politics and they will make such articulate points that will put some of us just giving opinions in black and white and regurgitating popular media arguments as facts to shame.