Will Modi be biggest loser in Indian history if Rahul Gandhi trumps him in 2019?

Trichromatic

11 hours ago, beetle said:

Why do you feel religion compelled people to vote for bjp.

We are not very religious and don't care.

People like us vote for development that helps the country. The only religious  aspect to it was that bjp would be able to control the islamic fundoos who were given a free reign under the previous govt.

But that does not mean people will tolerate bjo giving a free reign to hindu fundoos .

That is the difference they do not understand ,specially in terms of votes.

I can understand that many sane and educated people voted for BJP while they saw no other choice and congress is worse. 

But the thing which disturbs me is this still there are many educated people, who supports the extremist policies of BJP. We can even see these educated people here too, and these are the people who confuse me. And ultimately I come to this conclusion that these people are in majority in BJP as compared to the sane people, and thus BJP turned into it what we today. 

Congress never appealed me while I see their corruption, and I see their only family politics, which is not limited only to Gandhi family, but there are many many leaders which are passing political roles to their younger generations and don't letting others come to the power. This means that BASE of congress is corrupt and thus no good will come out of congress. 

This same problem of "BASE" is also attached with BJP, which is the communal part and religious part. And when base is corrupt, then hopes are not high that anything good could come out of it. 

I like the ideology of AAP. They may have other problems (mainly due to their inexperience), but at least their base seems to be sound. I wonder why sane people don't see AAP as alternative to these 2 old parties? 

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

The majority has given a feeler before the next year elections that they are unhappy. Whatever the reasons for majority shifting  towards congress, now it is all upto BJP to do actually address people issues. 

What is the in depth analysis of the election results?

Did Congress get MORE votes than the previous elections? Or it is the BJP which got LESS votes? 

There is one thing that people didn't vote for BJP, while other thing is people shifted to to Congress and voted for it. If this shift has taken place, then it is alarming. 

27 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I don't know abut Singh Bling. But I am interested in AAP and want to know how they are doing in Delhi and other states. What are their problems/mistakes which is keeping them back. 

AAP Started as party doing alternate politics with few leaders grown from Anna movement but Arvind Kejriwal became the sole leader and others were kicked out of the party . From 2014 they just joined league of just one more anti Modi party. Apart from Delhi and Punjab they hardly have any presence. The sychopathy of Kejriwal and his fans just ruined it as a viable national option. 

On 12/11/2018 at 4:41 AM, Lannister said:

Modi, why don't you impose some more Hindi on us. You will soon find yourself serving tea on roads in Gujarat. This is one of the drawbacks of electing illiterates. After the dark days of Congress rule for over 10 years, now we have no choice but to go back to it. 

one more of BJP self goals..hindi imposition. next one is the beef ban and the lynchings. 

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

So If one is against Modi he should be bhakt of Kejri or Rahul? 

There is just 2 options. Congress or BJP. So everyone will be falling in that category.

anyone else thinking that there is a third option at national level is like Bermuda thinking they will get test playing status in nxt 5 years

1 hour ago, mishra said:

There is just 2 options. Congress or BJP. So everyone will be falling in that category.

anyone else thinking that there is a third option at national level is like Bermuda thinking they will get test playing status in nxt 5 years

Well given Congress's track record with corruption & nepotism, if BJP can eliminate the VHP chaddi-brigade, then its pretty much a no-contest in favor of BJP. 
Surprised that BJP hasn't realized this yet in the golden window of opportunity to set itself up as the party India can look towards for growth & development. Instead, BJP has done nothing to stop its image turning into the Hinduvta party...

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Well given Congress's track record with corruption & nepotism, if BJP can eliminate the VHP chaddi-brigade, then its pretty much a no-contest in favor of BJP. 
 Surprised that BJP hasn't realized this yet in the golden window of opportunity to set itself up as the party India can look towards for growth & development. Instead, BJP has done nothing to stop its image turning into the Hinduvta party...

+1. How UPA ruled for 10 years, BJP should have rolled them over in 2019 elections. But instead of that they will be struggling to get majority against a party which is at their weakest level. Only BJP has to be blamed for that and no one else.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

+1. How UPA ruled for 10 years, BJP should have rolled them over in 2019 elections. But instead of that they will be struggling to get majority against a party which is at their weakest level. Only BJP has to be blamed for that and no one else.

i think BJP tried to be PC principal ..

people wanted to see the  scamsters to be punished , but nothing happened in that front ..

also their own voter base suffered more  because of demo 

12 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

What is the in depth analysis of the election results?

Did Congress get MORE votes than the previous elections? Or it is the BJP which got LESS votes? 

There is one thing that people didn't vote for BJP, while other thing is people shifted to to Congress and voted for it. If this shift has taken place, then it is alarming. 

In every election the deciding factor is who the rural population votes for.  As per 2018 census the urban population is minority in count (34%). Rural population is the majority and who they vote for decides the results across much more constituencies rather than who the people living in urban areas vote for. Also given this population distribution, if ruling parties do not keep the rural people happy, they are doomed for failure. That is why we see loan waivers to farmers. 

Any party looking to win the 2019 elections will have no option but to concentrate on the rural population issues this time as well.  Keep them happy the results will be good.  The urban people have very little say in the bigger picture of deciding the result because it is massively out numbered. Industries have to be started in urban areas to provide more jobs and to raise the income of low income group in those areas. Agriculture is a major profession there and as such needs proper analysis and reforms. Try all the ways and prove to  rural people that it's not case of rich getting rich and poor getting poor. 

BJP have been more successful in tackling NPA due to fraud managements of various Indian companies.  At least banks have recovered 30% of principal outstanding or more in some cases.  Now there is more clarity on actual available money and decisions can be taken by analyzing it.  Previously money just existed on books of bank which misguided reformers resulting in wrong or failed reforms.  The others strengths of BJP have been almost no riots, no blasts or attacks by terrorist in major cities.  In fact URI was a great counter attacking measure. Having said that , the country just does not progresses by avoiding few deadly attacks or bringing back loan repayment of50,000 crores to 1,50,000 crores. Economic reforms have to be there and lack of those will result in unemployment in urban areas and the poor in rural areas becoming much more poor.  Unemployment is at all time high.  BJP has to sort that  out. Otherwise the urban people will also shift towards congress or other small parties. Majority bought BJP to power in last decade of 19th century, they were not happy and again voted for congress. People were fed up with congress again and majority voted for BJP.  Now again there are signs of majority drifting towards congress and the majority may again remove BJP out of power as they removed out congress.  The signs are telling so BJP cannot be as complacent as they were 5 years back. Then majority people were fed up with congress now majority may be fed up with BJP. 

In simplistic way, if majority realize they have been fooled they will show the politicians their power during election day.  Also, once majority realize the government has under-performed they will throw them away from power. It's not about congress or BJP. Majority has thrown away both parties many a times now. Indian majority is not Indian cricket teams selectors who will keep picking non-performers. They are performance oriented. That's the right way, sack the non performing government if it has under performed irrespective of whether it is Congress or BJP.  Only then the parties will give importance to perform and we will actually see a "Shining India". 

Edited by Straight Drive

3 hours ago, velu said:

i think BJP tried to be PC principal ..

people wanted to see the  scamsters to be punished , but nothing happened in that front ..

also their own voter base suffered more  because of demo 

So A created problem. People voted to B. Now people vote A because B failed to resolve Issues created by A within Bs five years.

Never going to happen

Fyi, before election, Rahul claimed within 10 days They will give farmers relief of all the loan.

As soon as he won the election, He said, farmers loan issue can not be adressed in terms of relief.

Matlab **** hit reality. To me, maintaining poverty and poor education is in the interest of Congress to stay in power.

Atleast guys like Yogi faught and delivered the relief as per promise

Edited by mishra

On 12/11/2018 at 4:41 AM, Lannister said:

Modi, why don't you impose some more Hindi on us. You will soon find yourself serving tea on roads in Gujarat. This is one of the drawbacks of electing illiterates. After the dark days of Congress rule for over 10 years, now we have no choice but to go back to it. 

Do you cut your nose to spite your face? 

Modi government did a lot of good work in the ground especially with the yojnas. Electricity,digitalisation,clean India,road construction have been the top priority for this government and they did well in that .

I know some people are a bit angry with Modi as he promised a lot and also the tax structure and gst but they are not "that upset" yet to vote for that dolt rahul .

Modi made a mistake and should have gone full populist mode in the last 1 year with loan waivers(which I disagree ), tax exemption ,subsidies etc jo logo ke bheje me ghusta hai just for jumla politics and goodwill but he might have to pay for not going that way