Australian commentators insult Mayank Agarwal and Ranji Trophy

tweaker

C’mon man, don’t jump on playing the race card. Just because a white man says something that is off-color does not mean he has racist intent. The crowd chant yes, but not the commie. I find O’Keffe unfunny but he has a lot of compliments for Indian players and knows a lot about Indian cricket from yesteryears. 

It it is very easy to throw the race card, many a times Indian fans and/or crowd have said racist things. It’s not like we don’t have discrimination in India based religion, color, caste, gender, etc.

Edited by Audiophile
33 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

C’mon man, don’t jump on playing the race card. Just because a white man says something that is off-color does not mean he has racist intent. The crowd chant yes, but not the commie. I find O’Keffe unfunny but he has a lot of compliments for Indian players and knows a lot about Indian cricket from yesteryears. 

It it is very easy to throw the race card, many a times Indian fans and/or crowd have said racist things. It’s not like we don’t have discrimination in India based religion, color, caste, gender, etc.

Racist. Just kidding. Kerry O'Keefe is funny but he was trying to be funny in this case and didn't work out. I liked him and Bhogle doing radio commentary in our previous tours. I guess you are right that he knows the Indian cricket from the past. I mean how would an aussie know about Jalandhar. Most Aussies wouldn't have known the city.

Having said that, the section of the Melbourne crowd was definitely racist. Bay 13 was famously known for being uncultured, trashy and drunk. And even the Mumbai crowd who yelled Monkey chants on Symonds was also racist. That's why Harbhajan was accused of racism for his maa ki which was interpreted as monkey.

Tracer bullet gone senile no more bullet in his sledges. Shaz wants O'Keefe to open a canteen, Mayank to test the coffee so that Shaz can drink it. He needs it more than Mayank to compensate for his overnight drinking session spilling into early morning. Have a cuppa Shaz. That's all I could interpret from his "sledge" :phehe:

Edited by Real McCoy

Giving back is art,now a days every Tom,dick and Harry is trying to be Seinfeld vomiting nonsense things.

Shashtri's remark doesnt make a sense even for a person under alcohol influence. This O'Keefe chapter needs to be closed,Either give it back indirectly the way Kohli and Bumrah did or do nothing like Rohit did to Paine.

Edited by Bigg Brother
1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

We are a very racist nation.

We pass of a lot of discrimination in the name of culture and tradition and a whole lot of people seem pretty proud of it.

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Making fun of names on social forums is different from making fun of names on air.. I've never heard any Indian commentator say L ungans or call names at Lankan/Bangla players

Didn't the guy with the turbin that makes ridicilous methaphors (don't really remember his name) compare the BD boys to cockroaches and got fired from the commentary pannel during the 2011 WC?

Every country has their nutbags who thinks they are too smart for their own good. Deal with it.

Also this current drama is being blown way out of proportion. The guy made a terrible joke to which no one laughed at. Hardly call it racist. 

8 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Didn't the guy with the turbin that makes ridicilous methaphors (don't really remember his name) compare the BD boys to cockroaches and got fired from the commentary pannel during the 2011 WC?

Every country has their nutbags who thinks they are too smart for their own good. Deal with it.

Also this current drama is being blown way out of proportion. The guy made a terrible joke to which no one laughed at. Hardly call it racist. 

Its good that he was fired. Horrible comment that was. O'keefe's joke was laughed at by Shane Warne and co. I guess the standard of commentary has gone down in Aus too. Slater, Healy being the worst. They are not racist they are just sh1t

Among South Asians, Indopaks in general are very sensitive and don't have thick skin. Lankans on the other hand seem to take banter much better. Bangladeshis don't understand the banter in the first place so there's no question of getting offended. 

It's really not a big deal. Some of our guys need to grow up and learn how to take a joke. 

Edited by JourneyMan

45 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Its good that he was fired. Horrible comment that was. O'keefe's joke was laughed at by Shane Warne and co. I guess the standard of commentary has gone down in Aus too. Slater, Healy being the worst. They are not racist they are just sh1t

You're right on the money! Seems like anything that's not politically correct that pops out of a white man's mouth is considered as RACIST these days. Infact, brown people are some of the worst racist c*nts I have seen in my life. Not to mention with their own god damn people. Just take OP as an example. Literally says we make fun but when it comes from a white mans mouth, it sounds racist. If you're showing to the world that we are a racist nation, don't be offended when they repeat what you just slurred from your mouth.

A racist sounds like this - I remember watching a highlight of a match between SA V PAK that took place sometimes back in the 2000's. Out of nowhere, you hear Harshel Gibbs spit out something like "You f'ing P*kis, f'ing zoo animals" which the mic on field picks up- this is what racism sounds like. Not who names their kids x y and z. Snowflakes man, bunch of snowflakes.

This example stuck because this nutbag is a talk person in a pakistani cricket show called game on hai. What a POS. Racist against them, but goes their for their money, lol.

Edited by Zero_Unit
4 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

You're right on the money! Seems like anything that's not politically correct that pops out of a white man's mouth is considered as RACIST these days. Infact, brown people are some of the worst racist c*nts I have seen in my life. Not to mention with their own god damn people. Just take OP as an example. Literally says we make fun but when it comes from a white mans mouth, it sounds racist. If you're showing to the world that we are a racist nation, don't be offended when they repeat what you just slurred from your mouth.

A racist sounds like this - I remember watching a highlight of a match between SA V PAK that took place sometimes back in the 2000's. Out of nowhere, you hear Harshel Gibbs spit out something like "You f'ing P*kis, f'ing zoo animals" - this is what racism sounds like. Not who names their kids x y and z. Snowflakes man, bunch of snowflakes.

Are you an Aussie. What do you say about allegations of Roshan Mahanama when Glenn McGrath called Sanath Jayasuriya a monkey and later clarified that he referred to him as a spider monkey because he keeps moving across the crease. What do you say about Allan Border who is purported to have called the great Sir Viv Richards a black b@stard. And about the Aussie player who seems to have called Moeen Ali as Osama just last year. Are these victims snowflakes as well.

29 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Are you an Aussie. What do you say about allegations of Roshan Mahanama when Glenn McGrath called Sanath Jayasuriya a monkey and later clarified that he referred to him as a spider monkey because he keeps moving across the crease. What do you say about Allan Border who is purported to have called the great Sir Viv Richards a black b@stard. And about the Aussie player who seems to have called Moeen Ali as Osama just last year. Are these victims snowflakes as well.

Bro, wtf are you talking about? Did you read any of my statement? Might want to give it a read and then quote me.  Literally agreed with your prevous statement. 

P.S it's really interesting to see how people's mind set works. I was called out as a BDeshi because I am a fan of their team - as if it's a crime. Was even critisized as a Pakistani at one point because I was critical with some members on using the term P*ki. Now, an Aussi. Next will be a lankan since Sangakara was my all time fav player? I have Been around on this forum for so many years, still sounds funny to this day. LOL

Edited by Zero_Unit
7 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Unfortunately White man and not white man hasnt got the same history. 

They have been enslaved, sold as commodity, treated worse then commodity, murdered, suffered racial eradication simply because they were not white.Their land homes taken away, forget that, even historical rights taken away and texts deleted from history.For example, American/Australian become “Native” while “Invaders” and mass murderes became “American” or Australian

So, its not same thing. Not that kerry or anyone falls in above category but people in media needs to learn the point of view of non whites and least they cand do is be aware of sensitivity .

Edited by mishra

It's not just Ranji that the youngsters are exposed to these days.  It's all about adapting to different conditions and those frequent A tours for all ages gives these players tremendous exposure and experience in various conditions.  IMO, this is the real difference.  Someone like Shaw and co have surely benefited from continuous A tours.  Kudos to BCCI and think tank for these numerous tours

Edited by PBN