Shastri 1-0 ICF !!!

velu

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Yes, beating a team without its two best batters makes Shastri right. 

This is what i absolutely fail to understand, Indian fans are doing anything and everything to belittle Indian win. 

Please go back and revisit scorecard of '04 series when aussies finally beat us at home. I think sachin missed a few games and then ganguly was banned . Aussies called it winning the final frontier there was no BS xyz from Indian team was missing. 

Come on buddy enjoy our hopefully first series win in Australia 

Him and Kohli wouldn’t have changed the team if some senior and most patience people like Gavaskar wouldn’t have voiced the opinion that this was last series and captain and coach must be held accountable.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.republicworld.com/amp/sports-news/cricket-news/someone-has-to-be-held-accountable-sunil-gavaskar-issue-warning-to-virat-kohli-ravi-shastri.html%3fv=5.8.21

So if anything, the duo are responsible for all the losses and brainfart selections.

12 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

So glad you arent selecting next coach. 

So sad that you are drinking the kool-aid. He is a free loader, there are far better coaches out there. Perth test was lost partly because of his Phuck up, not to say the blunders in Eng and SA where he did not help out the kaptaan.

Edited by Audiophile
7 hours ago, maniac said:

I think most Indian fans are dreading Shastri’s gloating despite being a free loader even though we all want India to win . It is one thing if Virat goes absolutely crazy with in your face because he has earned it as a player at least but Shastri yuck doesn’t deserve anything.

This.

I've been a very committed loyal Indian cricket fan for couple of decades now, through thick and thin.

I find Shastri repulsive and do not want him to be associated with Indian cricket team in any way.

Quite different from wanting India to lose because Shastri is the coach.

19 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Yes, beating a team without its two best batters makes Shastri right. 

combined with the fact that India have been number 1 for the past 2.5 years post this series , I think its fair to acknowledge that Shastri despite his flaws is certainly not as bad as the arm chair experts of ICF make him out to be.

38 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

combined with the fact that India have been number 1 for the past 2.5 years post this series , I think its fair to acknowledge that Shastri despite his flaws is certainly not as bad as the arm chair experts of ICF make him out to be.

What exactly are Shastri’s contributions?

We have a batting,bowling,fielding coach.

batting apart from Kohli and maybe Pujara everyone has in fact regressed be it Vijay,Rahul or Rahane. Don’t think Shastri or Bangar has an impact there. Kohli is Kohli and Pujara did his own work.

Bowling has improved. but guys like Ishant and even Ashwin had a semi-resurgence due to county stints. Still the Xfactor  is Bumrah. Take him out and we will still struggle probably.

Fielding is still a mixed bag especially slip catching.

Let us say he is proactive in training drills and innovative coaching methods. Even they are cancelled 90% of the time.

He is not involved in selections due to his role like say Strauss was.

Pretty much everyone is carrying niggles, so there goes the fitness theory

Team selections have had gaping holes which cost us games

What exactly does man-management mean?

what do you think is Shastri’s contribution?

46 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

India have been number 1 despite him and not because of him. This is such a ridiculous line of reason that keeps getting repeated. It's like saying Sreesanth can't have been bad in WC 2011 final because we won the match and WC. Right place, right time that is it. His (and Kohli's) decisions in the SA series were the reason we didn't win our first ever series there.

Useless contributor to team success. He does more harm than good. The team has won not because of him, but in spite of him , speaks volumes of this team. He dropped Pujara from tests for god's sake. How can he take the credit for his success.

He's the coach because of the way he massages kohli's ego (or d*k) I should say..

Yeh Dekho. I want to slap him for the bolded parts. He says all the wrong things, does all wrong things and he's there to just talk up and fire blanks as in his talk.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25702834/world-cup-winners-kohli-shastri-rate-australia-win-higher

Shastri, though, continued to be caustic. He was asked if he would like to share this success with captains who - from Lala Amarnath to MS Dhoni - tried their best to win in Australia but couldn't. "Past is history, future is a mystery," Shastri said. "Okay? We have won today after 71 years, I'd like to live in the present. And salute my captain for being the captain of the team that beat Australia for the first time in Australia in a series."

When talking about the satisfaction of winning this series, Shastri again referenced teams from the past, and also said Kohli shows more passion for Test cricket than any other captain in the world.

"I don't think anyone plays Test cricket with more passion than he [Kohli] does," Shastri said. "At least I don't see any other international captain coming close to him on the field when it comes to showing that passion needed to play the game. He is very expressive, which is different to others. Other captains could have different personalities but Virat is someone who is in your face and it rubs off on all the youngsters who are watching the game in India. His team-mates watch him, they want to emulate him. And to believe that they can be someone like him who can go out there and strive for excellence.

"So when an individual puts his neck on the line as captain then the others follow. And you have seen that transition happening over the last two-three years where guys in the team have become more and more confident, about their own ability and the ability of the team as well and it's made all the difference. I said in Melbourne - I think I mentioned people taking pot shots and firing blanks. I wasn't joking there, because I knew how hard this team had worked. When you fire from there, by the time it crosses the southern hemisphere, it's blown away by the wind like a tracer bullet. But lead with something in it can be pretty serious. And that's what we have fired right through the series against Australia. We were committed, and it jolly well made a bloody difference at the end of it all.

"This is not a team of gods or demigods, seniors or juniors. This is an Indian cricket team that will jump over a cliff to win a match for the country. And that's the determination, that's the ruthlessness, that's the mindset with which this team went to play in this series. And hats off to them to show that courage. Today I can say I am proud of my boys and I can also tell them one thing which Virat touched in the presentation - that this team now has an identity to look at any other Indian team from the past in the eye and say, 'We play proper Test match cricket. You did, we did too,' without being intimidated."