Who was true batting MoM for India in 2011 WC final?

WC 2011 Final MoM  

51 members have voted

1. 1. WC 2011 Final MoM

• Gautam Gambhir
    • MS Dhoni

Gambhir did all the hard work and steered India out of trouble.

At 31/2 SL were favorites.

When MS came we needed 160 in 29 overs (5.5 rpo)7 wickets in hand. I would say the game was 65-35 in India's favor.

Laughable to say that it needed some special finishing ability of Dhoni after Gambhir got out.

50 needed at less than run a ball with 6 wickets in hand. We would win that 9 out of 10 times.

Both of the knocks were  more or less equally important . But I would say Gambhir's knock was a bit upfront.He came at 0/1 and soon score was 31/2. Dhoni's too was important because he came before Yuvraj to counter Murali which was  another crucial moment of the match.Yuvraj would have found it difficult to score of Murali and would have got out  and then the match would have gone in SL's favour.Dhoni arrested that  possibility by coming up the order. So his knock too was very important, Yet Ghambir's  by a whisker because of the hopeless situation  from which he dragged India out of.

All will be said and done and will be forever debated but no one would deny- Gambhir won two world cup finals for us.

Fking beast of a champion. Also the highest scorer when India won tri series in Australia  in 07/08.

He should have been picked in the middle order for the 2007 world cup too. He was going through crazy form and won Delhi Ranji trophy that season too. Too bad they picked him after the world cup when India got knocked out early. 

Then one fine day Gambhir makes some comment which sickulars don't like and they attack him and call him a failed cricketer.

It really hurts me to read such comments. He was a champion player who actually contributed to win meaningful titles.

Nothing against Dhoni but here we are, both Dhoni and Gambhir manufactured WC final win. One has a movie made with that as the great climax and is forever immortalized and the other guys contribution is already forgotten and is called a failed cricketer.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

Both of the knocks were  more or less equally important . But I would say Gambhir's knock was a bit upfront.He came at 0/1 and soon score was 31/2. Dhoni's too was important because he came before Yuvraj to counter Murali which was  another crucial moment of the match.Yuvraj would have found it difficult to score of Murali and would have got out  and then the match would have gone in SL's favour.Dhoni arrested that  possibility by coming up the order. So his knock too was very important, Yet Ghambir's  by a whisker because of the hopeless situation  from which he dragged India out of.

Ghanta yuvraj would have struggled against murali. Yuvraj faced and conquered much worse conditions and bowlers before the final where dhoni laid eggs after eggs. That's bollocks. If dhoni really wanted to arrest the responsibility, he would have came after Sachin got out instead of sending a noob like Kohli. But just like the rest of his career dhoni is only promoted in easy situations.

It's obvious that people don't have more love for Gambhir for his inning, it's just that they have more hate for Dhoni for his inning. Firing shots from shoulders of Gambhir. Sad for the fact that Dhoni played one of the most memorable inning of Indian cricket history. 

19 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Ghanta yuvraj would have struggled against murali. Yuvraj faced and conquered much worse conditions and bowlers before the final where dhoni laid eggs after eggs. That's bollocks. If dhoni really wanted to arrest the responsibility, he would have came after Sachin got out instead of sending a noob like Kohli. But just like the rest of his career dhoni is only promoted in easy situations.

Sad after seeing this pic?

Image result for dhoni world cup six

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

It's obvious that people don't have more love for Gambhir for his inning, it's just that they have more hate for Dhoni for his inning. Firing shots from shoulders of Gambhir. Sad for the fact that Dhoni played one of the most memorable inning of Indian cricket history. 

Sad after seeing this pic?

Image result for dhoni world cup six

:yawn2:

7 hours ago, Laaloo said:

as if it was a cake walk when Dhoni arrived at the crease!!!!!!!!! India still had 161 runs to get in mere 170 balls  , that too in a big final like that. I am a  lot confused really w.r.t some of  the thought process going on here. Dhoni promoting himself to hog the limelight !!!!!!! Don't know whether as to  laugh or cry when hearing statements like these. That was  the biggest of all occasions mate ........

That was simply not the moment  to play these type of cheap  self centered antics . Every run was so important. Hats off to the man  who promoted himself  up the order and  lead from the front . Yuvraj might have conquered worser conditions , but he clearly had problems in general facing spinners especially at the start of his inns , till that  time.Still remember Brag hogg making him look like a pedestrian in AUS which virtually ended his test career.So credit where it is due. 

20 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

as if it was a cake walk when Dhoni arrived at the crease!!!!!!!!! India still had 161 runs to get in mere 170 balls  , that too in a big final like that. I am a  lot confused really w.r.t some of  the thought process going on here. Dhoni promoting himself to hog the limelight !!!!!!! Don't know whether as to  laugh or cry when hearing statements like these. That was  the biggest of all occasions mate ........

That was simply not the moment  to play these type of cheap  self centered antics . Every run was so important. Hats off to the man  who promoted himself  up the order and  lead from the front . Yuvraj might have conquered worser conditions , but he clearly had problems in general facing spinners especially at the start of his inns , till that  time.Still remember Brag hogg making him look like a pedestrian in AUS which virtually ended his test career.So credit where it is due. 

That was just hate for Dhoni speaking and nothing else.

They will pretend that Dhoni walked in when 20 runs were needed. Everything was set and they had to just play out.

Dhoni deserved MoM and rightly got it. Hate for a particular IPL franchise/region doesn't change anything.

53 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

They will pretend that Dhoni walked in when 20 runs were needed. Everything was set and they had to just play out.

Dhoni deserved MoM and rightly got it. Hate for a particular IPL franchise/region doesn't change anything.

yes ... shows the levels people can stoop into for winning in tit for tat debates.

3 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

yes ... shows the levels people can stoop into for winning in tit for tat debates.

injian fans can be classified into two gangs .. sachin fans mostly based out of mumbai and dhoni fans based out of rest of mumbai :p: 

2 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Agree to disagree. In tougher conditions and situations against Pakistani and Australia, dhoni was hiding behind yuvraj where he could have came up the order and provided stability. Even in the final the game was won with Kohli and gambhis partnership as chasing at wankhede has always been easy in the last 10 years.if dhoni wanted to prove himself, he would have came before Kohli not when we had already stabilised our batting with gambo and Kohli partnership. Yuvi may have struggle against the spiinners but dhoni was struggling the whole tournament and there was no basis for him to promote himself especially after Kohli got out.  If you wanna disagree that's fine.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

There are 35 people in this thread who believe gambo was robbed of MoM award. I have seen all over social media that he should have been the MoM as well. If you feel that we are hating becuase he dances for srini mama then so be it. We are not afraid to voice our opinions. You can cheerlead and waive pom poms for thalaiva like the rest of those cricbuzz tards.

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

problem with assumptions is that they are just assumptions. I watched the entire final from my living room with family and  we remember contemporaneously thinking that Dhoni stepping in was totally selfish (given his form in tourney up until then). Made no sense to keep form batsmen like Yuvi and Raina in the hut and promote someone out of form. He was rolling the dice for personal glory only yet you guys wanna promote him like he's some sort of shaheed. 

Edited by mancalledsting

It is sad that one of the ODI ATG dhoni is getting so much negatives vibes from his one time supporters. Wish he could see the writing on the wall and retire in grace . If we lose the world cup, dhoni image and legacy will be tarnished for eternity, and as a dhoni fan I don't want to see it happen.  Hope sense prevails.

BTW I voted for gambhir..

10 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

problem with assumptions is that they are just assumptions. I watched the entire final from my living room with family and  we remember contemporaneously thinking that Dhoni stepping in was totally selfish (given his form in tourney up until then). Made no sense to keep form batsmen like Yuvi and Raina in the hut and promote someone out of form. He was rolling the dice for personal glory. 

If you go back to the match thread on icf that day, 99% of the icfers questioned dhonis decision as he didn't do anything the whole tournament.

Just to put Dhoni's all time great, Viv Richards esque batting performance into perspective: 

Nuwan Kulasekera 32 runs off 30 balls - only got out to a run out

Thissara Perrera 22* runs off 9 balls  

Both average batsmen, batted down the order without dew on the track. Dhoni chamchas raving like Dhoni stepped onto a minefield

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/433606/india-vs-sri-lanka-final-icc-cricket-world-cup-2010-11

It is okay if fans credit almost 90% victory of the final or for instance our wc victory totally to MS Dhoni and can go gaga over his self promotion because fans are emotional.

But what is with Dhoni himself..Glorifying himself in movie asking Gary that He will go next and all that..Bhai itna hi tha to Sachin ke out hone ke baad bhi aa sakte the, as Kohli was very inexperienced to go into that situation and there could be valid reason for it that he wanted to protect youngster from pressure situation.

That was such a cringeworthy scene.I literally couldn't go beyond that scene while watching movie.

Huh? I didn't even waste a cent on that fake story, heck didn't even pirate it :cantstop:

I used to like Dhoni, before Amarnath was fired infamously by the CSK led mafia. Dhoni has been a leech for at least 7 years in some capacity or another, he doesn't even deserve to be despised anymore! He's gone below the level of demons from hell as far as I'm concerned, lower than the lowest :whack2: