Congratulations to the Indian cricket team

14 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

for its greatest cricketing achievement till date.I have no doubt that we will win a series in South Africa too and would have won already if not for losing all the tosses.

Don't blame the toss. A loss is a loss. Adapt to conditions and play. 11 against 11. 

5 hours ago, kruiser said:

Pin this thread.. greatest achievement after 83.. we will stay #1 for a while. Congrats to all fans!

It's pointless to look at rankings. Well done to India for winning series in Australia. But it's a 33% mark for the last 3 series. Losses in SA and England should not be viewed or forgotten about. But celebrate the winning Australia it's a wonderful achievedMent

How is it greatest cricketing achievement? I know it's series win against aus but that's also weakest aus side. Aus never in last 100 years had a home series where none of their batsman can get century. This is first time tells you that this is weakest side in their history. We got close in england series but end result will say 4-1 loss and in SA we should have won if our batsman would have supported a bit.

8 minutes ago, flamy said:

:clap:

Wouldn't say the greatest, it is after all a #6 team vs #1 team, but awesome for its rarity.

Yes, cannot call it the greatest achievement till date! when its a weaker Aus team without Warner/Smith.

But fantastic to win a series in Aus, Very special moment for all.

Edited by fineleg

It's special for me because I've waited nearly 45 years for a series win in Australia. Right up there with 83 WC, 85 WCC in Australia (I was fortunate enough to attend the final v Pakistan with my Dad), and the 86 series win in England. Indian cricket team is my one main link to my country of birth, even though I've lived in Melbourne since I was five months old.

^ we knew there were passengers in side. So we are saying passengers achieved greatest moment in cricketing history of BCCI. To call it greatest would be wholely inappropriate, winning world series immediately after  world cup win. 

Winning CT immediately after worldcup win

are some moments from history where we have stamped our rule in world cricket

I dont care if its a “weaker” australian side. We didn’t tell Smith and Warner to get banned. And no one cares that our 2012 England series squad was weak either. Or that England won 3-0 against a weak Sri Lankan side - people actually use this to praise england, which is fair enough.

Yet people downplay india’s achievements due to hindsight and weaker batting. We are playing in foreign conditions, and we have won a series in Australia for the first time. Lets enjoy this as a brilliant achievement!

16 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Not the greatest but one of the best for sure, it all started with MAK Pataudi vs NZ when we were proper minnows. Then under Wadekar we beat 2 teams that were better than us, WI & England away, & we were ranked no.1 a few years under him. I rate those wins higher especially the first one outside Asia, in NZ.

Did that Ind team beat the then Aus in Aus ? I am sure not. This is the greatest win.

A massive moment in our cricket history and personally for me as a cricket fan. All those days of getting up early  during winter morning and the dream to watch the team win a series in Aus since 1991-92 have now been fulfilled.

All our players, the team management, selectors all should be very proud of themselves on this grand achievement.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
6 hours ago, Chalks said:

It's special for me because I've waited nearly 45 years for a series win in Australia. Right up there with 83 WC, 85 WCC in Australia (I was fortunate enough to attend the final v Pakistan with my Dad), and the 86 series win in England. Indian cricket team is my one main link to my country of birth, even though I've lived in Melbourne since I was five months old.

Whats 85 WCC ? Benson and Hedges or was that 84?