I was not even 10% of what Shubman gill is when I was 19 - Virat Kohli

test fan

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

for what its worth

He is the arguably the best Indian batsman after Sunil Gavaskar. and he made an utter **** Indian bowling attack into a world-beating one literally as a captain. 

My issue is not with Kohli the bat. I fully believe that India has got 11 players who can play and win any series anywhere, but since Kohli took the reigns, the progress has been either very very slow or negative. Even instance where progress has been made, It was only after a clear signal from Gavaskar / BCCI went to Shashtri and co that questions will be raised and they will be held accountable. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

He was looking good but then he got a 140k short ball right on his helmet from Boult and that shook him up a bit after which he looked uncertain.

Looks like someone who has great temperament and very elegant timer but will have trouble against genuine pace early on from the looks of it. Then again so did Kohli at the start.

yeah .. too early to judge

even pant struggled vs windies and got dropped .. we know abt out  current pant :p:

23 hours ago, Stradlater said:

He looked good from whatever little we saw him of today. Promising talent this kid is.

What is more important is....captain and selectors should sustain with him and give atleast 10 games before you take a call on him...

What is being done to Siraj, Shankar and khaleel is unfair

I have played little bit of cricket (not on highest level) and It will be really disheartening to be in and out and might dent the confidence...(again it totally depends on the personality)..

Hopefully this kid will be treated with some respect and will be given fair chances

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

To those who are saying he needs to work on his game against short pitch, this guy is one of the best pullers and hook player of his age have seen him cut and pull with utter disdain, probably the nerves got to him, also playing in India and going to NZ the mental adjustment needs time. So does body 

His short hand jab is the best I have seen and next only to Ponting...

He is a All-Condition player

21 hours ago, mishra said:

My issue is not with Kohli the bat. I fully believe that India has got 11 players who can play and win any series anywhere, but since Kohli took the reigns, the progress has been either very very slow or negative. Even instance where progress has been made, It was only after a clear signal from Gavaskar / BCCI went to Shashtri and co that questions will be raised and they will be held accountable. 

OMG...Progress is slow??

Just check how many ODI's we have won in SA, AUSTRALIA, NZ and what it was before ...

Hope you would have realized that we are taking 20 wickets almost every single test match...which never used to happen unless pitch was assisting spin bowling

11 hours ago, gakgupta said:

OMG...Progress is slow??

Just check how many ODI's we have won in SA, AUSTRALIA, NZ and what it was before ...

Hope you would have realized that we are taking 20 wickets almost every single test match...which never used to happen unless pitch was assisting spin bowling

That progress is despite Kohli Shashtri pulling down the entire team.

You wont find single person appreciating Shashtri for "some unknown reason". Kohli is complicit too, but unlike Shashtri, He has ensured, "a him" as dependency to Indian team in the eyes of fans.

So either start singing praises for Shashtri as well or accept Kohli is root cause of slow progress

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Need a hundred desperately next match,otherwise he wont get picked for ODIs vs aus.Then pant will be last hope.

I dont think he needs to do that much. I also dont think he was rattled by ball hitting his helmet.

When he came to bat we were 1 down. Then we lost Rohit, Rayudhu, then DK. Any yougster will be rattled and will be under tremendous pressure if wickets fall like cards on other end.

Credit to him he lasted that long.

Both him and Rohit got out same way, I do not know if I can call that a good thing or bad thing in terms of quality.

Edited by mishra
50 minutes ago, flamy said:

Please stop making a messiah out of a 19-year old. He deserves a good long run, WC or not.

I'm not saying he wont get chances after wc if he fails here.He is one for the future,but due to our middle order crisis we need either gill or pant or ideally both to fire before world cup so atleast 1 is in the team.Better than rayudud or DK at least.If we dont take pant we will have no accelerators or lefthanded batsmen in middle order.Without gill we are stuck with rayudud at 4 or dhoni at 4.

Edited by Tendulkar1996
1 hour ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

I'm not saying he wont get chances after wc if he fails here.He is one for the future,but due to our middle order crisis we need either gill or pant or ideally both to fire before world cup so atleast 1 is in the team.Better than rayudud or DK at least.If we dont take pant we will have no accelerators or lefthanded batsmen in middle order.Without gill we are stuck with rayudud at 4 or dhoni at 4.

I get the desperation :-)

It is still a lot to put on a 19 year old kid.

Let's see what happens. Pant might make it to the squad in place of DK.

That progress is despite Kohli Shashtri pulling down the entire team.
You wont find single person appreciating Shashtri for "some unknown reason". Kohli is complicit too, but unlike Shashtri, He has ensured, "a him" as dependency to Indian team in the eyes of fans.

So either start singing praises for Shashtri as well or accept Kohli is root cause of slow progress

I beg to differ with you...

Progress cannot be made without vision and hardwork...

I have a small company with just 6 employees.

Just to create this small venture, it required lots of hardwork, vision and leadership skills.

There is a huge progress in indian team and I strongly believe that there should be lots of hardwork, vision , passion and finally love for the nation.

I credit it to Kohli. Yes, he has made lots of mistakes esp with the selection. But, he should be given credit where it's due

PS: I am not a fan of Shastri nor his unconditional love for Mumbai lobby

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I beg to differ with you...

Progress cannot be made without vision and hardwork...

I have a small company with just 6 employees.

Just to create this small venture, it required lots of hardwork, vision and leadership skills.

There is a huge progress in indian team and I strongly believe that there should be lots of hardwork, vision , passion and finally love for the nation.

I credit it to Kohli. Yes, he has made lots of mistakes esp with the selection. But, he should be given credit where it's due

PS: I am not a fan of Shastri nor his unconditional love for Mumbai lobby

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Indian cricket Is built on hard work of various Atgs , their fans and BCCI. Srini mama in recent interview said a very basic thing. Indian criicket is progressing and will progress because fundamentals are strong. People love it, people play it. So whatever , however ICC Manohar stabs, it will still keep on improving.

Srini Mamas  statement is valid for Kohli and Shashtri too.