Krunal Pandya - A Reality Check on his abilities

SK_IH

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

He has specific role in the side. The way he wastes balls which are short and at his body can be criminal in the position and situation he comes. He played two dot balls in the 19th over, which was very crucial in yesterday's loss. He needs massive improvement in batting otherwise he wont be that frutiful in the role he plays. You have to see the match to come to a conclusion , dont just go by numbers

No one can hit every ball though .... Karthik wasted a few balls too in the 20th over. 

27 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Didn't watch yesterday's game but people saying he looked ugly against pace. How does that matter? You don't need to decorate him in your bedroom. Checked scorecard and it shows 26 of 13 with 2 sixes and 2 fours. I thought it's runs that matter and not how do you look while batting. Everyone has weaknesses.  Dravid and Laxman were so lucky that they didn't have to start their careers with T20s. Otherwise, people would have had same complements for them as well.

This guy played like gully mohalla cricketer by stepping away expecting bouncers. Don't go by scorecard. He played like a hack. like all the other hacks (including NZ hacks) got away with some runs. 

29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Didn't watch yesterday's game but people saying he looked ugly against pace. How does that matter? You don't need to decorate him in your bedroom. Checked scorecard and it shows 26 of 13 with 2 sixes and 2 fours. I thought it's runs that matter and not how do you look while batting. Everyone has weaknesses.  Dravid and Laxman were so lucky that they didn't have to start their careers with T20s. Otherwise, people would have had same complements for them as well.

When we are chasing a high score with required run rate being 9  How confident are you when jadeja or  S tiwary comes to bat ?

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

penultimate over is the most crucial i think, those two balls if converted to even 6 runs would have made the task much easier

Every ball if converted can make task easier but in cricket teams do bowl dots and that will continue to happen. At the end of the day, he kept a very high SR 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Every ball if converted can make task easier but in cricket teams do bowl dots and that will continue to happen. At the end of the day, he kept a very high SR 

i disagree with you, he didnt look like he was comfortable at all and those dot balls were evidence pf his limitations. He has to improve considerable I say to make an impact.

Look he is an upgrade on Jadeja as a batsman but Ind needs more than that.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i disagree with you, he didnt look like he was comfortable at all and those dot balls were evidence pf his limitations. He has to improve considerable I say to make an impact.

Look he is an upgrade on Jadeja as a batsman but Ind needs more than that.

At the end of the day, there are no perfect players including those who have played tons of games .... newcomers like Krunal are adjusting to  international cricket so are in the process of getting polished 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

At the end of the day, there are no perfect players including those who have played tons of games .... newcomers like Krunal are adjusting to  international cricket so are in the process of getting polished 

TBH I dont even think  he is someone who can hit from the start. He comes across as someone who should be batting higher up for optimal output

18 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

TBH I dont even think  he is someone who can hit from the start. He comes across as someone who should be batting higher up for optimal output

Eventually, he will need to improve to become a regular member of the side .... Right now, he is probably among the players being rotated. Since he is not a regular, he would get time to evaluate his game and address his shortcomings 

Krunal is some one who will look good if in T20's we dont have MSD instead play another bowler.

That way we will have 7 batters as well as 5 bowlers with Pandya brothers alongwith Shankar as 5th bowler.

In Odi's too if we are playing Jadhav then Krunal as 5th bowler is really good.

2 hours ago, helperononline said:

When we are chasing a high score with required run rate being 9  How confident are you when jadeja or  S tiwary comes to bat ?

We were not chasing 9 an over yesterday. He himself batted at 12 rpo yesterday. 26 in 13 is 12 rpo. We were 150 in 15.4 overs, needing 59 in 4.2 overs, 14 rpo. Only very special hitters can do that likes of abdv or Russell.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

He will fail outside subcontinent? Won 2 MoMs

He can't bat against pace. Hits a 26*(13) in a near impossible chase

Most wickets for India in the series, Did better than any other bowler. Again not good enough. 

For someone playing in his first 6 months of int'l cricket, he's doing fine. Get off his back. 

Yeah people want miracles immediately

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

as far as batting is concerned both pandya bros are Cool specially for ODI and t20.

But he is just as good or as bad as Kedar jadhav as a Bowler. 

Any batsman hits him, he does not turn the ball at all, does not Spin the ball. is a straight bowler and tries angles to beat batsman.

Jaddu is a Much better bowler than Krunnal and hence if we have Jaddu who is a much better Spinner and a Far far better fielder than Krunnal, i would Pick jaddu as a spinner or even washington as washington sundar is a far better bowler than krunnal.

i think washington and jaddu are better than Krunnal as overall packages. kedar is a permanent fixture as he is a steady batsman and gets those low level balls.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Jaddu is a Much better bowler than Krunnal and hence if we have Jaddu who is a much better Spinner and a Far far better fielder than Krunnal, i would Pick jaddu as a spinner or even washington as washington sundar is a far better bowler than krunnal.

I hope you are not confusing formats. Krunal has won 2 MOM in less than 10 T20s for his bowling! .... Jadeja is likely to go for as many runs as Krunal, who is a better hitter