Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

6 minutes ago, zen said:

That is not apples to apples as if batsmen can play various shots, bowlers can bowl various types of balls too (bouncers, yorkers, spin, swing, slow balls). If miss hits go to boundaries, good shots are caught too 

Iirc, WKs have been fined for waiting for batsmen to get off balance to stump them 

Games should be played in right spirit. Even a terrorist can justify his attack by using any logic :winky:

Terrorism vs Mandkading comparison isnt apples to apples either. Terrorism for any so called cause is illegal. Mankading isn't illegal. More bowlers should start doing this to keep batsmen in check. It's an eyesore to watch batsmen plundering runs at will with the bowlers reduced to ball boy status.

Having said all that it is freaking amusing to see international players wandering off the crease casually for decades. It has become a normalized thing. Wandering off.  Your bat or your body should be inside the crease until the ball is bowled.  It is against the spirit of the game  you are completely out of the crease at the time of the delivery. I am pretty sure all players are guilty of it. This has to stop.  Even Ashwin might have done it. Who knows. Have you guys done that? I have never done that. I am a strict rule follower.  I find it shocking to see players at this level do this. A bit like how Sehwag running without stretching. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Having said all that it is freaking amusing to see international players wandering off the crease casually for decades. It has become a normalized thing. Wandering off.  Your bat or your body should be inside the crease until the ball is bowled.  It is against the spirit of the game  you are completely out of the crease at the time of the delivery. I am pretty sure all players are guilty of it. This has to stop.  Even Ashwin might have done it. Who knows. Have you guys done that? I have never done that. I am a strict rule follower.  I find it shocking to see players at this level do this. A bit like how Sehwag running without stretching. 

Yes, batsmen have been stealing runs against the spirit of the game for too long now..Keep the feckers in check with more Mankading/Ashwining.

17 minutes ago, zen said:

That is not apples to apples as if batsmen can play various shots, bowlers can bowl various types of balls too (bouncers, yorkers, spin, swing, slow balls). If miss hits go to boundaries, good shots are caught too 

Iirc, WKs have been fined for waiting for batsmen to get off balance to stump them 

Games should be played in right spirit. Even a terrorist can justify his attack by using any logic :winky:

:whack3:

1 minute ago, nevada said:

Yes, batsmen have been stealing runs against the spirit of the game for too long now..Keep the feckers in check with more Mankading/Ashwining.

Since the day when Walsh let Salim jaffer go with warning (a match they ended up losing and couldn't make it to semi because of that) this act of not mankading is considered some "Nobel peace prize" awardsque act by all sundries. This is 100% cricket law. There should ideally be no hazy area. Technically it doesn't matter if he is only 1 inch out or 5 yards out. It is all the same.  How hard it is to keep the bat in if not the whole body until he releases. You will still have enough time especially with a spinner bowling to have a head start.

IMO what Ashwin did was wrong not because of Mankading but because he stopped and waited till Buttler moved. And its also a good thing to warn a batsman once before doing the mankading. Having said that Buttler has moved out of the crease on several occasions. He was also mankaded by SL player once. So he is not innocent either. He may be innocent in yesterday's match.

PS - Lady Jaya who was the captain who didn't withdraw his appeal for the Buttler mankading. Its ironic that he was the one who talked about spirit of cricket when Thrimmane was mankaded after warning by Ashwin. I'm seeing SLans crying about this incident on twitter. All I could say to them and lady jaya is :finger:

Edited by Real McCoy

40 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

IMO what Ashwin did was wrong not because of Mankading but because he stopped and waited till Buttler moved. And its also a good thing to warn a batsman once before doing the mankading. Having said that Buttler has moved out of the crease on several occasions. He was also mankaded by SL player once. So he is not innocent either. He may be innocent in yesterday's match.

PS - Lady Jaya who was the captain who didn't withdraw his appeal for the Buttler mankading. Its ironic that he was the one who talked about spirit of cricket when Thrimmane was mankaded after warning by Ashwin. I'm seeing SLans crying about this incident on twitter. All I could say to them and lady jaya is :finger:

Umpire gave him out. He could delay all he wants. he could dance for few minutes and come back. But as long as ball is in his hand he should not leave the crease. It is a simple law. He didn't use sand paper or bend 15 degree more or claimed bumped ball. 

1.  If it is against the spirit of the game then why do the laws allow such a dismissal   ?

Blame the law and the people allowing such a law to exist then and not the people using it to get a dismissal.

2. What about the batsman advancing out of the crease before the ball is bowled  !   Is it not against the spirit of the game  ?

In a nutshell ... allow only such laws which are in the spirit of the game .

14 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Right or wrong, Ashwin has fired up the IPL. Great start to the tournament. Hope to see some more fireworks when these 2 teams meet again but this time with Ashwin's team at the receiving end :p:

Yeah it has definitely made the IPL interesting and fired up the tournie ,now upto the other teams to provide us entertainment by any means 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

1.  If it is against the spirit of the game then why do the laws allow such a dismissal   ?

Blame the law and the people allowing such a law to exist then and not the people using it to get a dismissal.

2. What about the batsman advancing out of the crease before the ball is bowled  !   Is it not against the spirit of the game  ?

In a nutshell ... allow only such laws which are in the spirit of the game .

Spirit of game is done as soon as batsman mooves out of crease. 

That was a tight over and Butler mooved out every ball, its on ball 6 Ash gunned down Butler.

He should have broken the stumps in ball 1 itself.

If prople have problem, They should go back and Ask ICC to bring in warning clause, which ICC itself removed 

Edited by mishra