Prithvi Shaw or KL Rahul - Who should be the back opener in world cup?

On 3/28/2019 at 1:06 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Who then? Must have a back up opener. Don't see Rohit-Dhawan lasting whole tournament.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Should be between Mayank and Shaw. Rahul despite his 50 yesterday looked uncomfortable yesterday. He is also a nervous starter. Could end up 0/1 in pressure situations. Shaw can only improve from now on. But since he's young, I'll go with Mayank for this WC. I hear you about the importance of reserve opener that too considering English conditions. It may swing early in the tournament and under cloudy conditions. We lost the first two matches in 1999 WC that set our aspirations on the backfoot. We should thank Rahul Dravid for making it to the next stage. We need someone who is technically sound like Dravid. Mayank is technically the best we have and he can accelerate too when the ball stops moving

On 3/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, Suhaan said:

Mayank Aggarwal is the most apt name

He has the hunger and im sure once he gets an opportunity even in Wc he will grab it with his both hands

Problem is both our operners are  declining simultaneously

Actually, I would put Mayank Agarwal in as the first choice opener along with Dhawan, and make Rohit Sharma run back and forth with drinks.  The man needs some exercise. 

8 hours ago, Pollack said:

Shaw is ready. Just a few days back you were calling 20-30 runs batsman. In your face he scored 99 in a t20 game. :laugh1:

Just like you always undermine Kuldeep over chahal, I see a pattern you undermining Shaw over maybe Gill?

Where did I talk about Gill? Even Gill is not ready. We can be too impatient about players at times both ways in writing them off after 1-2 failures or hyping them. Look at Kohli who debuted in 2008 but he only really blossomed from 2012-13 onwards and he could survive so long because we had some great players in the team.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Where did I talk about Gill? Even Gill is not ready. We can be too impatient about players at times both ways in writing them off after 1-2 failures or hyping them. Look at Kohli who debuted in 2008 but he only really blossomed from 2012-13 onwards and he could survive so long because we had some great players in the team.

I just guessed about Gill.Surely noticing the pattern of you undermining Shaw just like kuldeep that is not saying it directly but your posts gives it away.

40 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I just guessed about Gill.Surely noticing the pattern of you undermining Shaw just like kuldeep that is not saying it directly but your posts gives it away.

I am not undermining, just downplaying to keep the expectations low.

Both Shaw and Mayank are better choices than Rahul for sure.

Mayank boasts of a record such as 75inn 1 n.o  3605runs  176HS 48.71avg: 3579balls 100.72str: 12 100s 14 50s

Rohit Sharma's record baring international matches is as follows:

67inn 8 n.o  2242runs              38.00avg:                                  3  100s 13 50s

The discripancy in the  quality between these 2 players is not even marginal. Mayank has been way ahead of Rohit as a one day player.Yet such is the incompetency of the moron parasites Sastri,Prasad etc etc that Mayank has never been given enough chances to prove his mettle. Now he is 28+. Good 3 years wasted. Mayank may not be a Rohit in  pucca roads to  build mammoth 200s , but he is lot more equipped to give  50 ball 45s in all conditions when compared to Rohit. After all he has proved to be a way better test player than Rohit .Better late than never.Good 10-11 years left in him.

Prithvi still is young. His chances would arrive. 

Edited by rtmohanlal
On 4/1/2019 at 4:53 AM, rtmohanlal said:

Both Shaw and Mayank are better choices than Rahul for sure.

Mayank boasts of a record such as 75inn 1 n.o  3605runs  176HS 48.71avg: 3579balls 100.72str: 12 100s 14 50s

Rohit Sharma's record baring international matches is as follows:

67inn 8 n.o  2242runs              38.00avg:                                  3  100s 13 50s

The discripancy in the  quality between these 2 players is not even marginal. Mayank has been way ahead of Rohit as a one day player.Yet such is the incompetency of the moron parasites Sastri,Prasad etc etc that Mayank has never been given enough chances to prove his mettle. Now he is 28+. Good 3 years wasted. Mayank may not be a Rohit in  pucca roads to  build mammoth 200s , but he is lot more equipped to give  50 ball 45s in all conditions when compared to Rohit. After all he has proved to be a way better test player than Rohit .Better late than never.Good 10-11 years left in him.

Prithvi still is young. His chances would arrive. 

Rahul is better than both when it comes to explosive hitting. He has shown it in the past that he can even make Kohli and Rohit look ordinary when in form.

21 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Rahul is better than both when it comes to explosive hitting. He has shown it in the past that he can even make Kohli and Rohit look ordinary when in form.

the problem with Rahul is that he can  flop miserably in  pace  bowling  friendly conditions more often than not because he has a far from adequate technique . Mayank is technically far better and lot more compact.  

6 hours ago, Texan said:

Undoubtedly Shaw. Rahul has not shown to be an ODI player. He is only fit for T20s at this time. 

and Shaw has sown that? How many games has Rahul even played.  No player can show anything if he is dropped every second game.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

and Shaw has sown that? How many games has Rahul even played.  No player can show anything if he is dropped every second game.

'list a' track record  is a reflection of a lot of  factors w.r.t abilities of a player. Mayank and Rahul are chalk and cheese apart.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Shaw has not even got a chance. He averages over 40 with a SR of 116 in List A. Compare that to Rahul's SR of 73 in List A. Huge gap. His average is also lower. 

On 4/3/2019 at 6:51 PM, rtmohanlal said:

'list a' track record  is a reflection of a lot of  factors w.r.t abilities of a player. Mayank and Rahul are chalk and cheese apart.

Rahul's list A stats are misleading because most of those games he played were when he was considered only a 4-day format batsman.  He transformed his LOI game in last 2-3 years. 

On 4/3/2019 at 7:39 PM, Texan said:

Shaw has not even got a chance. He averages over 40 with a SR of 116 in List A. Compare that to Rahul's SR of 73 in List A. Huge gap. His average is also lower. 

Rahul's list A stats are misleading because most of those games he played were when he was considered only a 4-day format batsman.  He transformed his LOI game in last 2-3 years.  He made his T20 debut n 2016 and has an SR Of 149 in that format.  So a guy who can transform his T20 game to that extent, sure can improve his one day SR too which right now is 80  if trusted and shown patience but that has been the problem with Kohli.  Lack of patience.  Rahul had better starts in all formats than Kohli but has been discarded after just 14 scattered ODIs spread through 3 years.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, rtmohanlal said:

the problem with Rahul is that he can  flop miserably in  pace  bowling  friendly conditions more often than not because he has a far from adequate technique . Mayank is technically far better and lot more compact.  

You can say that for Sharma, Dhawan & Kohli as well. None of them have water tight techniques against the moving ball, especially in England. Heck their game plan in such conditions revolves around weathering the storm & history has shown time again that they're grossly inadequate to do that. If you're counting the inability to survive against the brand new moving ball as a con, no member of this current 11 will make it to the WC including Kohli.

Edited by R!TTER
2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

You can say that for Sharma, Dhawan & Kohli as well. None of them have water tight techniques against the moving ball, especially in England. Heck their game plan in such conditions revolves around weathering the storm & history has shown time again that they're grossly inadequate to do that. If you're counting the inability to survive against the brand new moving ball as a con, no member of this current 11 will make it to the WC including Kohli.

all i said is  Mayank is better eqvipped  than Rahul

On 4/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, rtmohanlal said:

I dont think Mayank is technically better equipped , yes hes looking better these days and I would pick him ahead of KL now . its more form and confidence of truckloads of runs in domestic which is the difference .