M.Prasidh is consistently bowling 145 kph to 150 kph in IPL 2019

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

bro venky was 120-125 rofl lmao. if he was 130 - 135 then he would have been a very good bowler given his swing abilities.

he was 130-135 in 1996-97 during the Eng and SA tours and even in the WC.

He outbowled Srinath in some spells in those series.

Most of us remember him getting tonked by Jayasuriya/Anwar etc but if you remember around 1996-97 our premier bowler Srinath had an almost career ending shoulder injury and by Default Prasad became the spearhead. 

There was this period between 1996-998 when by default he was our lead bowler in the absence of Srinath and over playing all those odis on Indian pitches can be brutal especially if there isn’t any support.

He would have had a better career especially in Eng,Nzl and SA if he was part of a pool like we have today.

Underrated bowler

Even if you find a billion loopholes the ownage of 96 and 99 given to Pak and being part of the coaching staff of the memorable 2007 WT20 makes him very endearing to me so yes I will continue cheering for Venky even though he deserves it from every Indian fan.

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

he was 130-135 in 1996-97 during the Eng and SA tours and even in the WC.

He outbowled Srinath in some spells in those series.

Most of us remember him getting tonked by Jayasuriya/Anwar etc but if you remember around 1996-97 our premier bowler Srinath had an almost career ending shoulder injury and by Default Prasad became the spearhead. 

There was this period between 1996-998 when by default he was our lead bowler in the absence of Srinath and over playing all those odis on Indian pitches can be brutal especially if there isn’t any support.

He would have had a better career especially in Eng,Nzl and SA if he was part of a pool like we have today.

Underrated bowler

Even if you find a billion loopholes the ownage of 96 and 99 given to Pak and being part of the coaching staff of the memorable 2007 WT20 makes him very endearing to me so yes I will continue cheering for Venky even though he deserves it from every Indian fan.

absolutely. i agree. Never seen him touch 135 lol hence i assumed he was under 130. if he was part of current setup of course he would do well. 

5 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I liked him in IPL before. I don't know why KKR doesn't play him much. They are usually the best side at playing new, young bowlers. I guess IPL teams are moving away from using the tournament to develop players. 

Prasidh developed an elbow niggle in IPL 2020 and missed a few matches.

KKR has given him a reasonable amount of chances.

5 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I liked him in IPL before. I don't know why KKR doesn't play him much. They are usually the best side at playing new, young bowlers. I guess IPL teams are moving away from using the tournament to develop players. 

Has a poor economy rate in the IPL, comfortably over 9. I think kkr made the right decision there. He will have to improve. 

6 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i expect that Prasidh will play well and will stay in indian team just like Bumrah and Shammi.

Bcos He has that 6.4" height , bouncers is easy to him. Tall Spinners also get bounce , leave Pacers.

Srinath in his initial days used to bowl all inswingers with bounce at good pace and he got wickets. Genuine bounce is a big thing. 

there have been tall Pacers who have played international cricket with the capability to bowl at 130 to 135K Pace eg. Venkatesh Prasad.

tall height gurantees bounce from awkward length's. i am very happy for him.

We need 2 or 3 tall bounce bowlers who can bowl 145 k and can pick wickets too 

Bounce has always posed the biggest difficulty in international cricket from eternity. And it becomes doubly dangerous if the bounce is at around 145 k.

Our test bowling line-up was so dangerous in 2018 and 2019 because we had Bumrah and Ishant who got good bounce at good pace.

Now Ishant is looking a bit unfit after 14 years in international cricket ( and it is understandable). We need a replacement.

And our white ball attack lacks any kind of bounce if Bumrah is not playing.

Prasidh, Tyagi and Avesh can provide the pace plus bounce combo .... all 3 need to be developed with special attention.

3 minutes ago, Moochad said:

Has a poor economy rate in the IPL, comfortably over 9. I think kkr made the right decision there. He will have to improve. 

Prasidh's strongest formats so far are 4 day cricket and 50 over cricket.

T20 is not his forte yet. But he has the tools like yorkers, bouncers and slower balls.

I want him to be limited to ODIs and test matches for the time being. And not play T20Is till he has a good IPL season.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh's strongest formats so far are 4 day cricket and 50 over cricket.

T20 is not his forte yet. But he has the tools like yorkers, bouncers and slower balls.

I want him to be limited to ODIs and test matches for the time being. And not play T20Is till he has a good IPL season.

Ive only watched him a handful of times in ranji, havent watched it much anymore, but from what limited ive seen, I agree with you that 4 day is his best format. 

Edited by Moochad

I had posted this video in the Speeds and Performances thread a few months back.

Ball by ball replay of Prasidh bowling. Watch him bowl two 2 over spells from 0.35 and 1.53.

He is bowling with pace, bounce and accuracy. Has got both outswing and seam movement into the batter. Yorkers and bouncers are seen too.

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/karnataka-premier-league-2019/final-tuskers-vs-tigers/1440001931

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Picks almost 15 months after Kohli called him a special player.

Under this TM, with no tattoos and no fake aggression, he will have to grab any opportunity that he gets. Else it could be a game here and there and discarded for defensive seamers

What do you expect? You have to be marketable To draw in crows numbers. 

Fake bravado, aggression, passion all work. It puts butts on seats hence why we can't even rest our key players during major tournaments. Advertisment companies and sponsor expect them to play at all costs. 

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

What do you expect? You have to be marketable To draw in crows numbers. 

Fake bravado, aggression, passion all work. It puts butts on seats hence why we can't even rest our key players during major tournaments. Advertisment companies and sponsor expect them to play at all costs. 

Of course. In King Clown's worldview, crowds go to stands to appreciate tattoos and fake aggression not cricket skills.

Wonder if Prasidh has a six pack. That could get him started but then poor Saini has been sidelined despite his six packs. Only hope for Prasidh is to bowl knuckle balls and slower cutters to impress the clown and his yesmen coaches.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
9 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Of course. In King Clown's worldview, crowds go to stands to appreciate tattoos and fake aggression not cricket skills.

Wonder if Prasidh has a six pack. That could get him started but then poor Saini has been sidelined despite his six packs. Only hope for Prasidh is to bowl knuckle balls and slower cutters to impress the clown and his yesmen coaches.

100% correct brother. Kulli needs to step down and focus on batting which btw is declining faster than his white patch on his shitty beard. 

What a debut by young Prasidh !!

Takes 4 wickets to win it for his team ... highest by an Indian on debut.

Bowled 139 k to 146 k consistently in his first 2 spells.

Got good bounce and hit the bat high. Most of his wickets were due to this factor.

Seamed the ball both ways. Got both outswing and inswing too.

Bowled a few sizzling bouncers.

Came back really well after getting hit for 22 runs in his 3rd over. Very happy with his temperament !!  This is the key.

Well done young man and all the best !!

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What a debut by young Prasidh !!

Takes 4 wickets to win it for his team ... highest by an Indian on debut.

Bowled 139 k to 146 k consistently in his first 2 spells.

Got good bounce and hit the bat high. Most of his wickets were due to this factor.

Seamed the ball both ways. Got both outswing and inswing too.

Bowled a few sizzling bouncers.

Came back really well after getting hit for 22 runs in his 3rd over. Very happy with his temperament !!  This is the key.

Well done young man and all the best !!

His line is exceptional but He managed to adjust his length . At 140+ , if line is good and you have capability to adjust length, you are undoubtedly International. :hatsoff: