Hindi Imposition and it's implications: News, Updates & Discussion

Lannister

On 5/31/2019 at 9:56 AM, vice said:

What's with Bengalis not able to pronounce 'v'.  Pretty sure Sanskrit makes the distinction between v and b. 

They change 'a' to 'oi' as well.  If you take this into consideration, one can understand Bengali just like other Indo languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi,etc  There's a lot of similarities due to syntax, grammar, and influence of sanskrit/prakrits.

Sure, these languages have evolved differently. Hindi sounds are closer to Sanskrit but bengali grammer is far closer to Sanskrit than Hindi. 

On 5/31/2019 at 10:43 PM, vice said:

It's because Dhoni shows respect for the local culture. Haven't you see the ads of CSK players dressed in traditional clothes or even speaking Tamil? Anyways, that's sports people will even cheer for pakistanis like Tahir in the IPL.

Tahir is a Saffer of Pakistani origin like Moeen Ali is British. I wont cheer for him if he was Pakistani with all due respect to him especially after the Pulwama attacks. But agree with your post. Dhoni is not imposed as someone mentioned. We even like Sachin even though I make fun of him :laugh:. Ashwin plays for Punjab are we imposing Tamil culture on the Punjabis. Ridiculous comment by that guy

I have a simple answer to this quandary. Use English as the common language. It is the most sanest of options. We are using it already. The lack of English as a common language highlights our insecurity and colonial baggage. Also with due respect to French and Spanish, English is the lingua franca of the world.

Most don't know that a Germanic language such as English has its Latin mix thanks to the Roman Empire and Norman conquest from Northern France. Old English closely resembles German. If the English were that insecure, they could have removed the Latin component and inserted more Germanic words just like Hindi, which is just a sankskritized version of Hindustani/Urdu.

So those who don't want to be reminded of the British conquest will be reminded of the Islamic conquest. That is if they are smart which I doubt they are. If you are in doubt, go check how many Urdu words are in Hindi and how Urdu speaking sound more "refined" than Hindiwalas. How many of the hindi belt guffaw over Urdu ghazals :facepalm:

Hindi as a national language is an agenda pushed by those people

1. who dont want to learn any other language than Hindi (most Hindi belt people only learn one language),

2. can't stay in their own states because of their relative poverty compared to other states,

3. breed more than other states, and

4. have the audacity to say you have to speak my language

Its their lack of intellect and strength in numbers that is the main source of this pushy attitude toward others. They don't expect other states to push back and are butthurt when that happens. Waiting for the comments from the usual suspects - hindiwalas and their new found slave in bongal who gets emotional and vomits his thoughts out :cantstop:

21 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

^ A cool place like Delhi is tagged as a 'Rape Capital' bcoz of the contributions of these 'Useless Bimaru' states...it's a National shame!! 

Normal Delhi people are really nice....then there are these criminals who belong to the 'Hindi Belt' and have moved & settled in Delhi...They are doing the most damage...it is sad.

Hindiwalas are moving into most major metros and even small towns. The paan spitting in Chennai has increased :((

On 6/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, Lannister said:

That is the end game. To influence Jobs in the country. That if you control the jobs, then people will automatically learn the language. 

I think South should bring a rule, that if you want to work in government post, learn the state language first.

The South should do much more than that.  But that is a start. They should make a law and hire only locals who know the regional language.

Look at what the Congress CM did in MP. He is putting his state first.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-in-madhya-pradesh-kamal-nath-govt-it-mandatory-for-industries-to-hire-70-locals/324938

To quote one of the greatest TN comedians Vadivelu "Unakku vandha rattham, enakku vandha thakkali chutney".

We are fools.

Edited by Stan AF

49 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

^ A cool place like Delhi is tagged as a 'Rape Capital' bcoz of the contributions of these 'Useless Bimaru' states...it's a National shame!! 

Normal Delhi people are really nice....then there are these criminals who belong to the 'Hindi Belt' and have moved & settled in Delhi...They are doing the most damage...it is sad.

Delhi is Hindi belt itself.

8 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

The South should do much more than that.  But that is a start. They should make a law and hire only locals who know the regional language.

Look at what the Congress CM did in MP. He is putting his state first.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/india-news-in-madhya-pradesh-kamal-nath-govt-it-mandatory-for-industries-to-hire-70-locals/324938

To quote one of the greatest TN comedians Vadivelu "Unakku vandha rattham, enakku vandha thakkali chutney".

We are fools.

That's BS let's see the real numbers, everyone can make promises - how do you deliver on them, is the real deal.

7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That's BS let's see the real numbers, everyone can make promises - how do you deliver on them, is the real deal.

I honestly don't know/care whether it is implemented fully or not in MP. But the CM wants to look out for the locals who elected him  and I respect that.

This is what I want Southern states to emulate. We have our own people struggling in our states and the elected leaders here should pay attention to that first.

Edited by Stan AF

So you're suggesting less cross country migration? While I understand that giving preference to local populace is not a bad policy per se, I'd rather India ban duty free imports from China or Asean through Alibaba & other dodgy means. We shouldn't fight among ourselves, the bigger & badder enemy is China :fight:

5 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Proud of people of so-called bimaru states...those people are your regular law-abiding hard working folks... Really respect them.... whereas online-forum dwellers like yourself and the hindi- hating Tamil morons here are the low lives.

So, when low lives call you a rape capital or whatever, guess how many fks do delhiites give.

Perhaps we should think about giving fugly hindi-hating tamils their TN as a seperate country. THAT would be good riddance for rest of india.

I am 200% sure that minority right thinking Tamils such as S Jaishankar, Nirmala ji, Abhinandan Ji etc. will opt for Indian citizenship in that case, making TN a seperate country exclusive for fugly Tamil morons.

My view on this simple - No language should be thrust upon anyone.

If a person from some part of the country wants to start living in another part of country he will learn the local language. Similar to how if you want to live in France or Germany you need to learn the language to survive there, why should it be different anywhere else? The imposition of a common language is the best and easiest way to make the existing local languages extinct over time.

On 6/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, Under_Score said:

Well...you can be proud of your people who indulge in criminal activities instead of thinking about how this kind of bad reputation can be addressed , I won't resort to name calling unlike you...if educated people like you are behaving like this on a discussion forum, I can imagine how the 'Jaahil' types must be in real life......Also, I didn't give them the tag...it's their bad behavior....cheers!!

From the link posted below

"Rape cases against internationals have led several countries to issue travel advisories that "women travellers should exercise caution when travelling in India even if they are travelling in a group; avoid hailing taxis from streets or using public transport at night, and to respect local dress codes and customs and avoid isolated areas"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_India

He has some issue with Tamils for a while now. This is the educated one name calling an entire state. As you said you can imagine how  the uneducated would behave like. Infact these people are the true anti-nationals. I don't see any minority group behaving like this yet they get the blame. Before they keep lecturing other states, they should be like the "hardworking law abiding" people that they falsely claim to be and clean their streets, stop reproducing like rabbits, and stop indulging in criminal activities like rape, murder, etc