Possible Replacements for Shikhar Dhawan

if  this is correct then either Mayank or Pant should open. Mayank has great  list A record. More over he has the technique to counter new ball and temperament for the big occasion  along with experience to go with it  as he showed in AUS.

Then Pant ..... being a left hander and also being some one who can play those cameos in field restrictions.

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Precisely standbys ie where Pant has chance 

But ,the scary part is among those standby players one is Biryani

Bhoot pishach nikat nahi aawe

Mahavir jab naam sunave

:pray:Pray Mahavir keeps the Biryani devil out of picture and reality

Pant should have been in the squad in the first place but “experience” could see Rayudu through esp. if KL is moved to open and Rayudu has batted at #4 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Looking at the weather forecast i am not even sure we will get full 50 overs in lot of games. So Pant will be handy in T20 scenario.

I personally think Pant is better in a odi and test scenario when in the back of the mind he knows he can take some time or play out good bowling. In T20 he just goes into hit every ball hard mode much like Sehwag

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

I personally think Pant is better in a odi and test scenario when in the back of the mind he knows he can take some time or play out good bowling. In T20 he just goes into hit every ball hard mode much like Sehwag

India has to take a gamble now. He might or might not come off. KL Rahul is an unpredictable enigma.

Meanwhile

Gautam Gambhir Backs Ambati Rayudu To Replace Shikhar Dhawan In World Cup Squad

Many of us here were under the impression that this guy always talks sense

Maybe he considers Rayudus experience with no 4 slot

Edited by Suhaan