Points Table (WC19)

zen

1 minute ago, Asim said:

ust incase Eng lose both and Pak, BD endup with same 9 points each, I think BD NRR would be much above Pak)

If those team remain on 9, WI or SL have a chance of reaching 9 and 10-12 respectively 

5 minutes ago, Asim said:

Only missing trick from Pak like last game was, no try to improve NRR...

vs SA, Pak couldv won by 90,100 runs by dropping lesser catches

Today, shoulv tried to chase within 45 overs at lease...

(just incase Eng lose both and Pak, BD endup with same 9 points each, I think BD NRR would be much above Pak)

Poyz now might go too hard against Afghanistan and might end up losing wickets and the game? There is a chance of that even though they will start as firm favs. 

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

@zen^ why do you think India will loose 3 games against 3 different opponents in a row ? 

I am not predicting but giving various scenarios 

As there is no certainty. Even ATG sides like WI lost in 83. Favourites Ind and Pak crashed out in ‘87.  NZ, an overwhelming favourite, crashed out in 92. SL, a rising team, won in 96 (played like ATG team), and SA in 99

3 minutes ago, Asim said:

I doubt vs BD

BD seems to imbecile to me under pressure. They will drop their game against Pak, even though they are capable of beating Pak. I think Pak has a knack of underperforming against some lower sides, and I feel against Afghanistan they might screw up. Technically, they should win both of their games, but with run rate in mind, they might screw things up here and there.

England is in the deepest shyt right now with having to play against India and NZ. 

In case points are tied then

No. of wins >> NRR >> Head-to-head will be considered in the respective order.

Eg ( just an assumption ) :- Sri Lanka gets 12 points and England too has 12 points ( India winning other two matches and NZ winning one match out of two ).. England Will go through based on 6 wins and Sri Lanka having 5 wins and 2 washouts.

Edited by Stuge

Below is also a potential scenario, though highly unlikely 

Aus 16

Eng 12

SL 12 

Ind/NZ/Pak/BD 11 

Or for SL to get in below is another scenario 

Aus 16

Eng 12 or 10

NZ 11

SL 10 

Ind/Pak/BD/WI on 9 or less 

If that happens, it could make those who bet on SL some serious $$$ :phehe: 

Edited by zen
9 hours ago, mishra said:

Just to be absolutely clear. Is it H2H or NRR?

Nrr only comes to effect of both team let's say has 5 wins and 10 points. But let's say in case of Lanka who has two extra points from wash out, h2h would come into effect first.

Let's assume eng and Lanka are at 10 each. Eng goes through for the number of wins, irrespective of nrr

On 6/25/2019 at 1:37 PM, coffee_rules said:

Yes, they are practically out..

NZ 6 5 0 0 11 1.306
AUS 6 5 1 0 10 0.849
INDIA 5 4 0 0 9 0.809
ENG 6 4 2 0 8 1.457
BDESH 7 3 3 0 7 -0.133
SL 6 2 2 0 6 -1.119
PAK 6 2 3 0 5 -1.265
WI 6 1 4 0 3 0.19
SA 7 1 5 0 3 -0.324
AFG 7 0 7 0 0 -1.634

Games Left

NZ (11) - 3 games left - Pak, Aus and Eng - Alreasy in, but to be safe, they should win one more. PRACTICALLY IN.

Aus (12) - 2 games left - SA and NZ - In Even if they lose both, they are in. But they wlll beat SA for sure and run close NZ. 

India (9) - 4 games left - WI, Eng, BD, SL - Have to win 1 out of 4 and be better in NRR . They will win at least against WI and SL, even if they lose against Eng, BD. PRACTICALLY IN.

Eng (8) - 2 games left - India and NZ - Have to beat both to get to 12 - Lose one gets them to 10, no use. Tough to beat both , have never won against India/NZ in WC since 1992/1983 respectively. PRACTICALLY OUT!

BD (7) - 2 games left - India and Pak -  All wins to get to 11 - Hard to get past both India and Pak - Practically out

SL (6) - 3 games left - SA, WI and India - All wins needed to get to 11 - Hard to get past SA and India. Possibly only WI - practically out 

Pak (5) - 3 games - NZ, Afg, BD -  All wins needed to get to 11, more likely to win Afg/BD, while they have to beat NZ. Not impossible.. LIKELY TO BE IN

AUS, NZ, IND. PAK it is.

Last two games went as predicted.