Mayank to replace Vijay Shankar

15 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Few things:

1) Its obvious that Shankar is not injured and being niggled out as an excuse.

2) And the fact that a player need to be replaced in the middle of the world cup, shows that the team selection was pathetic for the world cup. Should MSK Prasad not be held responsible for it?

3) All the replacements/backups like Pant and Rahul is playing ahead of the 1st choice like KKD . It clearly shows there is a disconnect between selectors and team management. Coach and Captain don't necessarily agree with selectors opinion.

Shankar is injured. He had got hit on his toe by Gumrah that is why pant played last game. How can you replace a fir player? ICC won't let anyone do it.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Shankar is injured. He had got hit on his toe by Gumrah that is why pant played last game. How can you replace a fir player? ICC won't let anyone do it.

It can be done. Look what afg did to mohammad shahzad.

Don't you think, the whole thing is fishy....

I am pretty sure, Vijay is not injured.

Now KLR will be moved to number 4 and Mayank will be opening...

I wish Shaw was called in......But experience was preferred...

Good decision...Mayank can be a very good inclusion....He is extremely good player of spin bowling and sensible batsmen at the top

Just now, gakgupta said:

Good decision...Mayank can be a very good inclusion....He is extremely good player of spin bowling and sensible batsmen at the top

You are wrong. Vijay is injured. There was news about it

Hitman

Mayank

Kohli

KL

Pandya

Pant

Dhoni,

Jadeja/Kumar depending on wicket conditions

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

This is a much much stronger batting lineup.

4 solid and technical batsmen in better positions.

2 batsmen that can attack hard

5 bowlers

Edited by SRT100
*ing mistake i made lol
36 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

why this HATRED of DK ???

DK is the best finisher in India today. 

Coz dk ran with everyones wife. .....stop using the word hatred for no reason

We all knw where dk stands. Now with shankar out kedhar bowling option as 6th bowler has become important

20 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

My only worry about mayank is this he doesn't handle short ball well closes his eyes and jumps plus at times his hands are above head when playing bouncer which is a big chink honestly he has shots and temperament but need to work on his game against short pitch stuff. a52efa09b24a9a4c972e08b235c66343.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

At this point he is batting better then rahul.....he has more weakness to but when he is in solid form. 

We need saini in place of jadeja as well. On a fresh, flat pitch, one spinner is enough. Said it from the beginning z you don't need 3 spinners in England no matter what. Chahal and Kuldeep are enough. A tall hit the deck seamer is more important. Look how behrendorff, Starc,Cummins trio is operating. Relentless stuff. 

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You are wrong. Vijay is injured. There was news about it

Don't trust all news stories. They have to create some story to niggle out a player and hence the fake news. If it was a toe injury, they could have kept him in surveillance for few days like they did with Dhawan before ruling him out. The fact is team management realized selectors did a mistake by picking all mediocre batsmen and Dhawan's injury made it even worse. With Rahul's poor form, they wanted another opener and hence Shankar being niggled out and Mayank brought it.

22 minutes ago, Stuge said:

Nope ,Pant will warm the bench and Rahul will play at number 4 .

Possible but pant has not done any wrong to loose his place and rahul hasnt done much with his chances to keep his place.

Mayank might not feature tomm coz m not sure will he be avl tomm which might give rahul n pant one more chance

18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Possible but pant has not done any wrong to loose his place and rahul hasnt done much with his chances to keep his place.

Mayank might not feature tomm coz m not sure will he be avl tomm which might give rahul n pant one more chance

He will arrive on time for the game.

He will be in the named XI.

30 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Vijay Shankar was half fit when he replaced Bhuvi. Bowled 8 deliveries vs Pak and despite having taken a wicket with hi first delivery, went back to the dressing room to get treatment. Then he got hit on the toe on a Bumrah delivery during nets. Never looked fully fit when he took the field. Same is the case with Kedar as well. He is also not fully fit, better to replace him with Jadeja, who has given his everything in every match coming as a sub fielder.