Mayank to replace Vijay Shankar

Just now, putrevus said:

Will you shut you nonsense, higher ceiling than Kohli.Are you living in lala land, maybe there mental midgets like Rahul have higher ceiling than one of best players.

It is you who is not make any sense.Even Rahul will laugh at you nonsense.

Go eat Hyderabadi Biryani. That is only you are good at. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

We did not have a bad day. We got found out on pitch where our spinners had no control in middle overs.India will lose to England 90 times out of 100 on that pitch.Fast bowlers including Pandya did extremely well yesterday and that loss will make sure we face England again in semis.England is one team that has handled our spinners very well.

finally a sane post.

160 in 20 overs @8rpo vs 178 in 30 overs @ 5.8rpo . 28 runs in first 10 overs. 

If people still can't see where we lost then don't know what can be said. 

13 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

finally a sane post.

160 in 20 overs @8rpo vs 178 in 30 overs @ 5.8rpo . 28 runs in first 10 overs. 

If people still can't see where we lost then don't know what can be said. 

Kohli still could win that match with Rohit even after that slow start,Kohli has been a big let down in this world cup.He is best batsman in this team and he needs to impose himself on these matches.Fear of failure should not be an option, Kohli has stop thinking what if I lose my wicket and start playing like himself.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli still could win that match with Rohit even after that slow start,Kohli has been a big let down in this world cup.He is best batsman in this team and he needs to impose himself on these matches.Fear of failure should not be an option, Kohli has stop thinking what if I lose my wicket and start playing like himself.

oh absolutely. Kohli if had taken us till 200 we were in business. Rohit also got out at such a wrong time. I honestly don't blame pant, so unfair to expect him to win from that point on. By the time kedar came game was all but gone. 

Also almost everyone ignored what Kohli took swipe on size and conditions tailor made for host during post match presentation

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli made a bed with the likes of Dhoni, DK, Jadhav coming into the WC and now he just need to man up and take responsibility. So stop giving silly excuses. 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

What was that you didn't understand? He is more talented than Kohli and that's one of the reasons they cannot drop him and they won't.

Did I say I did not understand what you are saying??All I said was you were talking nonsense and even KLR would laugh at your statement .In whose book he is more talented than Kohli.I never said to drop him even after his crappy show yesterday.I also said he has to play as an opener if he is in team for rest of the world cup.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

With a long tail which starts immediately after kohli sans pandya.. its is getting evident from his batting... he is not in his personal best.. the very thought of innings coming to a halt after his wicket has made him play with extra caution abstaining from his earlier free flowing batting..that's why the loss of dhawan is proving detrimental for this team.. he was the aggressor nd kohli nd rohit used to bat around him.. with dhawan gone nd with a mentally feeble kl rahul at other ends..these things just doesn't bodes well for the indian team..:help:

3 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

With a long tail which starts immediately after kohli sans pandya.. its is getting evident from his batting... he is not in his personal best.. the very thought of innings coming to a halt after his wicket has made him play with extra caution abstaining from his earlier free flowing batting..that's why the loss of dhawan is proving detrimental for this team.. he was the aggressor nd kohli nd rohit used to bat around him.. with dhawan gone nd with a mentally feeble kl rahul at other ends..these things just doesn't bodes well for the indian team..:help:

If he is thinking in those lines then India will never win world cup.Dhawan not being there has hurt Indian team big time.Dhawan may get out early but he is not mentally weak like Rahul.Still if Kohli wants to go down as the best ever odi batsman, he has to do lot better.This is his stage he needs to accept this challenge and go for it.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

How many matches a guy like Rahul needs, he has been playing international cricket for over six years.Mayank Aggrawal came from India and did better than Rahul in tests.Stop blaming captain for everything.

Players like Rahul and Shankar even if they play 100 matches will remain useless.There is something called ability also.

Even Rahul did well in his early tests and ODIs.

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Even Rahul did well in his early tests and ODIs.

Aggrawal is not going to be long term option, what we need is a person who is not dragged down by his mental baggage like Rahul.If  Mayank does well in two matches then he has done his job.Still I would not drop Rahul for rest of the world cup.

Doing well against Zimbabwe in odis is not big deal.Thats what Rahul did in odis.

Edited by putrevus
25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Aggrawal is not going to be long term option, what we need is a person who is not dragged down by his mental baggage like Rahul.If  Mayank does well in two matches then he has done his job.Still I would not drop Rahul for rest of the world cup.

Doing well against Zimbabwe in odis is not big deal.Thats what Rahul did in odis.

What has Rahul done of note for the countless opportunities he has been given ? 

He is a mental migdet 

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

What has Rahul done of note for the countless opportunities he has been given ? 

He is a mental migdet 

He is mental migdet, you got that part right.If Mayank is opening then we are again screwing up the middle order.It is again top three or bust.DK is grand father of Rahul in being mental midget.

DK is good for 10 to 15 ball cameo, I don't think he will be any good at no6 if he has to play bigger role.

Other option is let DK open but at this age is he good enough to open.I want Mayank to be no4 .I know a proper batsman is batting there.

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Living in Australia, let me tell you to open the batting on boxing day in Australia is the most challenging and difficult task for any overseas batsmen, let alone a subcontinent player.

I would argue its almost on par with a WC Final.

Absolutely. I was super impressed by his temperament. I was more impressed in the test we lost in last innings. The way he played with Kohli and kept the fast bowlers at bay in last innings  was remarkable. 

I also think that we can now formally accept that we are cut from same cloth as padosis.  Such pathetic management. To go into a tournament with only two great batsmen. To not select the first choice Karthik and choose the guy who was not in squad but should have been there. To have Jadhav in the team who is doing absolutely nothing to pull his Weight. 

Just remarkably bad planning and ad hoc way of running things.