Sanjay Manjrekar - Petition to remove from commentary to improve experience gaining traction.

16 hours ago, maniac said:

Every commentator has their crutch. Ganguly keeps going back to his captaincy days and VVS is clearly not cut out for a public speaking platform.

Yes his Imran love is annoying  but over all I rate him a better commentator in terms of analysis over Ganguly and Laxman.

Viewer experience doesn’t get ruined by Imran love alone even the above mentioned can scree it up.

Manjrekar is an easy target because he is not a powerful name like some of the other names.

He is fine. Not the worst out there

Come on! He's just expressing himself, sometimes even under pressure.

17 hours ago, someone said:

If anything, I dont want Sachin in commentary. He is prone to talking about himself, his history and, even the co-commentators many times start focusing on him rather than ongoing match...

He does that because he is being told to do so... People ask him questions #asksachin or something .

I don't see a problem with ex players telling about their playing days .

Edited by Stuge

Should watch Dugout . 

The best of the lot was Lord Lara with his insights about players weaknesses , field placements required  , etc .  as the match was evolving each day.

His analysis on :-

- Shikar's weakness and getting LBW and solution for that.

- Decock's false slog sweep techinque vs quality spinners and his downfall by that shot . 

- How to restrict Kohli with changes in field placements . 

Those were of top order stuff. 

Next one tactically very good is Mike Hesson. 

But i try to switch from Dugout when too many indians are in at the same time esp. Papau patel is on. 

Irfan OK ..   but just repeats what someone like Lara says ..   Lara trolled him Royally when he just repeated what Lara told re: Kohli.

Among english commentary  , only Michael clarke seems good .  

17 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Should watch Dugout . 

The best of the lot was Lord Lara with his insights about players weaknesses , field placements required  , etc .  as the match was evolving each day.

His analysis on :-

- Shikar's weakness and getting LBW and solution for that.

- Decock's false slog sweep techinque vs quality spinners and his downfall by that shot . 

- How to restrict Kohli with changes in field placements . 

Those were of top order stuff. 

Next one tactically very good is Mike Hesson. 

But i try to switch from Dugout when too many indians are in at the same time esp. Papau patel is on. 

Irfan OK ..   but just repeats what someone like Lara says ..   Lara trolled him Royally when he just repeated what Lara told re: Kohli.

Among english commentary  , only Michael clarke seems good .  

I was watching Ind eng game on dugout and Lara's idea on how to get kohli out was exactly how it happened.

Lara basically said to cut off the cover drive scoring area of kohli and make him play a non-drive shot and thats how he got out in that game.

21 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Manjrekar is quite bad.... but Bhogle is the worst..hate his fakeness.

Bhogle is at least a change, offers a new prospective. He is somebody from a non-cricket background, we need more such people. Else, most ex-cricketers who are commentators have big ego, personal bias...

26 minutes ago, someone said:

Bhogle is at least a change, offers a new prospective. He is somebody from a non-cricket background, we need more such people. Else, most ex-cricketers who are commentators have big ego, personal bias...

Lol he is by far the worst.

Will India ever produce a good commentator? Even SL has given us Sanga behind the mic who tbh is delightful to follow despite that fake accent. Our last batch of VVS/Dada/Karthik/Chucker/Zak/Viru/Chopra was poor, most of the times I have to follow on mute but then I miss out the sound of leather on willow, the essence of cricket. Agarkar can do an ok job in pre/post match analysis working from studios but not as commentator.

Maybe Ashwin can emerge as a good voice of cricket, he can be too smart for his own good but our best bet. About time we produce a couple of world class commies and umps. We already have an elite match ref in Srinath. 

Edited by Gollum
On 7/4/2019 at 4:22 AM, Stan AF said:

I was watching Ind eng game on dugout and Lara's idea on how to get kohli out was exactly how it happened.

Lara basically said to cut off the cover drive scoring area of kohli and make him play a non-drive shot and thats how he got out in that game.

Guys like Lara, Sunny G are what they are for a reason. I have said many times before cut out the Mumbai bias,BCCI pandering, Sunny G is a world class analyst. I am ok with his lame Jokes, they are cute in a way even if they are lame however when the man talks about batting or cricket strategy we need to shut up and listen. Many times he is spot on.

Who better to talk about batting than Lara or Sunny G.

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Will India ever produce a good commentator? Even SL has given us Sanga behind the mic who tbh is delightful to follow despite that fake accent. Our last batch of VVS/Dada/Karthik/Chucker/Zak/Viru/Chopra was poor, most of the times I have to follow on mute but then I miss out the sound of leather on willow, the essence of cricket. Agarkar can do an ok job in pre/post match analysis working from studios but not as commentator.

Maybe Ashwin can emerge as a good voice of cricket, he can be too smart for his own good but our best bet. About time we produce a couple of world class commies and umps. We already have an elite match ref in Srinath. 

ganguly was good when he started but then lost track of whats happening around and started licking others players boots, even sunny g was quite good till BCCI asked them to stop criticizing our players 

Ashwin wud be  good  till channel tell him to start praising cliques 

I dont get the 3 person commentary. Its redundant and boring. Choosing quantity over quality. And English commentary is still better than Hindi. Its local languages that needs much better professionals. Likes of Sehwag, Laxman dont cut it, too casual, weak insights and many times only joking around...

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Back in the day, there used to be professional commentators and former players would drop in for an hour so as "expert commentator". These days the commentary box has become a rehabilitation center for retired cricketers. Like in the NBA, broadcasters should have former players just stick to analysis role in the studio and leave on-field commentary to professional commentators. The more time the stars spend doing on field commentary, the more their aura and esteem diminishes. 

Edited by nevada