Good things that Pakistan has given us

Deleted_User_1

1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

I mentioned Urdu because that is the language of Ghazals. I was not talking of the origin of the language.

But what is it doing in a thread about ghazals ? Just because two of your fav are Pakistani ? Sure, it’s got more Pakistani presence now but in ghazal world, nobody in their time was as big or as well acclaimed, up to today, as Begum Akhtar and Talat Mahmoud. Both bharatiyas....

31 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

But what is it doing in a thread about ghazals ? Just because two of your fav are Pakistani ? Sure, it’s got more Pakistani presence now but in ghazal world, nobody in their time was as big or as well acclaimed, up to today, as Begum Akhtar and Talat Mahmoud. Both bharatiyas....

I do not check nationality to decide if I like someone's skill or talent. Talat Mahmoud was good but had a very feeble voice, IMO. Ghulam Ali's mastery is far superior. But to each his own.

Edited by Audiophile

16 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I do not check nationality to decide if I like someone's skill or talent. Talat Mahmoud was good but had a very feeble voice, IMO. Ghulam Ali's mastery is far superior. But to each his own.

That’s not the point. Talat Mahmoud is the uncontested king of ghazal of any era. Recordings 5ise days were in general feeble so you know not what you speak of. Ghulam Ali is more recent And it’s the same regency bias why Ashok Kumar for eg isn’t seen in the same light as Ambitabh Shah Rukh Amir, Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna for eg. But he was the dominant one of any era. 

I think the best thing Pakistan has given us is the India-Pakistan Rivalry itself, something to hate onto, cricket would have been so boring had there been no India Pakistan rivalry to spice it up. What pakistan has really given is in terms of material, entertainment? I think nothing, they have been taking from us more than giving anything, they took our land and divided themselves, and are asking for more, they show hatred towards our peaceful religion, yet they watch our movies, follow hindustani music, watch Indian television. Even the language that they speak has originated from sanskrit. So what can a garib beghairat country like pakistan give this land of rich culture, tradition, saintly peace loving meditating yogis? They gave us hate, they taught us to hate people, hate religion, and in retaliation some of our own hindu brethrens picked swords and chose path of extremism. 

Edited by Sean Bradley

On 8/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, Audiophile said:

I separate the art from the artist. I do not know what you’re talking about. Everyone has demons. The mastery he has over his vocal cords is sublime (when he was younger)! Take some time to appreciate even though he may hate kafirs! :lol:

Genuine curiosity. Were Nazi musicians who were members and sympathized with what was going on allowed to play music after the trials? 

2 hours ago, Charlie_ said:

Genuine curiosity. Were Nazi musicians who were members and sympathized with what was going on allowed to play music after the trials? 

don't know about musicians for certain, but I do know that one of their most technically accomplished directors (leni riefenstahl) was essentially blacklisted for the rest of her career. and she lived over 100 yrs of age, and yet was able to direct only a couple of minor "films" after WW2.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

don't know about musicians for certain, but I do know that one of their most technically accomplished directors (leni riefenstahl) was essentially blacklisted for the rest of her career. and she lived over 100 yrs of age, and yet was able to direct only a couple of minor "films" after WW2.

On the other hand, if you are rocket engineering maestro, singlehandedly responsible for tens of thousands civilians dead, because you specifically  designed a rocket to target the enemy citizens, inventing the tech for that sole goal, (Werner Von Braun), you got a one way ticket to a cushy job being director of NASA.

Only goes to show, that all this chutiyapanti of moral superirorism only really applies to arts....

Edited by Muloghonto

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

On the other hand, if you are rocket engineering maestro, singlehandedly responsible for tens of thousands civilians dead, because you specifically  designed a rocket to target the enemy citizens, inventing the tech for that sole goal, (Werner Von Braun), you got a one way ticket to a cushy job being director of NASA.

Only goes to show, that all this chutiyapanti of moral superirorism only really applies to arts....

agreed. braun is the best example but there were plenty of other nazi scientists and doctors grabbed by both USA, USSR, and others.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:11 PM, Muloghonto said:

That’s not the point. Talat Mahmoud is the uncontested king of ghazal of any era. Recordings 5ise days were in general feeble so you know not what you speak of. Ghulam Ali is more recent And it’s the same regency bias why Ashok Kumar for eg isn’t seen in the same light as Ambitabh Shah Rukh Amir, Dharmendra, Rajesh Khanna for eg. But he was the dominant one of any era. 

That's your opinion and it is perfectly fine because we live in a free society.

Edited by Audiophile

I had a pakistani girlfriend. She was smoking hot, sucked a mean dick and was super smart (med student). Her parents were divorced, she lived with her mom. Who was a really good person. Only reason i didn't consider marrying her is because my parents don't like muslims. I didn't have the guts.

They have some good looking women. Like your stereotypical north indian girl, but more 'shareef'. At least the ones from wealthy families living in america.

2 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I had a pakistani girlfriend. She was smoking hot, sucked a mean dick and was super smart (med student). Her parents were divorced, she lived with her mom. Who was a really good person. Only reason i didn't consider marrying her is because my parents don't like muslims. I didn't have the guts.

They have some good looking women. Like your stereotypical north indian girl, but more 'shareef'. At least the ones from wealthy families living in america.

Tere ishq main hui awari