Top biscuit maker Parle may cut up to 10,000 jobs as economy slowdown bites: Update Parle reports record net profit (15% growth in net)

Stuge

I dont live in India. However, last times i went to corner shop in India there were many similar alternatives priced less than Parle g.....

Dont know how good they were.

Re the job losses. I suspect its automation which is the real culprit. 

21 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Indian economy is in very bad condition.Once the nasha of nationalism goes down then Govt will face the music.

or maybe this is like the time when you said demon would cost the bjp and it never did....

Something does not smell right here.

As mentioned by the folks who i follow on twitter, Hindustan unilever which is a much bigger company than Parle G has a total of 18,000 employees. I double checked this for myself just to be sure and it is the case.

So does Parle even have 10,000 employees to begin with? It does seem to me that there is the truth + masala mixed into this story.

Corporate India seems desperate for funds infusions from gov. 

5 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

As mentioned by the folks who i follow on twitter, Hindustan unilever which is a much bigger company than Parle G has a total of 18,000 employees. I double checked this for myself just to be sure and it is the case.

So does Parle even have 10,000 employees to begin with? It does seem to me that there is the truth + masala mixed into this story.

Valid points. GST is the new norm and will be continued ,companies, traders have to accept that .off course there can be modifications but it wont be taken back 

if the government is not going to give stimulus and start easing loans to SMEs , we will be in a bog soup sooner than later .. even thailand annoucned some stimulus  

probably if our economy worsens , people will stop buying cream biscuits and will end up buying 5rs parle-g and tiger biscuits instead  @Stan AF  :phehe:

4 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Parle, founded in 1929, employs about 100,000 people, including direct and contract workers across 10 company-owned facilities and 125 contract manufacturing plants.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/parle-india-s-biggest-biscuit-maker-may-cut-up-to-10-000-jobs-as-slowdown-bit-1566449040530.html

10 hours ago, G_B_ said:

or maybe this is like the time when you said demon would cost the bjp and it never did....

I said Demo will hurt indian economy may be BJP may be not. The fact is economics and politics in India are opposites . Two of most Popular PM of India Indira and Modi hardly have any big economic achievements both were strong on Pakistan . Poverty increased during indira's time rapidly yet she is still popular. 

3 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Parle, founded in 1929, employs about 100,000 people, including direct and contract workers across 10 company-owned facilities and 125 contract manufacturing plants.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/parle-india-s-biggest-biscuit-maker-may-cut-up-to-10-000-jobs-as-slowdown-bit-1566449040530.html

100,000 workers?

Reliance industries has close to 200,000 employees. This includes subsidiaries like jio

This is imo a gross overestimation of their workforce 

Is there any info on their revenues? 

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/parle-aims-rs-100-150-crore-turnover-from-nurtricrunch-in-2-years/article26486166.ece

So they reported a 21% rise in profit in last fiscal

Revenue of 8500 crore.

Even if your contract worker the company has to pay you something right? Then you have cost of machinary or plant operation logistics packaging etc.

9 hours ago, velu said:

if the government is not going to give stimulus and start easing loans to SMEs , we will be in a bog soup sooner than later .. even thailand annoucned some stimulus  

probably if our economy worsens , people will stop buying cream biscuits and will end up buying 5rs parle-g and tiger biscuits instead  @Stan AF  :phehe:

CEA has already said no. Now we wait for the cherry on top the global recession to go with our slowdown. 

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Looks like mauke pe chauka.

Trim the company and blame the economy  and get sympathy while firing people.

I think rather its just a masala by livemint

They did this during elections as well. Quoted blatently wrong bookies prices 

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

CEA has already said no. Now we wait for the cherry on top the global recession to go with our slowdown. 

FM submitted her fiscal stimulus plan to PMO ..

If the global economy shows downtrend we can't do much ..

Most of our recent problems are because of NBFC lending .. if the government thrown money at them you commies might have blamed them :giggle:

Parle Biscuits net profit rises 15% in FY19; revenue up 6.4% to Rs 9,030 cr

According to information shared by business platform Tofler, Parle Biscuits' FY19 net profit was Rs 410 crore versus Rs 355 crore reported the previous year

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/parle-biscuits-net-profit-rises-15-in-fy19-revenue-up-6-4-to-rs-9-030-cr-119101600037_1.html

Still waiting for those 100,000 job cuts....

@Stan AF @Stuge @Singh bling

The new Parle G narrative is apparently 28% unemployment in Haryana....

The sequence of events in the Parle G saga

- Parle G get 18% GST levied.

- Parle G throws a tantrum and claims they will axe workforce

- "Woke" and leftist media pick up on the same and supposed economic experts claim people cant afford Parle G

- Parle G backtracks cause now the focus on firmly on them with several pointing out inconsistencies in their story

- Parle G reports profits for last fiscal and quietly accepts fate not wanting to draw attention on activities.