Pant's shot selection has let the team down sometimes - Shastri

Mosher

44 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Asansols asking for Sanju Samson over Pant don't seem to have any idea how ineffective he would be at 4,5.  Ishan Kishan too plays a similar role and is not a natural finisher.  Whether you like it or not, Pant should be the guy for next two years 

Pant should be the keeper-batsman.

But Samson needs to be tried as a pure batsman.  Big talent !

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

Asansols asking for Sanju Samson over Pant don't seem to have any idea how ineffective he would be at 4,5.  Ishan Kishan too plays a similar role and is not a natural finisher.  Whether you like it or not, Pant should be the guy for next two years 

Don't understand why Samson keeps getting brought up. He doesn't perform even in IPL after years of being a key batsman. Pant will come through once we give him a set batting place as the finisher. 

8 hours ago, TheWall said:

Pant is hell bent on proving that shastri is right...

A 21 year old young player succumbing to pressure after coach and captain publicly criticised him and his batting failure was a topic of national debate for 3 days..hardly surprising. 

Our WC debacle and DHoni hiding at 7 was not dissected as much in detail. Tells you why this is a paid diatribe against Pant.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Pant should be the keeper-batsman.

But Samson needs to be tried as a pure batsman.  Big talent !

Yes but in which position will he get the chance..top 3 are closed for next 2 years.. even if one opener is down, Rahul will replace him. Likes of Samson and Kishan... I don't think they are ideal to play from 4th position onwards.. we have such a strong top 3 that it's unlikely that the 4th or 5th batsman would come before powerplay.. and from what I have seen, Samson is only good as an opener or at 3rd, while Kishan, whose release shot is to smoke it in the cow corner..I'm not sure how good he is against fast bowling which is what he would face at #5 once Iyer is moved to 4..

Edited by Vk1

Virat Kohli after 6 tests across 3 series - 234 runs @21 including a few first ball ducks. Then coach and captain - Do not worry, you have our full backing. Turns around his test career at Perth (primarily because they had seen him do well in ODIs and backed him thoroughly)

Pant after 19 T20s, 323 runs@21, after 12 ODIs, 229 runs@23, his coaches and captain - WTF are you doing? Be ready for getting a mouthful if you play wrong shots again (this despite them having seen his amazing Test and IPL record)

Only difference is  back in 2012, there was no insecure 38 yr old overhill legend and the captain and coach having an IOU with him.

15 hours ago, Nikola said:

Lol what wrong has shastri said? pant throws his wicket and he should value it more to become better player. Simple enough? If shastri says pant is great talent and no need to improve his game then dhoni fans will troll shastri. 

It's the public nature of the criticism that people should have a problem with.  It is the coach's and captain's job to keep the criticism in-house and protect young players from outside criticism.  Instead, these guys are fanning the flames - for reasons that we can only speculate on.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Samson has done well in the last 2 IPLs.   SR of 142 and average of 33 from 27 games. Scored 783 runs.

They look good for the last 2 seasons yes, but I think those stats are misleading a bit. I remember last season he only played 12 innings and only crossed 40 two times, both times being not outs and one time being a century. Therefore I think his average is kindof inflated here. 

I think his career T20 average is more repesentative of his ability as he averages below 30 and below 130 overall after over 100 matches. He is still young so maybe he has turned a corner, but I say let him prove it some more before we compare him to Pant, who looks like an all format star potential.

5 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Yes but in which position will he get the chance..top 3 are closed for next 2 years.. even if one opener is down, Rahul will replace him. Likes of Samson and Kishan... I don't think they are ideal to play from 4th position onwards.. we have such a strong top 3 that it's unlikely that the 4th or 5th batsman would come before powerplay.. and from what I have seen, Samson is only good as an opener or at 3rd, while Kishan, whose release shot is to smoke it in the cow corner..I'm not sure how good he is against fast bowling which is what he would face at #5 once Iyer is moved to 4..

I guess we're still talking T20s with the T20WC in mind and not ODIs. I don't see why Kishan /Samson can't be tried at 4/5 for a few matches 

On 9/17/2019 at 5:23 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Step 1 : Ganguly fought overseas against sides that were of high quality. He bought players with x factor in ODI 

Step 2: Under dravid we won a series overseas. Under him we learned to chase in ODI holding a record of 16 successful chases . Before that we were poor at chasing. 

Step 3 : Under dhoni we started winning tournament which we werent 

Step 4: Under virat a fitness culture came which helped our team perform better in situation where teams are hampered by fitness. He bough consistency.

good post..agree to this part

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

I guess we're still talking T20s with the T20WC in mind and not ODIs. I don't see why Kishan /Samson can't be tried at 4/5 for a few matches 

Yes, in IPL itself I have seen Sanju and Kishan not doing so well at 4,5. I don't want them to be given chances in those difficult spots and then discarded. If they really want to get into the team, they should try to play at those slots and prove... Sanju takes time to settle similar to Rohit while Kishan is somewhat unidimensional in his batting.. 4,5 slots are pretty demanding in indian setup as top 3 will always eat more than half the balls minimum..

seems these morons are hell bent on  destroying his career  for selfish motives. The drunkard fraud does not find any fault with proven test failures like

Rohit  and non consistant   experienced players  like Pujara .His dirty mouth will not open in the public  when coming to these 2. No wonder this oppertunistic fraud finds fault with such a promising youngster.