VVS Laxman: "I think if Pant is not improving, definitely you have to go to other options. There are other options available. Someone like Ishan Kishan, someone like a Sanju Samson. Why not try them?"

On 9/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, kirkutfan said:

Why not have guys like Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson replace some of those top 3 players. Like the bowlers, our top bats should be rotated around and rested too.

I dint see Kishan doing anything extra ordinary even in ipl. Atleast Samson has 1/2 noteworthy big inning in every ipl but Kishan I never saw. Also I don't trust his batting against fast bowlers.

Scores of Ishan Kishan in Vijay Hazare 2019:
11(15)
43(69)
47(46)
31(43)
14(35)

Scores of Sanju Samson in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019:
16(21)
67(66)
36(44)
48(40)
16(17)

Even these guys havent been consistent on domestic level itself......yet many want them over pant. Its only gets tougher in international .
On 9/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If we start taking most young batsman stats till that point.....it will shut up every pant critic 

Some one should write an article with stats from appropriate point of career of these experts who have spoken against Pant; the appropriate point being the number of games pant has played now. 

That's got to shut them up ?

@ICF can do it. Get one of our wordy folks to write an article.. we will share it in social media.

7 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

I remember the first few years when VVS started playing, he had a mediocre start. But the selectors stuck with him despite fans wanting him out. He really turned it around after 2001

VVS was dropped and went back to domestic cricket and scored 1480 or some runs in a season which is still the highest in a single season.VVS massively underacheived in his career.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:25 PM, putrevus said:

VVS was dropped and went back to domestic cricket and scored 1480 or some runs in a season which is still the highest in a single season.VVS massively underacheived in his career.

Selectors dropped him post 1998 I think.. It  was the 1999 season in which he scored close to 1500 runs. 

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

Poor VVS was so right. Pant fan boys are eating crow now. :no:

Pant played three amazing innings in three matches, under pressure on difficult wickets, when his side was in trouble. Two of them were match winning with mature partnerships. Keeping wise he has made some amazing runouts and catches 

Samson failed on the same pitch pant played these mature innings on 

Edited by New guy
27 minutes ago, New guy said:

Pant played three amazing innings in three matches, under pressure on difficult wickets, when his side was in trouble. Two of them were match winning with mature partnerships. Keeping wise he has made some amazing runouts and catches 

Samson failed on the same pitch pant played these mature innings on 

31(29) and 28(27) yesterday where he choked by playing a fancy shot are amazing innings.

Samson played 85(42) and 69(47) is a failure :hysterical:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLCpNY9CTAS9esBNLhqS4

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

31(29) and 28(27) yesterday where he choked by playing a fancy shot are amazing innings.

Samson played 85(42) and 69(47) is a failure :hysterical:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLCpNY9CTAS9esBNLhqS4

Samson played on completely different flat wickets. As soon as he moved on the same wicket as pant he failed. Of course a bot cannot understand difference in pitches