India cap is not cheap- players like Dube devalue it

maniac

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

What’s this lame  excuse of being a high risk player, he is just not international standard.

You see world class top 3-4, you see world class bowling line up bar 1-2 like Thakur and then you have this guy.

Cant beleive India doesn’t have better players than him. Seems like one of the players Nzl usually pick from their small pool who does a little bit of this and that.

There is no sense of timing in his shot. He just swings the bat as hard as he can. Also he closes the bat way too early so he barely gets the timing. Seen a few times holing out in midwicket. Poor range of shots.  I don't mind batsman being a bit agricultural as long as he makes a solid connection. He quiet often plays  a weak shot. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is no sense of timing in his shot. He just swings the bat as hard as he can. Also he closes the bat way too early so he barely gets the timing. Seen a few times holing out in midwicket. Poor range of shots.  I don't mind batsman being a bit agricultural as long as he makes a solid connection. He quiet often plays  a weak shot. 

Makes Pandya look like Sachin. Pandya plays proper cricketing shots in the V atleast 

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Makes Pandya look like Sachin. Pandya plays proper cricketing shots in the V atleast 

He has to work on his timing a lot. Pandya was an instant hit becaues he was able to time the ball well not just power. Was hitting 80,90 meter sixes from the beginning. Same match KL Rahul with barely any kind of violent backlift just caressed a ball for six. 

Big hitting batsmen who can bowl military medium are a RARITY in Indian cricket, and they serve a purpose in SENA. Ok, Pandya is better than dube but in case we haven't noticed, Pandya is getting injured a lot. Give Dube a proper run atleast before we condemn him as a gully cricketer...lol. people here were dumping on Iyer 10 days back after he looked uncomfortable against a few short deliveries by Starc...today, same Iyer is being hailed. It's not like Iyer has overcome his weakness against high pace 100% but he has shown signs he can counter things in his own way. Likewise, dube also cld overcome his limitations and still do a job. He outbowled Shami & Thakur today didn't he? Let's show some chill...not every effective player has to look international standard picture-perfect. Rory Burns & Shivnarine C look like ugly hacks but get the job done.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:33 PM, Audiophile said:

Bewda had a special laora back then. He is still using his shriveled appendage to boss around in Indian cricket.

shastri was better in tests. in fact, he went to become quite an effective opener in the pre-sidhu and pre-sehwag era.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

As a batting all rounder in the team, he did decently with the ball, provided impetus to the innings in two matches and failed in one match. For a young player, that is good enough for me.

Ok disagree with you. He seems a worthless inclusion in the side at the moment. With Virat's impatience, he may not get any more games in this tour as well and rightly so I think.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Ok disagree with you. He seems a worthless inclusion in the side at the moment. With Virat's impatience, he may not get any more games in this tour as well and rightly so I think.

In fact, with series in bag, now is the time to play him in remaining two matches as well and promote him at 3 as was done in this match...we can also rest one of Kohli/sharma to give run to Samson. Man, we expect perfection from players from word go.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Only a handful of Indian players can come in and start hitting 6s. Dube is one of them. I do hope we persist with him, adds more value to the team than say someone like Manish Pandey.

His batting positions in 7 batting innings has been 6, 7, 6, 3, 5, 5, 3. Good luck with developing young players when you keep shuffling  them every single match.

19 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Only a handful of Indian players can come in and start hitting 6s. Dube is one of them. I do hope we persist with him, adds more value to the team than say someone like Manish Pandey.

His batting positions in 7 batting innings has been 6, 7, 6, 3, 5, 5, 3. Good luck with developing young players when you keep shuffling  them every single match.

He has been given good numbers to bat in T20s, he missed 2 chances this series.With such competition, cannot have such misses. If he is getting to play just because he can bowl then it's just unfortunate for players like Pant, Samson. 

Edited by SK_IH