Tanhaji :the unsung warrior official trailer

vayuu1

On 11/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, FischerTal said:

Title of movie makes no sense. Tanhaji:the unsung warrior.

Most Marathi  people know who tanhaji is , then how is he unsung?

also Saif is playing a rajput, uday bhan. Which rajput wears a black turban? Just a lame attempt to make it seem like the character is Muslim. This is why Bollywood dodos should stay away from historical films

So if the villain in a historical flick is a Hindu character, he must be made as Muslim in his dress/mannerisms as possible to make it easier to hate on him.

Majority appeasement by Bollywood. :heartbreak:

18 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

in kollywood too ..

in rajnikant movies his best friend will always be a muslim and he will be murdered by the goons before the interval ..

its so predictable that if some muslim character is with rajni , we can start writing obituary 

21 hours ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Side note:  There is a perceptible shift towards celebrating Maharashtrian warriors after decades of love for mainly the North and NW (Rajput, Punjabi).   Next in line?  Da South!!  Krishnadevaraya.  Raja Raja Cholan.  Wonake Obavva.    

Which Punjabi warrior till date has been celebrated by Bollywood?

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

So if the villain in a historical flick is a Hindu character, he must be made as Muslim in his dress/mannerisms as possible to make it easier to hate on him.

Rarely happens. No regular Muslim villains , if there are, it has to be a jihadi looking, badebhai ka kurta pehananewaala. Otherwise, it will be a Brahmin looking leech. 

12 hours ago, velu said:

in kollywood too ..

in rajnikant movies his best friend will always be a muslim and he will be murdered by the goons before the interval ..

its so predictable that if some muslim character is with rajni , we can start writing obituary 

Usually in Telugu movies it is the hero who dresses up as the Muslim guy and speaks in a weird dialect for comic effect. Hey we bring joy and humor to the minorities :)

19 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I gave up on Bollywood doing historical films when they made Bajirao look like a dance India dance contestant

On 11/20/2019 at 4:55 AM, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Is it really a historical film?  They claim it is "based" on a true story, but not that it *is* the true story.  Couldn't sit through Bajirao Mastani either.  

Side note:  There is a perceptible shift towards celebrating Maharashtrian warriors after decades of love for mainly the North and NW (Rajput, Punjabi).   Next in line?  Da South!!  Krishnadevaraya.  Raja Raja Cholan.  Wonake Obavva.    

bolne mein kya jaata hain. its all about the money even if it makes no sense. 

Bollywood goes where they believe the money is. If a left wing govt comes back in 2024, you'll see all these new age patriots change their tunes.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:32 PM, coffee_rules said:

Rarely happens. No regular Muslim villains , if there are, it has to be a jihadi looking, badebhai ka kurta pehananewaala. Otherwise, it will be a Brahmin looking leech. 

Not true.

From the top of my head, Black Friday, Dhoom 3, Fanaa, Mukkadar ka Sikandar and Jungle Book all had 'regular' Muslim characters as villains.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, FischerTal said:

I gave up on Bollywood doing historical films when they made Bajirao look like a dance India dance contestant

Bollywood has done some good historical films.

Mughal-e-Azam

Halaku

Lagaan (to some extent)

Bajirao I liked. Mohenjadaro was terrible.

I remember this from history in school too. It was a ghorpad (iguana) on which Tanaji tied the rope.
And why is the movie called Tanhaji? Its Tanaji, isn't it?

Tanha ji sounds like Ajay Devgan's state of affairs before he met Kajol.
You are right.It was a Ghorpad named Yashwanti.Most Marathas were small and nimble ,weighing around 50 kg and a monitor lizard could hold their weight.
You will see surnames like Ghorpade today..they were the expert climbers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

You are right.It was a Ghorpad named Yashwanti.Most Marathas were small and nimble ,weighing around 50 kg and a monitor lizard could hold their weight.
You will see surnames like Ghorpade today..they were the expert climbers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Attributed Translated to the Mumbai batsmen in this century- Sunny,Sachin, Rahane, Shaw  :)