Whats up with ex-Pakistani cricketers becoming Youtubers?

FischerTal

Firstly, Good for them to identify and take advantage of a revenue stream. Nothing wrong with it.

However my problem is the hypocrisy as people mentioned above of these guys. As cringeworthy as Sehwag was, he thought he was funny and made a buffoon out of himself where as Rashid Latif response was so bitter you could see the hatred he harbors. 

Guys like Rameez or Shoaib are fine but they never have anything intelligent  to say. Same old clichés

I don't subscribe but definitely click on the videos whenever Pak receives a drubbing. trust me it is great entertainment. Rest of the time don't care. 

By the way read some of the comments from some naïve and chewt Indians on their channels, You read comments like Basit Ali is a great analyst and Rashid bhai is a genius etc etc. Makes me cringe. Any way that's kind of a win for them

13 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I don’t see why this is a big deal. These guys are already getting paid by channels. I think this is more or less to help them grow a following business wise. And say things they normally can’t say on TV due to there contracts. Heck if you watch some of these videos they are very well edited so they defiantly got a paid editor. It could probably even be a sponsorship deal by some company. Its extra cash who would not want it? Have you guys ever considered maybe things work differently in Pakistan? Maybe these big companies value youtube more than India. Youtube is huge there.

Huh? Youtubers' income depends on subscriber and views. So I will leave it to you to figure out where those views and subscribers will come in large numbers especially on a topic related to cricket.

4 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Promotion. They use these cricketer to get promotion on youtube since youtube is viewed by world wide audience. They are clearly targeting Indian and Pakistani cricket fans. And if you wanna say sub counts garner them money. Well look at how fast they have grown. 

:hmmmm2: WTF does that even mean?

so are you agreeing with me or disagreeing I still can't figure out? 

Edited by maniac
8 hours ago, maniac said:

Firstly, Good for them to identify and take advantage of a revenue stream. Nothing wrong with it.

However my problem is the hypocrisy as people mentioned above of these guys. As cringeworthy as Sehwag was, he thought he was funny and made a buffoon out of himself where as Rashid Latif response was so bitter you could see the hatred he harbors. 

Guys like Rameez or Shoaib are fine but they never have anything intelligent  to say. Same old clichés

I don't subscribe but definitely click on the videos whenever Pak receives a drubbing. trust me it is great entertainment. Rest of the time don't care. 

By the way read some of the comments from some naïve and chewt Indians on their channels, You read comments like Basit Ali is a great analyst and Rashid bhai is a genius etc etc. Makes me cringe. Any way that's kind of a win for them

Watched lots of them yesterday, now i understand what you were referring to on the other thread.

Akhtar is a narcissist. Kept talking about himself.  I couldnt bear Rameez , he is just as bad as he is in commentary box. 

Idiot indians forgetting basit is the same guy who few months back said India lost to England on purpose to keep pak out of semis. 

I have heard latif in past,  i found him balanced even them. Maybe there are some idiotic videos of him as well. 

Pak youtubers are entertaining because they have no filter about their own team. Unlike Indian ex cricketers where everyone toes the company line and sticks to the script, these guys tear their own team to shreds and ask uncomfortable questions. Some of our own cricketers (Bishen Singh Bedi etc) used to do this but now they cant even criticise the team where its deserved.

But when it comes to India, Pak youtubers praise our team way too much because our population and cheap internet is a good revenue stream. Indians online are hyper sensitive when it comes to online criticism but run to any source who praises us regardless of whether the praise is sincere or not