2nd ODI, West Indies tour of India at Visakhapatnam, Dec 18 2019 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

2 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

Deepak cahar- 7 overs, 44 runs, 6.3 eco

Shardul thakur-  8 overs, 55 runs, 6.9 eco

Sir jaddu- 10 overs, 74 runs, 7.4 eco

Chuskies fans must be getting pretty elated ..:phehe:.. brace urself folks 

Missing Dhoni and jadhav

It is so refreshing to see fresh faces like shreyas,Pant ,Mayank get enough time to show their batting.

I am tired of watching Virat and Rohit take up most of the batting specially in non challenging home series. It is boring and they should give chance to newer guys. I have stopped watching them bat in home series. Where is the challenge?Australia Newzealand mein dekhenge inko...this is just boring.

This is why I like ipl because you get to see so many new guys get a chance.

Edited by beetle
2 hours ago, Amit228 said:

benign encouragement

That's a wonderful term you coined...It perfectly describes Kohli's attitude towards talented youth. He has figured out how to get optics right...So he will applaud youth, lavish praise like 'i wasn't 10% of gill at 19 yrs', but his actions often tell a different story. Even today, dropping Dube and playing Jadhav made no sense...Dube can easily play at 6, and giving him a good run in LOIs is best way to test his readiness for T2O WC.

Another thing I have noticed is the way Kohli sometimes celebrates is over the top and he makes it all about him. A good leader shld mix with all players but  let them take spotlight, he should say what he means and show consistency in his actions. Things for Kohli to work on...I really think his ego gets better of him as a leader.

2 hours ago, Amit228 said:

Doesn't have a heart to toss the balls up when batsmen line him up...  If u wnt to play jadeja well.. just go berserk on him.. & he will resort to bowling darts only to be carted around more & more..  

That's why he excels in test cricket where batsman or on defensive.. in limited over cricket.. he losses his mojo when batsmen goes after him.

Plus, in home tests the track usually is spin friendly and Jadeja becomes deadly with his accuracy, subtle change of pace & release, and a survival minded batsman.

5 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

That's a wonderful term you coined...It perfectly describes Kohli's attitude towards talented youth. He has figured out how to get optics right...So he will applaud youth, lavish praise like 'i wasn't 10% of gill at 19 yrs', but his actions often tell a different story. Even today, dropping Dube and playing Jadhav made no sense...Dube can easily play at 6, and giving him a good run in LOIs is best way to test his readiness for T2O WC.

Another thing I have noticed is the way Kohli sometimes celebrates is over the top and he makes it all about him. A good leader shld mix with all players but  let them take spotlight, he should say what he means and show consistency in his actions. Things for Kohli to work on...I really think his ego gets better of him as a leader.

Yeah he plays the good guy tune to the gallery...  he knows he is the most sought after sporting personality in cricketing world..where his good guy image is magnate for brands... so there's comes his accolades for the young players (limited to lips servicing)...

However in field.. he has costed india a world cup by backing mediocre/spent forces players a la dhoni, jadhav, rayudu, Shankar et al... Heck even Bangladesh had a strong middle order than pathetic India middle order.. 

That ludicrous middle order backed by Captain kohli costed us a genuine shot at world cup 2019.. 

5 hours ago, Amit228 said:

Jadhav is a spent force.. he doesn't hv power game to justify his place at no 6.. he could hv been more suited at no 4-5.. However now with iyer & pant locked at that position.. i don't think jadhav come across as a basher or power hitter after pant.. at the time when u require impetus going into the death over.. 

With the novelty of his arms running parallel to the ground bowling action wearing off.. he isn't idealy a 6th bowling option..he was hardly used as a bowling option in the world cup.. at age of 34.. his place is surely is on radar when going forward into the future..

His bowling has been sorted out big time by batsmen now and without his bowling he does not deserve the spot as a pure bat. 

and at 34 with  dodgy fitness , what you are going to get by playing in the X1 ? 

Win some bi laterals . That would be really poor thinking and bad strategy ..

West Indies always seems to find some shyte captains.. Pollard has been absolutely poor in that sense.. bringing a conventional offspinner Roston Chase in slog overs.. identifying death bowlers is the most important part of captaincy in ODIs.