Harsha Bhogle's excellent words on the current chaos

sandeep

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You bought his "opinion" because you are on the same wavelength as him. That's why you are praising him in this thread. Don't try to push him on to us. Many of us are not in THAT side of the spectrum. Do you understand me.

I'm not trying to "push" anything.  I'm entitled to voice and write my opinion as much as you are.  I don't try to shut you down simply because I disagree with you - I may choose to disagree with you however.  Same applies here - I have no issues with those disagreeing with me, or with what Harsha wrote.  But disagree on the substance, simply attacking the person because you dislike or disagree with his opinion, only diminishes your own opinion - that was my point.  

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

As usual sitting on the fence

That's what you interpret this as? 

And one second later - 

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

and honestly all these guys should just stay out and keep their opinion to themselves 

The self contradiction is interesting.

It is only in India that cricketers or those associated with cricket and film stars are treated as some sort of intellectuals with a nuanced understanding of society.

Harsha has an opinion. So does Irfan Pathan. So does Anupam Kher. 

Let em. Their voice and right to pass of their opinion as *the* opinion is just as valid as yours and mine.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I'm not trying to "push" anything.  I'm entitled to voice and write my opinion as much as you are.  I don't try to shut you down simply because I disagree with you - I may choose to disagree with you however.  Same applies here - I have no issues with those disagreeing with me, or with what Harsha wrote.  But disagree on the substance, simply attacking the person because you dislike or disagree with his opinion, only diminishes your own opinion - that was my point.  

You are pushing him on to us. Nobody in this thread agrees with Harsha or you in this thread yet you keep posting for the sake of it. You are pushing this agenda and nobody in their right mind will fall for it. Go on ahead and keep posting your opinion. No one cares

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

So "Real McCoy" and "Coffee_rules" have a right to express their opinion, but Bhogle should stick to cricket? 

I don't even like Harsha or his commentary, but his words here have value.  At a minimum, he has a right to his opinion, and those disliking it, by resorting to silly pathetic personal attacks, are giving ample evidence of their inability to dispute the points he's made. 

Nothing stinks more than Grade A “Virtue Signaling “ , aaj kal babut saare unkils kar rahe hain.

Edited by coffee_rules

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That's what you interpret this as? 

And one second later - 

The self contradiction is interesting.

Well I know what he’s hinting , but he’s not the types who’s going to come out openly and say which side he’s on . You want to criticise the govt , but also want to play safe ..just in case ? 

As for staying out , it was for all these celebrities who feel the need to shove their opinion on aam junta . It’s not like me or you , these guys are heard by millions , so ideally not about things they are not experts 

38 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

It is only in India that cricketers or those associated with cricket and film stars are treated as some sort of intellectuals with a nuanced understanding of society.

Harsha has an opinion. So does Irfan Pathan. So does Anupam Kher. 

Let em. Their voice and right to pass of their opinion as *the* opinion is just as valid as yours and mine.

Exactly, don’t care which side they are on . 

@Audiophile the need for RSS or Hindu nationalism is only because of Islam... practicing/non-practicing Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Sikhs , Christians , true-secular Muslims etc. should unite under one umbrella which practically can only be RSS... Islam is the problem... Muslims follow Islam.... sometimes people will write Muslims for Islam...that doesn't mean that all Muslims are bad or that majority Muslims are bad....

But all right thinking people must unite under ONE umbrella, which can only be RSS, in the larger interest, regardless of minor difference of opinions, regardless of some dumb things in your opinion that rss/bjp or some of its followers do or say.

Edited by randomGuy

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

You have problem with 370 abrogation? If you are a Pakistani (asking since I haven't interacted with you before) no need to answer. 

Flew over my head.

Gurgaon se hun bhai. Pakka Haryanvi. Im not against 370 but salla wahan sabko bandh karke kyu baithe ho and if we are doing that Kashmir why not same to north east. It should be same for all states.

Regarding second statement just read hemanta biswa’s comments 3 days back where he is saying that they are creating a law where they wont allow outsiders to settle or buy land

Just now, randomGuy said:

@Audiophile the need for RSS or Hindu nationalism is only because of Islam...non-practicing Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Sikhs , Christians , true-secular Muslims etc. should unite under one umbrella which practically can only be RSS... Islam is the problem... Muslims follow Islam.... sometimes people will write Muslims for Islam...that doesn't mean that all Muslims are bad or that majority Muslims are bad....

But all right thinking people must unite under ONE umbrella, which can only be RSS, in the larger interest, regardless of minor difference of opinions, regardless of some dumb things that rss/bjp or some of its followers do or say.

But RSS doesnt like christianity too. Infact they only want hindus

16 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Also, if repressed minorities have legal path to citizenship, then what about the Rohingas from Myanmar or Balochis, Ahmadis from Pak?

Picking & choosing one religion or even minorities isn't the best policy as far as I'm concerned, though I do have a feeling that it's simply about "illegal immigration" i.e. mostly Bengalis & they're also trying to appease their base by limiting it to Hindus. If this does get challenged & struck down in SC, then they should just come out with a better way to throw them out (assuming this was the main goal) & not make it about a religion or community. We're better than the reason floated by Jinnah, as to why they needed Pak, & we need to live up to that promise notwithstanding the appeasement by Congress & other parties in the past or present.

Good morning on a bright sunny morning here on Christmas Day! As predicted a lot of "Hindu extremists or their sympathizers" ganged up on my response.  :giggle:

Koi baat nahin, I do not have the desire or the hate in my heart to refute all of you. So a Big Merry Christmas to all of you, take a deep breath and think that this planet will be gone due to war, climate change, etc before the Caliphate rules over all of ya! Take a deep breath and enjoy will it lasts! :dance:

I still did not get an answer if Modi Govt has lived up to its economic promises, reduce poverty and in general making lives of common people better. I think the answer is no, otherwise they would emphasizing that instead of these distractions. I see parallels between Modi and Trump in the way they act, although Trump is a moron and Modi is not which could be beneficial or worrying.

Edited by Audiophile

1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

I still did not get an answer if Modi Govt has lived up to its economic promises, reduce poverty and in general making lives of common people better. I think the answer is no, otherwise they would emphasizing that instead of these distractions. I see parallels between Modi and Trump in the way they act, although Trump is a moron and Modi is not which could be beneficial or worrying.

How did Modi win 2019 elections? There is progress in the country. You may want it to be faster in speed, but nevertheless, many outstanding works over last 60 years, have only been done in this last 6 years...

The only way to beat extremists is to have your own bunch of extremists. I'm from a Sikh background and I'm thankful of what the Sikh militants did in 1947. It wasn't nice but it was what had to be done to save Sikhs. Once the other side has been defeated the extremists can then calm down.

None of this turn the other cheek nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

The only way to beat extremists is to have your own bunch of extremists. I'm from a Sikh background and I'm thankful of what the Sikh militants did in 1947. It wasn't nice but it was what had to be done to save Sikhs. Once the other side has been defeated the extremists can then calm down.

None of this turn the other cheek nonsense.

I hope you felt no sense of anger when your kind were indiscriminately butchered after the Indira Gandhi assassination in 1984 due to the fault of a few. After all you guys deserved to be murdered like pigs, right? You see this khoon ka balda khoon approach works only for a little while and then comes to bite your ass!

However, its your brain, your thinking and your free choice!

1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

I hope you felt no sense of anger when your kind were indiscriminately butchered after the Indira Gandhi assassination in 1984 due to the fault of a few. After all you guys deserved to be murdered like pigs, right? You see this khoon ka balda khoon approach works only for a little while and then comes to bite your ass!

However, its your brain, your thinking and your free choice!

Do you think in 1984 it was all one way traffic?

Both sides have stopped fighting against each other and they dont try to convert each other. They want to move forward in life, not spend their lives believing purely in fairytales.

Edited by Ranvir