Mass Murders of Shia Muslims in Pakistan

SecondSlip

Worshipping Allah is not enough. A lot of non-Muslims do not realize that the muslim infighting causes more casualties than external sources.

Saudi Arabia is more dangerous country than Iran, and yet, Trump goes and kisses Saudi auss. :facepalm:

Edited by Audiophile

On 3/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, Gollum said:

Don't give a * about them Baki Shias, they are our enemy as much as Sunnis and Ahmadis. Stop feeling sorry when they are butchered. Problem is with that prophet and asmani kitab. 

hope atleast he is a man of his words. Please isolate us please do it. 

On 3/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, Gollum said:

Don't give a * about them Baki Shias, they are our enemy as much as Sunnis and Ahmadis. Stop feeling sorry when they are butchered. Problem is with that prophet and asmani kitab. 

"... India's isolation from the world of Islam".

He says that as if it's somehow a bad thing. 

Is this Ayatollah popular among Indian Muslims @Mariyam ? Who are the top Shia leaders in India? Do you think they should condemn Iran's meddling in Indian affairs? Do you think prominent Indian Shias will speak out against Iran's Supreme Leader, foreign minister and other top officials who are making loose comments? IMO maintaining silence means their loyalty lies elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Is this Ayatollah popular among Indian Muslims @Mariyam ? Who are the top Shia leaders in India? Do you think they should condemn Iran's meddling in Indian affairs? Do you think prominent Indian Shias will speak out against Iran's Supreme Leader, foreign minister and other top officials who are making loose comments? IMO maintaining silence means their loyalty lies elsewhere. 

The Ayatollah is definitely popular among the pious Shiites. Most shiite homes and businesses would have a photo of the current Ayatollah and his predecessor; Khomeini.  He is the rahbar and the equivalent of the head of the clergy class (a position missing among the Sunnis).

Also, in India Shias are not homogenuous. There are twelver Shiites, whose primary leader is Kalbe Jawad the chief imam at Lucknow. Doubt he would condemn the Ayotallah's statement. That would be akin to heresy. But his office has replied to the foreign minister's tweet in a letter to the editor in a popular newspaper.  

Dawoodi Bohra's are also counted as shiites in our census. Their spiritual leader is the Syedna. But the Ayatollah has no pull among the Bohris.

The Khojas are also a sub sect of the Shiites where the Ayatollah has no traction.

Not the first time this Ayatollah has made controversial statements about India. Even meddled in Kashmir related affairs, pro-Pak line. Has Modi (or MMS/Vajpayee before him) ever publicly spoken about Iran's internal affairs, meddled in their territorial issues? We even ignored US pressure to trade with them, continue to invest there, keep calling them our ally.....is this how allies behave? 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Not the first time this Ayatollah has made controversial statements about India. Even meddled in Kashmir related affairs, pro-Pak line. Has Modi (or MMS/Vajpayee before him) ever publicly spoken about Iran's internal affairs, meddled in their territorial issues? We even ignored US pressure to trade with them, continue to invest there, keep calling them our ally.....is this how allies behave? 

Could be for domestic consumption. Doesn't mean that Indian and Iranian partnership etc changes. 

I am no expert here, but India has stopped buying or reduced buying oil from Iran under US pressure. India buys a lot from Saudi Arabia now. They haven't condemned India. Its all business.

India has routinely voted against Israel in the UN. On issues that pertain to Israeli policies. We are still allies etc.

Edited by Mariyam

18 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The Ayatollah is definitely popular among the pious Shiites. Most shiite homes and businesses would have a photo of the current Ayatollah and his predecessor; Khomeini.  He is the rahbar and the equivalent of the head of the clergy class (a position missing among the Sunnis).

Also, in India Shias are not homogenuous. There are twelver Shiites, whose primary leader is Kalbe Jawad the chief imam at Lucknow. Doubt he would condemn the Ayotallah's statement. That would be akin to heresy. But his office has replied to the foreign minister's tweet in a letter to the editor in a popular newspaper.  

Dawoodi Bohra's are also counted as shiites in our census. Their spiritual leader is the Syedna. But the Ayatollah has no pull among the Bohris.

The Khojas are also a sub sect of the Shiites where the Ayatollah has no traction.

So many sects.... 

Isnt having a photo of the relegious leaders against Islam ?

16 minutes ago, diga said:

So many sects.... 

There is some degree of ambiguity on this.

The portrait isn't prayed to, in case of the Ayatollah.

Some schools of Sunni Islamic jurisprudence are against any display of the human form. In the form of statues, pictures or paintings.

20 minutes ago, diga said:

So many sects.... 

See, Muslims have assimilated with the local tradition of the land.

So many sects and castes and sub groups we're split up in.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Could be for domestic consumption. Doesn't mean that Indian and Iranian partnership etc changes. 

I am no expert here, but India has stopped buying or reduced buying oil from Iran under US pressure. India buys a lot from Saudi Arabia now. They haven't condemned India. Its all business.

India has routinely voted against Israel in the UN. On issues that pertain to Israeli policies. We are still allies etc.

This. Saudis talk bad about Isreal and vice versa but are allies through US. They both hate Iran due to geopolitics. We should stick to our business and keep it neutral on world affairs. Same thing some hindus talk about isreal. Their logic is India has problems with muslims and pakistan and isreal has problems with palestinians and muslims so enemy's enemy is a friend. It doesnt work like that. Take Wendy doniger for example, an amreican jew who has constantly written negatively about hindus. I'm very skeptical of this ally concept especially with us and isreal. they cant be trusted. we know what we get from pakistan - a lot of hate. but this uneasy friendship is not something i trust. We should make peace with each other as Indians no matter if they are hindu, muslim or whatever and engage the local muslim community to think for themselves alone rather than thinking about global muslims. I know its a tall order but efforts need to be made. This is probably not the thread to discuss it as I forgot the original thread :confused:

22 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

This. Saudis talk bad about Isreal and vice versa but are allies through US. They both hate Iran due to geopolitics. We should stick to our business and keep it neutral on world affairs. Same thing some hindus talk about isreal. Their logic is India has problems with muslims and pakistan and isreal has problems with palestinians and muslims so enemy's enemy is a friend. It doesnt work like that. Take Wendy doniger for example, an amreican jew who has constantly written negatively about hindus. I'm very skeptical of this ally concept especially with us and isreal. they cant be trusted. we know what we get from pakistan - a lot of hate. but this uneasy friendship is not something i trust. We should make peace with each other as Indians no matter if they are hindu, muslim or whatever and engage the local muslim community to think for themselves alone rather than thinking about global muslims. I know its a tall order but efforts need to be made. This is probably not the thread to discuss it as I forgot the original thread :confused:

:laugh:

Didn't you know that EVERY SINGLE THREAD in chit chat is to discuss the Hindu-Muslim chasm.

I mean how can you not discuss the 5th battle of Bahubali in 1333AD between Sultan Pappu Fakeeruddin and Raja Dev Bhalla II, which the Sultan won through deceit and his forces inflicted untold miseries on the local Hindu populace, for which obviously all Muslims henceforth born in the India are  personally responsible. :dontknow:

Edited by Mariyam

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

:laugh:

Didn't you know that EVERY SINGLE THREAD in chit chat is to discuss the Hindu-Muslim chasm.

I mean how can you not discuss the 5th battle of Bahubali in 1333AD between Sultan Pappu Fakeeruddin and Raja Dev Bhalla II, which the Sultan won through deceit and his forces inflicted untold miseries on the local Hindu populace, for which obviously all Muslims henceforth born in the India are  personally responsible. :dontknow:

If you referring to Malik Kafur's invasion of the Deccan then yes that's true. 

Although the timeline is bit off by 20 something years.